This quick and easy air fryer stuffed chicken breast wrapped with bacon and a cream cheese center are amazing for dinner! Make these in your Ninja Foodi or any other brand tonight and enjoy!
The thought of air fryer stuffed chicken breast just makes my mouth water thinking about them. Well, anything with bacon and cream cheese is just amazing, and the idea of frying it without any oil is a game changer too. If you too love easy air fryer recipes you’re going to drool over these chicken breasts. (originally published 7/19, affiliate links present)
Ok so I am obsessed with my Ninja Foodi at the moment, though I do have 2 other electric air fryers and any brand will do. 😉
Honestly I rotate according to whichever is clean or happens to be on my countertop at the time.
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
You can make regular air fryer fried chicken breasts but stuffing them with cream cheese and wrapping the bacon around it just makes them go from great to out of this world.
If you don’t like heat at all just leave the jalapenos out entirely. Remember that the seeds are what will really get your mouth on fire. So if you want something more medium then just ensure those are all out.
Dice finely instead of leaving whole and give that a whirl too.
These are the ingredients you need to make air fryer stuffed chicken breast
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Bacon – I prefer that they’re NOT thick slices
- Meat tenderizer
- Plastic wrap
- Toothpicks may be needed to secure bacon
Cooked in the air fryer basket of your machine the cooking time is short at just 20 minutes!
Of course always use a meat thermometer and remove toothpicks before putting dinner on the table. I’m telling you, golden brown air fried chicken is the bomb!
If you’ve never tenderized chicken it is quite easy.
- You just use a sharp knife to butterfly the chicken breasts in half lengthwise
- Put it flat in between plastic wrap
- Use mallet to hit it so it’s flatter
- This helps make the meat more tender, you’ll get juicy chicken every time
How do you tenderize chicken breast without a mallet?
Slice and put in between plastic wrap or inside a freezer bag sealed, then:
- Roll over with a rolling pin
- Hit it with the back of a saucepan or cast iron skillet
- Roll on top with a can of tomatoes
- Smash inside a cookbook or tortilla press
Then you’re going to season your meat with salt and pepper.
Now mix your room temperature cream cheese, cheese and cumin in a bowl until smooth.
Jalapenos need to be prepared at this time. It is the same process as preparing stuffed jalapenos, but this time you’re going to use the whole thing and put it inside your chicken.
Should you seed jalapenos?
- Generally smaller and brighter peppers are hotter
- You need to decide if you want the seeds or not, meaning how much heat are you prepared for?
The seeds and inner membranes hold the most heat so the more of those you remove will adjust the heat level down.
Once you’ve removed all the inners you want you’re going to spoon your cream cheese mixture inside of both halves, then put them back together.
- Now slide them into the middle of your flattened chicken breast and roll it up so it is like a little package.
The bacon wrapped outside comes next. I prefer Hickory smoked regular slices as opposed to thick slices.
Thicker ones are tough to wrap around well, and sometimes don’t get as crispy. Use toothpicks to secure if necessary.
Stuffed Chicken Air Fryer
Now it’s time to put your stuffed chicken breasts in the air fryer basket! Do not overlap them for optimal results.
- Cook at 340 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts.
- When done ensure the inside of the chicken is at 165 degrees for safety.
- an instant read thermometer is convenient to have for this
If you want an EXTRA crispy outside spray some olive oil on the top and raise temp. to 400 degrees for the last few minutes.
- Allow them to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing to maintain juiciness.
Printable instructions to make bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts is below.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Stuffed Chicken
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Slice chicken breasts in half so they are thinner, then put half under plastic wrap and pound to 1/8" thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix together softened cream cheese, jack cheese and cumin.
- Remove stems from jalapenos, cut each one in half and remove all seeds and membranes.
- Stuff inside of each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture, then put halves back together.
- Put one jalapeno inside each chicken breast and fold chicken around it.
- Wrap 2-3 slices of bacon around the chicken, securing with toothpicks. Put inside your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 340 degrees for 20-25 minutes flipping halfway through, timing depends on thickness of chicken.
- When golden brown check internal temp. once chicken is removed to ensure it is at 165 degrees.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and/or serving. Remove toothpicks before serving.