Bacon wrapped air fryer steak with a dry rub is amazing for dinner! No need for a grill or oven anymore. Get a tender steak in just 18 minutes this way!
OH MY goodness, this bacon wrapped air fryer steak came out amazing!! I will start by saying I am not a lover of steak but this dinner changed me! Added to our list of easy air fryer recipes, you can use any brand to make this recipe though. (originally published 2/19, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Steak
When I thought of cooking dinner last night I figured I would test one out using some steak.
I used my air fryer cook times printable to figure out how long ribeye would take to cook and it worked great.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
We have this pressure cooker and power air fryer but other brands are just fine.
Air fryer steak
We have a lot of meat at home. We bought half a cow and pig so our freezer is packed full which I love. No reason to go out in the snow to grab what I need anymore. 😉
- I’m sure if you shop at big box stores you have a bunch too and will be ready for some air fryer Costco steak tonight.
- Or make air fryer filet mignon if you want the best of the best.
Our next thing to make is some air fryer cube steak. That is coming soon and will include that link once it’s posted. 😉
Recently we were also sent two boxes from ButcherBox which we used here. I will tell you that the bacon was the most amazing bacon we have ever eaten, no joke.
- You can get free bacon + $15 off your order too here. It’s a great way to have quality meats delivered right to your door too!
It depends slightly how well done you want it. 18 minutes flipped halfway is my ideal timing so it’s medium. Use our steak temperature chart to see what temperature rare vs. well done is.
Is steak in air fryer good?
Steak in air fryer
It’s all about the best steak dry rub recipe here:
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Whether you’re making steak in the air fryer, on the grill, or on the stovetop, this is the best steak dry rub ever. You can even use it on our air fryer cube steak if you don’t want to marinate it.
NO need for melted butter or sauce when this is rubbed on the outside.
Air fried steaks
Time needed: 18 minutes.
Air Fryer Steak
- Dry rub
Mix seasonings together until combined well in a bowl. Lay your steaks on a cutting board and sprinkle half of your seasoning mix on 1 side of both steaks. Pat down so it sticks.
Then flip over and do the same on the other sides until seasoning is gone.
Lay 3 pieces of bacon down horizontally, lined up next to another one but not overlapping. Lay 1 steak on top of the bacon in the middle.
Now wrap the top piece around and underneath your steak. Do this with 2nd piece, then with 3rd you want to pull the last side up and tuck it under another piece of bacon so they don’t all unravel.
Do the same for your 2nd steak. Lay both bacon wrapped steaks inside your air fryer basket.
Preheat your air fryer at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. Then put into your basket and set for a total of 18 minutes.
After 9 minutes flip both steaks so other side can cook and crisp bacon. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes to stay juicy, then slice and serve.
Like this you see here. If you don’t want to add the bacon then of course just skip those steps. I would highly recommend using our rub though. It really takes your meat from good to OH MY can I have the recipe??!
I made sure to preheat my air fryer so it would cook evenly and ensure that the bacon crisped up well. I don’t like soggy bacon.
- As you can see each piece is cooked perfectly. Crispy but still a bit tender so you can get a piece of bacon with each bite of steak.
The timing listed gets your steaks medium I would say. You can see the photo at the top.
If you want medium rare cook for maybe 15 minutes instead of our 18. I will say I typically order mine well done but I wouldn’t want to cook it longer than I did here. It’s perfect.
Can you put frozen meat in an air fryer?
- Yes! I have put frozen chicken in an air fryer and air fryer frozen steak before!
- Frozen meat can take a long time to cook when you are in a rush. However, thanks to air fryer technology you can now cook a variety of frozen meat products in no time at all.
Take note: I haven’t done this for air fryer steak but if I do I will make any additional notes you might need.
Air fryer steak
- Ninja Foodi
- Ribeye steak – our preference, we cooked 2 at a time
- use what you like, New York strip steak or filet mignon would be amazing
- Bacon – we prefer uncured, you will need 3 strips for each steak
- Coarse sea salt
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper if desired (we didn’t)
How long does it take to cook steak in an air fryer?
It depends on how well done you want it and what type of steak it is. A filet will take the shortest amount of time because it’s so tender and generally you want it on the rarer side.
7 minutes is the general rule for medium rare steak. As always allow your beef to rest for 10 minutes before slicing to maintain the juices inside.
What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
Well, after you try this you will LOVE our smoked bacon wrapped pork chops too!
- Air fryer hot dogs are a fun dinner idea too.
- Our air fryer fajitas and air fryer chicken fried steak uses steak too.
- We served these air fryer steaks with this sweet potato in the air fryer side dish.
- If you have a Foodi, try our Ninja Foodi steak and potatoes
How do you reheat steak in an air fryer?
Turn your air fryer to 350-400 degrees for just 3-4 minutes and add your leftovers. It will taste just as crispy as the night before when it’s done this way. I prefer to flip mine halfway through.
Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too done on the outside or overcook the middle, but this timing is pretty dead on.
Steak in Ninja Foodi
Note: Pre heat your machine first. When cooking a steak in your air fryer flipping halfway is VERY important. It will allow it cook evenly and get the nice crispiness on both sides.
It’s kinda’ like what you get when cooking steak in a cast iron pan. That raw crisp on the outside FULL of flavor….
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
You can use this same recipe to make air fryer steak bites, minus the bacon.
Air Fryer Steak
- Mix seasonings together until combined well.
- Lay steaks on cutting board and sprinkle half seasoning mix on 1 side of both steaks, pat down so it sticks. Flip over and do the same until seasonings are gone.
- Lay 3 pieces of bacon down horizontally, lined up next to one another but not overlapping.
- Lay 1 steak on top of the bacon in the middle. Wrap top piece around and under steak. Do this with 2nd piece, then with 3rd piece pull last side up and tuck it under one of the other pieces of bacon so they don’t all unravel.
- Do the same for your 2nd steak. Lay both bacon wrapped steaks inside your air fryer basket.
- Preheat your air fryer at 375 degrees for 5 minutes, then put basket with steaks inside and set for a total of 18 minutes.
- After 9 minutes flip both steaks so other side can cook and crisp bacon.
- Allow steaks to rest for 3-5 minutes to stay juicy, then serve.