Frozen chicken patties in air fryer come out so tender on the inside with a crispy outer layer. One of our favorite things for dinner on a bun.
Frozen chicken patties in air fryer come out perfectly!! If you’re looking for a few easy air fryer recipes we have them here on The Typical Mom blog. Let us know what you think! (affiliate links present)
Doesn’t this look delicious??!! Dressed up with some mayo, lettuce and tomato and you have a family friendly meal everyone will love.
Have little ones? Dice the patty into “nuggets” with some ketchup instead. OR make a frozen turkey burger in air fryer. 🙂
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
This is the Cosori version I love because it has a nice large square basket. Round is no good. The most important thing to remember with these, and anything else you want crispy really is to not overlap them.
In order to get the outsides super crunchy the hot air needs to be able to circulate around the food in order to work properly. Depending on their size, 2-4 will fit at a time.
- The brand we used was Tyson but there are several others out there, plus probably a store brand.
The larger and/or thicker they are than this the air fry timing may vary a bit. Thinner and smaller will obviously take less cooking time to achieve perfect golden brown color.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties
- Frozen patties – this is what was used here, there are many brands out there.
How do you dress up a chicken burger?
There are TONS of things you can put on top. To start with you need a great bun. It is so worth it to spend a few cents more to get some from the bakery section like you see here.
I will actually say my favorite are pretzel buns if I can find them, here are a few other ideas if you’re making a burger bar:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Leaves of lettuce
- Pickle slices
The ideas are endless as to what you can load it up with really, depends on your preference.
Before you begin you might have a few questions you need answered, let me help:
The general timing is about 14 minutes give or take a few if you’re using a different brand or size than we did. I always suggest flipping halfway thru but if you don’t they’ll still be better than microwaving.
Yes, we’re here to show you how to do that here. Similar to air fryer frozen chicken tenders they come out with tender meat inside but a crunchy outer layer you’ll love.
Our favorite way to make them.
That is the brand we used here and are most commonly found in stores. Just 14 minutes total will create the best texture on the outside with warm meat inside. Dress with mayo on buns and OH Wow!
Another winner of a dinner is to cook air fryer frozen chicken breasts. Those are great too. Straight out of the bag and perfectly moist in minutes, we use these often.
Chicken Burger Patties
I like a bunch of other things on top so it isn’t dry. Ketchup isn’t all you can dress a chicken burger up with for sure. My favorites are:
Time needed: 14 minutes.
Frozen Chicken Patties in Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes. Place frozen patties in basket without overlapping.
Cook for 14 minutes or until they’re as brown on the outside as you’d like but this timing worked well for us. Put on a bun and dress however you’d like, enjoy.
Frozen Chicken Patties in Air Fryer
- 4 chicken patties frozen
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes.
- Place frozen patties in basket without overlapping. Cook for 14 minutes or until they're as brown on the outside as you'd like but this timing worked well for us.
- Put on a bun and dress however you'd like, enjoy.