How long to cook frozen hamburger in an air fryer so it’s juicy! If you forgot to defrost ground beef for dinner, don’t fret we’ve got you covered here.
Knowing how long to cook frozen hamburger in an air fryer comes in handy when you’re in a pinch. I am sure I’m not the only one who forgets to defrost dinner from time to time. Find this and many more air fryer recipes here! (affiliate links present)
How to make air fryer frozen hamburgers
Top with the best caramelized onions and they’ll be your favorite meal ever. This will save the day if you’re having a forgetful day and don’t remember to defrost meat for dinner. Cooking frozen meat has never been easier.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Frozen hamburgers in air fryer
Yes I’m forgetful BUT I like for all 5 of us to eat together each night. Okay, that doesn’t always happen but it’s the goal right??!!
Totally! From rock hard to tender and juicy in just about 15 minutes. It is a great dinner idea when you forgot to defrost your meat.
You can cook Instant Pot hamburgers too if they’re defrosted.
You’ll need to break it up and not put it in in one big pound chunk. This will ensure the meat is cooked all the way through and not just on the outside.
This is really all you need. As far as toppings are concerned the sky is the limit with burgers.
Air Fryer Burgers from Frozen Patties
Let’s start with a few basics shall we?
How long does frozen hamburger last?
The USDA recommends throwing away uncooked roasts, steaks, and chops after a year in the freezer. Uncooked frozen ground beef should be discarded after just 4 months.
- Frozen cooked meat should be thrown out after 3 months. You can read how to cook frozen burgers in the oven too.
How can you tell if frozen ground beef is bad?
If you’re not sure whether your hamburger is still good, smell it. If the meat smells unpleasant, it’s probably bad and you should throw it out. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Nobody wants the stomach yucks.
- If it seems okay use your fingers to test the texture. Meat that has turned bad will feel sticky, tacky, or slimy and should be thrown out too.
How do you freeze raw hamburger patties?
I like this method where I form them into patties from a large chunk (it’s cheaper bought that way) and put them in between two pieces of press n seal.
I usually put 4 in one “batch” because that is how many we’d eat in one meal. Lay them flat inside your freezer drawer and then take one out when you’re ready cook frozen hamburger in the air fryer.
This is what you’ll need to cook a frozen burger in the air fryer:
- Hamburger patties – ours are usually 1/4 lb. each
- or frozen turkey burger in air fryer would work the same way
- Air fryer basket
If you wanted to brush a bit of bbq sauce on top of each patty when you flip them over after 10 minutes.
Frozen Hamburgers in Ninja Foodi
Frozen Hamburger Air Fryer
These are the steps you’ll take to make air fryer frozen burger patties, so they cook properly.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. for 5 minutes.
Place patties inside basket. Close drawer and set to 360 degrees for 10 minutes.
Flip each one over at this time and continue with another 4 minutes and then check internal temp. Cooking time timing will vary from 15 to 20 minutes total depending on whether you want medium rare (closer to 14 minutes) or well done.
- Check temp
Check internal meat temperature inside middle of cooked hamburger to determine whether they’re done to your liking or not. It is recommended to cook burgers to an internal temperature of 160F
At this temp. it will probably not have any pink in the center
At what temperature are hamburgers done?
If air fried until cooked to 140 degrees F in the middle, it will be closer to medium rare
Finish cooking frozen hamburger patties until they are the right “doneness” for you. 160 is generally where you want it to be. This is the case no matter how you cook them, even if grilling frozen burgers!
Ninja Foodi Burgers
- Here’s our smoked burger recipe
- Hamburger casserole is fantastic
- Crockpot hamburger helper is a kid fave
- Our Instant Pot chili uses ground beef too
- This is how to cook Instant Pot frozen ground beef too
If you have fresh ground beef, you can make air fryer hamburgers that aren’t frozen too! They come out juicy and perfect every time quickly. Air fryer frozen chicken patties are wonderful too.
- Set to 375 degrees for 4 minutes per side!
Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer
Printable recipe with nutritional information including total fat and calories is below. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air fryer frozen hamburgers
How Long to Cook Frozen Hamburger in an Air Fryer
- 1 lb ground beef made into 4 hamburger patties, frozen, 1/4 lb. each
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees for 5 minutes
- Put frozen hamburger patties inside basket and close.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then flip over and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes depending on how well done you like the insides. You can check the temp. or slice in the middle to check. Cook longer if you want it more well done.
- You can also brush on some bbq sauce on the top once you flip it over to give it extra flavor.
- ** If cooking fresh defrosted hamburgers, cook at 375 degrees for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and load up the toppings on your bun.