Frozen pork chops in air fryer can come out tender and juicy in no time! Use our dry rub so they have bold flavors with every single bite. Don’t worry if you forgot to defrost dinner, this tip will save the day for sure!
Making frozen pork chops in air fryer is a game changer when you’re forgetful like me. 😉 Yes if you haven’t defrosted your meat there’s a solution to still get dinner on the table! Another easy air fryer recipe hack you’ll love. (affiliate links present)
When I have my stuff together my family’s favorite meal are the best pork chops cooked in the oven. BUT when schedules get hectic I need something FAST.
I have had those moments way too often and have shared a slew of tips lately like how to cook frozen steak in an air fryer and so on. They’re lifesavers so nobody knows I had an “oopsie day” at all.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Have you looked into the fridge and noticed it was bare before? I’m sure it’s happened a time or two, or a dozen….. You thought you put your frozen pork in the fridge the night before but NOOooooo.
And then you find them still in the freezer stuck together and rock hard like this, right?? Yep, I’ve been there. That is why I needed to figure out how to cook frozen meat, and share it with you.
Whether you buy bone in or boneless pork chops it doesn’t affect the cook time too much. The thickness will vary it slightly of course but this will get you started.
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
We’re kinda obsessed with creating the best dry rub ever because they’re so versatile and make everything taste amazing. We have one for steak, chicken wings, a salmon dry rub, and now this one for pork.
The key to making this work if your meat isn’t damp is to cook it for just 5 minutes. Then open your basket, separate them if they’re stuck together with ice, and sprinkle on your seasonings.
Don’t want to bother with this step? NO problem, just sprinkle on salt and pepper instead. I suggest you try it though because it takes them from good to WOW.
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops
The reason this works so well is that your basket has holes at the bottom. As the meat defrosts it will emit some water which you really don’t want them to sit in. If they were on a sheet pan this would be an issue.
With it draining away you can still get a bit of crisp on the outside while getting juicy pork chops in the center which is what you’ll want.
How long do you cook frozen pork chops?
That depends on what method you’re using. In the oven they take upwards of 40 minutes. In a Ninja Foodi, Cosori or any other brand of air fryer it’s closer to 20.
Is it okay to cook frozen pork chops?
Yes, we will show you how to do just that with your hot air machine. The key whether they’re frozen or defrosted is to cook until they reach a safe internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Can I cook frozen pork chops in AirFryer?
Yep, that is what we’re going to share with you here. If you do not have time to thaw them out you can heat them initially, add seasonings, then cook them thoroughly in less than 20 minutes total.
- Frozen chops
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder and onion powder
- Salt and pepper
Cayenne pepper is optional for a bit of heat. A bit is nice to get a savory and sweet taste.
As I said, time will vary slightly depending on how thick your pieces are. No matter what I never buy thick cuts of meat.
It is hard to get them done properly in the center without drying them out a bit. Choose middle of the road as far as that goes.
Time needed: 18 minutes.
Frozen Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Pork dry rub
Mix together all of your dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes. Then spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Lay frozen chops inside.
Now cook at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. Open your basket and separate pieces if they are stuck together. Spray meat with olive oil spray and sprinkle dry rub on the top.
Close basket and cook pork chops at 380 F for 13 to 15 minutes or until middle is no longer pink. (after 7 minutes can flip and sprinkle more dry rub on other side if desired)
This timing will vary depending on thickness of meat and if you have bone in or not, these were boneless.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing to maintain juiciness. You want to do this with any pork chop recipe to maintain it’s juiciness. If your meat is defrosted, try our air fryer pork chops or pork steak in air fryer recipes. Add the bacon too y’all!
When these babies are air fried they’ll get a really nice texture on the outside. NO need to deep fry pork chops to get it crispy anymore.
You may never bake or grill them again after this. We’ve done so many things in this little kitchen appliance. Others to try too are;
- Air fryer pork loin, oh yes that is possible too! If you want to know how to cook Instant Pot frozen pork roast that turns out amazing as well.
- You can even make frozen salmon in air fryer if you want seafood some night.
- Of course you should try bacon in the air fryer for breakfast sometime too.
- You can even make an air fryer ham for the holidays if there are only a few of you at home.
You can print recipe below and keep it on hand for another day too…or just come back!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- MIx together dry rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray, lay frozen chops inside. Cook at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Open basket and separate them if they are stuck together. Spray meat with olive oil spray and sprinkle dry rub on the top.
- Close basket and continue cooking at 380 F for 13-15 minutes or until middle is no longer pink. (timing will vary depending on thickness of meat and if you have bone in or not, these were boneless) Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing to maintain juiciness.