Tender frozen chicken breast in air fryer is so easy to make! Great hack if you forget to defrost your chicken but dinner is just minutes away.
Want to make air fryer chicken breast with no breading but forgot to defrost it?? We’ll show you how to make tender frozen chicken breast in air fryer so dinner isn’t ruined!
Here are a few resources to start with:
- We have both a Ninja Foodi and this electric air fryer
- You can grab a recipe book here. 😉
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
We shared how to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot but now it’s time to use our other favorite appliance!
Yes this is a healthy air fryer recipe, so if you’re following a keto or low fat diet this will be great. We didn’t use any bread crumbs this time to keep the calories down, and if they’re rock hard nothing is going to stick anyway.
- If you’re looking for something more like air fry chicken with a coating follow this recipe, or the one for homemade breaded chicken tenders.
BUT this basic chicken in the air fryer recipe is great for everyone, even my 11 year old loves it.
- We’re using medium to large chicken breasts found in a bag in your local grocery store freezer. Timing is set for the size and thickness you see here, it may vary slightly depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
Let’s start with putting 2 into your air fryer basket. Then you’ll want to sprinkle with seasonings like garlic powder and anything else you’d normally use.
Ingredients you’ll need to make frozen chicken breast in air fryer:
- Bag of frozen chicken breasts – 2 at a time fit comfortably
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
This is what we sprinkled on before we began to cook the chicken. Add any other dry seasonings you’d like as well.
Steps to follow:
I like to preheat the air fryer but I will admit I don’t always remember to. If you forget don’t worry, the cooking time won’t change a lot. Ideally I do because it creates more of a deep frying crisp on the outsides of my food.
- Now place your frozen chicken into your basket
- Add your seasonings
- Close your basket and set to 360 degrees for 15 minutes
- if your meat is on the smaller side I would set for 12 minutes and check
- always ensure internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees to be safe
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing to maintain juiciness and enjoy!
Looking for other Ninja Foodi recipes (or any other air fryer brand you own)
- Try our air fryer stuffed chicken breast tonight!
- Meatballs in an air fryer are easy and another keto low carb meal
- Our air fryer wings recipe gets RAVING reviews with it’s dry rub and crispy skin.
What goes well with chicken?
- Air fryer broccoli is a great side dish
- As well as our air fryer cauliflower
- Or these fluffy air fryer baked potatoes
Hopefully we answered your question of can you cook frozen meat in an air fryer?
- It comes out tender and juicy too if you follow the instructions below.
- Next will be frozen chicken wings which we’ve done in an Instant Pot, but will attempt in our air fryer this week and share.
Frozen Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
- 2 large chicken breasts frozen, boneless skinless is what was used
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp parsley flakes
- Put frozen chicken breasts in your air fryer basket. Sprinkle ingredients on top evenly between the two of them.
- Close and cook at 360 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove and check to ensure they are done (some are thicker than others so may need additional time). Allow to sit for 5 minutes to maintain juices before slicing them.