Bacon wrapped air fryer steak with a dry rub is amazing for dinner! No need for a grill or oven anymore. Get a tender steak in just 18 minutes this way!
OH MY goodness, this bacon wrapped air fryer steak came out amazing!! I will start by saying I am not a lover of steak but this dinner changed me! Added to our list of easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you can use any brand to make this recipe though. (affiliate links present)
- I am officially obsessed with creating new air fryer recipes!!
When I thought of cooking dinner last night I figured I would test one out using some steak. I used my air fryer cook times printable to figure out how long ribeye would take to cook and it worked great. We have this pressure cooker and power air fryer but other brands are just fine.
Adding the bacon just took this air fryer steak over the top!
We have a lot of meat at home. We bought half a cow and pig so our freezer is packed full which I love. No reason to go out in the snow to grab what I need anymore. 😉
Recently we were also sent two boxes from ButcherBox which we used here. I will tell you that the bacon was the most amazing bacon we have ever eaten, no joke.
- You can get free bacon + $15 off your order too here. It’s a great way to have quality meats delivered right to your door too!
Why this bacon wrapped air fryer steak recipe is so amazing
It’s all about the best steak dry rub recipe here:
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Whether you’re making steak in the air fryer, on the grill, or on the stovetop, this is the best steak dry rub ever. NO need for melted butter or sauce when this is rubbed on the outside.
This is how I made our air fried steaks
- Mix dry steak rub and sprinkle on both sides, patting down so it sticks.
- Lay 3 pieces of bacon down like this.
- Wrap each piece around and under, overlapping the lower pieces onto each other.
- Tuck the last piece of bacon under one of the other pieces so it doesn’t all unravel.
- Lay in your air fryer basket once the preheating is complete.
- Flip the steak halfway through.
I made sure to preheat my air fryer so it would cook evenly and ensure that the bacon crisped up well. I don’t like soggy bacon.
- As you can see each piece is cooked perfectly. Crispy but still a bit tender so you can get a piece of bacon with each bite of steak.
The timing listed gets your steaks medium I would say. You can see the photo at the top. If you want medium rare cook for maybe 15 minutes instead of our 18. I will say I typically order mine well done but I wouldn’t want to cook it longer than I did here. It’s perfect.
This is what you need to make a perfect air fryer steak wrapped in bacon:
- Ribeye steak – our preference, we cooked 2 at a time
- use what you like, New York strip steak or filet mignon would be amazing
- Bacon – we prefer uncured, you will need 3 strips for each steak
- Coarse sea salt
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper if desired (we didn’t)
Once you try these you will LOVE our smoked bacon wrapped pork chops too!
Note: Pre heat your machine first. When cooking a steak in your air fryer flipping halfway is VERY important. It will allow it cook evenly and get the nice crispiness on both sides.
Air Fryer Steak
- Mix seasonings together until combined well.
- Lay steaks on cutting board and sprinkle half seasoning mix on 1 side of both steaks, pat down so it sticks. Flip over and do the same until seasonings are gone.
- Lay 3 pieces of bacon down horizontally, lined up next to one another but not overlapping.
- Lay 1 steak on top of the bacon in the middle. Wrap top piece around and under steak. Do this with 2nd piece, then with 3rd piece pull last side up and tuck it under one of the other pieces of bacon so they don't all unravel.
- Do the same for your 2nd steak. Lay both bacon wrapped steaks inside your air fryer basket.
- Preheat your air fryer at 375 degrees for 5 minutes, then put basket with steaks inside and set for a total of 18 minutes.
- After 9 minutes flip both steaks so other side can cook and crisp bacon.
- Allow steaks to rest for 3-5 minutes to stay juicy, then serve.