Best air fryer fish recipe with no breading is here. Lightly seasoned fillets are a healthy, keto and low carb dinner. Cooked fork tender in just a few minutes.
Have you given air fryer fish a whirl yet?? It’s pretty much a game changer for us. Whether you’re making salmon, tilapia or cod it’s going to come out perfect every time. Easy air fryer recipe to the rescue. (affiliate links present)
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Fish in Air Fryer
You really don’t need much. This time we didn’t use any breading at all. Below I will share with you how to use a light layer of bread crumbs too. These are the ingredients you will need for this version:
- Fish fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- could use olive oil instead, but salted butter is so much better
Seasonings are really up to you. If you put garlic salt or garlic powder on everything, then by all means use that. This is just a suggestion as far as that goes.
If you like a bit of tartar sauce you can make a bit of that to serve on the side too. It’s a must when we are making air fryer fish sticks for sure.
I guess another plus to this way of cooking seafood is if you or someone in your house is sensitive to the smell, it will stay more contained. For us, all 5 in this house are kinda’ obsessed with anything out of the sea.
Whether it’s caught on a line out of the nearby river, or store bought it is always a winner for dinner.
- If you’re new and just testing out air fried foods you may just have the Instant Pot CrispLid.
- Yes you could use this to make air fried fish.
- It is a great way to start but I do recommend getting a separate unit if you start using it a lot.
- Having a designated, contained air fryer basket just gets everything crispier.
Air Fryer Cod
These pictures feature cod filets. Any white fish would be fairly similar when it comes to the 12 minute cooking time. The biggest difference is how thick they are. I suggest medium sizes, not too thick.
Time needed: 12 minutes.
Air Fryer Fish
First, preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Add ingredients
Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Lay fillets inside, do not overlap them. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, lay slice of butter on top with lemon slice on very top.
Cook for 10-13 minutes, timing will depend on how thick they are. Check at minute 10 if thinner and see if you want another minute or two more. Should be flaky with a fork.
Serve with air fryer french fries to serve as air fryer fish and chips. With a side of ketchup and tartar sauce, it is a quick and easy meal everyone in your household will really love.
Remember, your pieces will shrink. Each one is quite high in protein though so unlike a burger or pasta you won’t need a huge serving for each person. Typically 1/2 lb. uncooked weight is good per person.
Air Fryer Fish and Chips
Remember, you’re probably going to serve this with other items on the side too. You can go comfort food style with fries, or sweet potato chips too. Make it fun if you do by using hot dog baskets or thick paper as cones.
We will share a few other side dishes below too. Mix it up and figure out which are your all time favorites.
We will show you how to do just that right here!! Whether you have frozen fillets, fresh, or frozen fish sticks we have directions for them all here!
In just 12 minutes you’ll have tender flaky fish in an air fryer everyone is sure to enjoy.
Absolutely!! We have made cod in air fryer, tilapia and air fryer salmon too. Some with light breading and this one with no breading so it’s a low carb keto meal idea.
For sure. It eliminates the need to deep fry foods in oil which decreases the overall fat and calorie content. You still get that nice crispy outside you love in a healthier way.
If you ask us it is for sure! Throw in some air fryer frozen french fries before you cook your air fryer fish and it will be done in under 30 minutes total.
Want to add a bit of light breading on the outside now? It is a nice change to add a bit of flavor and texture. You can use Italian breadcrumbs, or Dot’s pretzel crumble on the outside for a TON of over the top flavors.
Air Fryer Fish Fillet
- Air fryer cauliflower florets are super healthy with just some olive oil and seasoning. NO breading and no need for it either I swear.
- If you haven’t made air fryer corn yet it is truly a game changer. You will never ever boil water to make this vegetable again.
Here are a few Instant Pot fish recipes you can try as well. They’re great, tender, and flavorful without any crispiness on the outside.
Air Fryer Fish
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Lay fillets inside, do not overlap them.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper, lay slice of butter on top with lemon slice on very top.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes, timing will depend on how thick they are. Check at minute 10 if thinner and see if you want another minute or two more. Should be flaky with a fork.