This is how to cook frozen burgers in the oven without defrosting them! Moist and delicious ground beef or turkey patties oven baked.
Wondering how to cook frozen burgers in the oven? We have directions for you here. If you only have frozen ground beef on hand you can still save dinner. Cooking frozen meat this way will still come out tender and delicious baked in an oven instead of the grill. Sheet pan hamburgers are so quick and easy. (affiliate links present)
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers in the Oven
You would follow the same directions and timing below for either ground beef or turkey. The biggest variation will be if yours are much thicker than mine, see above.
Other than that it should remain the same. Want cheese on top? Just add it 1-2 minutes before time is up so it can melt and get ooey gooey.
Cheeseburgers are our favorite with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Of course you’ll want to have your favorite toppings available once these are done too. Fluffy buns, tomato slices, lettuce, mustard and ketchup are a given. I implore you to add slices of pickles and even some potato chips inside too though!!
Let me show you how easy this is to do y’all…..
How to Cook Frozen Hamburger Patties in the Oven
We first shared the best frozen foods in air fryer earlier this year and that was a hit. In fact, all of my tips on how to cook frozen food are very popular, mostly our Instant Pot frozen roast recipe. Seriously, if you haven’t tried that you are missing out. You’d never know it was rock hard a few hours beforehand.
You will need two pieces of “equipment” to get this done. You most likely have both of these in your cupboard already.
- You’ll want a baking sheet with foil wrapped on the top for easier cleanup later.
- Laying a wire rack on top of that will allow the grease to drip away from the meat so it can get a bit crispy on the outside.
- Choose your favorite brand of hamburgers straight out of the freezer.
- Salt and pepper sprinkled on both sides as it bakes will add some flavor.
That is literally it. You just preheat your oven, pop these in as you see here and add cheese at the end if you want.
Taste wise you most likely will never know the difference. The biggest difference between the two is fresh spoils rather quickly and the other will last for months safely in your freezer. Whether defrosted or cooked from frozen like we explain here you can get tender protein either way.
There is detailed instructions provided below in the printable recipe card. I want to quickly explain how simple this is to make here though first. Once you do this you may never worry about dinnertime again. We’re all forgetful at times and cooking meat from frozen has been a game changer for me.
- First preheat oven to 420 degrees. Wrap the top of your baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay a wire rack on top. Place as many frozen turkey or beef patty burgers on top without overlapping.
- Sprinkle frozen burger patties with salt and pepper. Bake on middle oven rack for about 15 minutes (timing will vary with thickness and how well done you want them).
- Open oven and flip each one over on to the other side.
- Continue baking frozen hamburger patties for 10 minutes cooking time. Use meat thermometer to see if they’ve reached 160 in the center.
- If you want to add cheese add 1 slice on each now and bake for 1 minute to melt. Remove, season again and serve on buns.
Cooking Frozen Burgers
How to Cook Frozen Burgers on the Stove
You will want a bit of water for this method. At first you’ll want to steam them essentially with a lid on and enough liquid to just cover the bottom of the pan.
Over medium high heat cook covered until the middle is no longer raw. Then remove lid and flip burgers over. Cook until water evaporates and until both sides are browned.
Want to cook Instant Pot frozen ground beef? This works well if you just want to use the cooked hamburger in a casserole after that, not necessarily for patties.
Frozen Hamburgers in Air Fryer are possible too. It works similarly to the oven because there are small holes in the air fryer basket so the grease can drain away. Cooking burgers this way is great if you don’t want to heat up your whole house. We do the same thing for quick meals like air fryer frozen chicken patties and more.
All of these methods take less than 30 minutes time. Whether you make hamburgers in the oven, smoke hamburgers or grill on your barbecue you’ll have a protein packed meal everyone will love.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
How to Cook Frozen Burgers in the Oven
- 4-8 hamburgers frozen patties
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F. Wrap top of baking sheet with foil and lay a wire rack on top. Place as many frozen burgers on top without overlapping as you want.
- Sprinkle all with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Open oven and flip each one over on to the other side.
- Continue baking for another 10 minutes. If you want to add cheese add 1 slice on each now and bake for 1 minute to melt. Remove, sprinkle with salt and pepper again and serve on buns.