I have 2 air fryer pork chop recipe ideas here. One wrapped in bacon with no breading and the other is lightly breaded. Both are fantastic for dinner!
I have been obsessed with my new kitchen appliance, and made these bacon wrapped air fryer pork chop recipe as well as one that is breaded. Both were fantastic! Just one of our favorite air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (originally published 6/19, affiliate links present)
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
I haven’t used my stovetop or oven in months after using it. Seriously it does everything!!
Air fryer pork chop recipe
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. ?
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
I made smoked bacon wrapped pork chops in the past, but thought they’d turn out a lot faster in my air fryer and they did! With the same great dry rub for pork they didn’t have the smoky flavor of the other one but the taste was pretty darn close I have to say.
What is the best way to fry pork chops without flour?
- This is the first way I made them, no breading involved which is great if you’re looking for low carb or keto friendly dishes.
Air fryer pork chops
- 4 pork chops – ours were bone in, haven’t tried boneless pork yet
- 8 slices of bacon
- Brown sugar
- Garlic salt
- Chili powder
We bought 1/2 a pig and cow earlier this year so the bacon is from that. Ours is quite thick and store bought would be thinner.
There isn’t a huge difference either way except that the thinner the bacon the crispier it will get and the faster it will cook.
Bacon wrapped air fryer pork chops
Air fryer pork chops
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Prepare ingredients
Mix pork chop dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Pour it on to a plate and press down both sides of the chop so it was well coated.
- Wrap with bacon
If you want to add bacon, lay 2 slices of bacon down on a cutting board horizontally. Place the pork chop on top and wrap the bacon around the top, the meatiest area.
Fasten the bacon down with 1 toothpick per slice in a way where the meat will lay flat.
Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Lay 2-3 pork chops inside the basket, as many as you can without overlapping.
Close lid and cook pork chops for a total of 10 minutes (approx, time varies according to how thick your pieces are), flipping halfway through the cooking process.
Check meat internal temperature, 145 F, to ensure it is done then allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Then add this to your air fryer basket and begin the air crisp process.
Pork chops in air fryer
- We actually used our Mealthy CrispLid on top of our Instant Pot to make this second version of these!!
- Did you know you can turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer now?? Yes you can!!
These pork chops were from the same batch in our freezer.
We have made pressure cooker pork chops in a sauce and those were good. If you want to experiment I would suggest trying that recipe as well this week.
If you want to go on a roll and cook them a bunch of different ways you can try dutch oven pork chops too. They are really versatile!
I am all about experimenting and finding what all 5 of us like best. It is different for each food. We found that we love air fryer vegetables, but prefer pressure cooker recipes for beef.
I would say that out of these two methods we liked the bacon wrapped version better. But then again….we are kinda’ bacon obsessed so there’s that.
Bread crumb air fryer pork chop recipe
Can you stack meat in an air fryer?
- No, that won’t get you the crispy result you want
- Hot air needs to circulate around the food in order for all surfaces to crisp
Do you have to flip meat in an air fryer?
- To evenly crisp the outside you will want to, yes
- Use tongs to flip these once during the 10 – 12 minutes total cook time
Breaded bone in pork chops in air fryer
If using your CrispLid, these are the instructions and ingredients to lightly coat outside:
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- or 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs + 1/3 c. crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder, garlic powder & paprika
- 1 egg
- Olive oil spray
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine all spices and bread crumbs well, pour on to a plate.
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl and dip meat into it on both sides
- Lay a pork chop into the mixture and press down so it sticks.
- Flip over and press down again.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket and put chops inside so they don’t overlap.
- Use olive oil spray on top.
- Set to 10 minutes to cook total, flip halfway through and spraying on other side too.
- For very thick pieces 15 minutes might be necessary
Looking for other pork recipes?
Our crockpot pork chops are easy to throw in and let them cook by themselves all day with apples!
- Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe is great for sliders
- Air fryer pork tenderloin is incredible.
- Our Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork gets raving reviews
- Smoked pork steaks are yummy too
Air fryer pork chops no breading
Printable easy air fryer pork recipe is below. Air fried is our favorite way to get our favorite foods nice and crispy while keeping insides tender. In less than 20 minutes you too can have this mouth watering meal ready!
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees while you're preparing all of this. Mix seasonings and pour on to a plate. Lay 1 pork chop on seasoning, flip, cover and coat both sides.
- Lay 2 slices of bacon down horizontally, use a cutting board for this. Wrap the top portion of the pork chop (meaty end) and fasten with 2 toothpicks so bacon stays on. Insert vertically so it is not sticking out and chop can lay flat.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray.
- Lay 2-3 pork chops inside the basket, as many as you can without overlapping. We can only fit 2.
- Close lid and air fry for a total of 10 minutes (approx, time varies according to how thick your pieces are), flipping halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove and check internal temperature to ensure they're done. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Remove toothpicks before eating.