Frozen salmon in air fryer is so easy! From rock hard to flaky and tender in no time you should try fish in a Ninja Foodi or other brand.
Frozen salmon in air fryer turns out to be a great meal! Even if you’ve forgotten to defrost dinner you can still cook it to tender and flaky. Just one kitchen hack on our easy air fryer recipes page you’ll love. (affiliate links present)
OH how we do love cooking air fryer fish! Whether you remember to thaw it out the night before or have forgetful moments like me it will always be a success.
We first made Instant Pot frozen salmon in our pressure cooker but I will admit this may be my favorite. You get that tenderness inside but a bit of a crisp on the edges this way. I swear I use this thing on a daily basis!
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
I’m sure you’ve done this before…. You buy a bag at the grocery store from the freezer section and intend on making it the next day. Then 4:00 rolls around and you remember “OH NO” I never put it into the fridge!
NO worries now my friends. Even if it is rock hard this magical machine can essentially thaw it out quickly and have it fork tender for you in no time at all.
To add flavor a marinade of sorts was made. We love our salmon dry rub but one with a bit of liquid is better to keep it moist though. If you had your own mixture that you love you could use that instead.
How to cook frozen salmon in air fryer?
Well that is what we’re here to help you with folks. 😉 Once you brush on this garlicy mixture on top you’ll want to spray your basket so it doesn’t stick. Then cook for about 10 minutes until flaky in the middle.
There is a range to the air fryer cook times though of course. The thickness of your fillet will vary obviously. Try to put the same size pieces in at a time. If some are thin and others aren’t then a few will be overcooked, yuck.
The worst to me is gray fish. I would rather have it slightly underdone than dry and tasteless so I check frequently at the end until it is just right. One extra minute will make it go from good to cooked too much so stay close.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Salmon
It doesn’t matter what brand of machine you use, they all work basically the same way. If you want to use the easy butter smear you see here, this is what you’re going to need to have handy….
- Frozen salmon fillets or of course you could just cook one at a time if need be.
- Butter should be melted but not completely liquified if you know what I mean.
- Brown sugar will give this a bit of sweetness. I tell you, savory and sweet is killer y’all.
- Garlic you can either chop really finely yourself or just do what I do and buy it in a jar. I buy this stuff in huge containers my friends, use it on everything.
- Salt and pepper
You’ll add the last one to taste of course. I like to add a tad and then re-season after it is cooked because you can’t take off too much right?
Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Fillet
I wouldn’t flip it over or else it will start to break all apart. The holes on the bottom will heat it all the way around each piece perfectly.
Nope! You can cook it just as well as white fillets of air fryer frozen fish in just a few minutes. You probably won’t even know the difference. Just about 10 minutes does the trick.
Is frozen salmon still good for you?
It doesn’t make a difference, so that is great to know right? The vitamins, minerals and Omega 3s stay in tact whether it is rock solid or defrosted when cooked. It’s one of the healthiest foods you could ever eat really.
What is a good side dish with salmon?
- Perfectly cooked quinoa or an air fryer artichoke are some of our faves.
- Air fryer corn on the cob
- I have even made air fryer beets to get my kids to try something new and they actually liked them!
Did you remember to thaw your fresh salmon out?? We have instructions for that too with a dry rub. Follow our air fryer salmon recipe here for those steps. See which one you like best, or even if you sense a difference between the two.
Here are brief instructions but more detailed and amount of ingredients is below in printable recipe card:
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Put frozen fillets inside basket without overlapping your pieces.
In a small bowl mix melted butter (you could use olive oil instead), brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper and parsley together.
Brush this mixture on top of each piece, then squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of each.
Close basket and air fry at 360 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cooked fish should easily flake apart with a fork in the thickest part when done.
Like I said before, cooking the salmon will have slight variations in time depending on how thick it is. Test the biggest piece before removing from the basket and serving.
This is how to cook frozen salmon in the oven if you need instructions for that as well.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Put frozen fillets inside basket without overlapping them.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley together.
- Brush this mixture on top of each piece, then squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of each.
- Close basket and air fry at 360 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until fish easily flakes apart with a fork in the center, thickest part. * Timing will vary slightly depending on how thick your pieces are. Try to put the same thicknesses in at a time.