How to cook frozen bacon in the oven, stovetop or air fryer is here. Easy way to cook meat from frozen to get it crispy and cooked thru. Quick breakfast idea you’ll love.
In a pinch and wondering how to cook frozen bacon? We have an easy kitchen hack of cooking frozen meat to get it cooked thru and crispy crunchy all over. Less grease too baking it in the oven where it drips away as it cooks. Best way to make sheet pan bacon ever. (affiliate links present, originally published 2/22)
How to cook turkey bacon in the oven
If your slab is frozen you will follow the same cook time as listed below in the printable recipe card. If it is defrosted it will take a much shorter time but I’d set to the same temperature. Whether pig or turkey this is the best way to cook bacon you’ll ever try.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Cooking thick bacon in the oven
This may take an extra minute or two. If you choose the “regular” style I’d check for doneness at minute 20 and add from there. That best way to get the meat to be tender AND the outside to be crispy golden brown is to NOT overlap the pieces Let me say we cook a lot of this stuff and I’ve spent time perfecting it soo……..
How to Cook Bacon From Frozen
This is vital to oven baked bacon as you don’t want them to overlap or else the pieces underneath won’t get browned. Same goes for making air fryer candied bacon, separate is key. Now you need a way to keep them off of the baking sheet. Why??? This way all sides will get crispy AND the grease will drain away from the meat!
You could call this a wire rack, or cooling rack. I use them for both. When I bake cookies I put them on these so they can cool nicely without staying and overcooking on the cookie sheet. That is really the gist of things. I mean how easy can that really be?
Can you cook bacon from frozen?
Yes and no. It is necessary to first separate the pieces. The most effective method for this is to 1. unwrap the package 2. set the chunk on a microwave safe plate and heat for 1 minute. Flip it over halfway thru and this should allow you to pull or use a knife to separate them.
If you want a really easy cleanup spray the rack with non stick spray and then throw it into your dishwasher when done. It’s a pain scrubbing these things no matter what you cook or cool on them. I use my Bosch for everything that allows it to be thrown in there.
If cooking bacon in the oven you will follow these basic directions. I have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post too though so you can keep them handy.
How to Defrost Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and wire rack goes on the top.
- Thawing frozen bacon is easy; Unwrap and place bacon in the microwave for 30 seconds, flip the bacon over, and again cook for 30 seconds. You should be able to separate the bacon pieces easily now with a knife.
- Alternatively to thaw bacon enough you could use defrost setting, defrost bacon in the fridge for a few hours, just enough to pull the pieces apart, or put package for about 20 minutes into cold water until softened.
- Lay separated slices of bacon on rack and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes. Timing will depend on how crispy you want it and how thick your slices are.
- If using a frying pan start cooking on low heat until it’s warmed, then turn up to get it crispier.
If using a pan have a paper towel lined plate available since the grease won’t drain away that way. Remove and serve with egg bites or crumble and add into your Crockpot breakfast casserole for the morning!
Click the link above to follow those directions, it turns out great. We love pig so much we buy it online in bulk. This helps with the number of times I have to go to the store, and when you find great deals I can really load up and store for later.
You can certainly cook bacon in the air fryer from defrosted this way. If it is rock hard you could follow the microwave directions same as below. Add a few more minutes if it isn’t defrosted but check often. One minute too long can be the death of your slices of pig and that would be tragic.
You can then pop in some sausage links in air fryer and have a meat lovers paradise to start the day. Those are just a few of our favorite air fryer breakfast recipes we have shared over the years on the blog.
How to Cook Frozen Bacon From Frozen
If you only want to use half of your package. Defrost using microwave method, just enough to separate. Store rest of uncooked bacon in a freezer bag and put it into the fridge to defrost the rest of the way throughout the day.
To store leftovers you should wrap in tinfoil to keep whole, or better yet crumble and there you have homemade bacon bits. I use this stuff for everything. Whether it be inside our breakfast bundt cake or tossed into Instant Pot bacon ranch potatoes, fresh is always best.
Give it a whirl, sheet pan recipes are great.
You can throw lots of things on it and make a complete meal or just one item you crave like this and make it quickly for an entire crowd. It’s. That. Easy. Y’all….. 😉
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
How to Cook Frozen Bacon
- 1 lb bacon slices, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with foil and place wire rack on top.
- Unwrap bacon and put on a plate. Put into microwave for 30 seconds, flip over, and again cook for 30 seconds. You should be able to separate pieces easily now with a knife.
- Lay separated pieces on wire rack and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Timing will depend on how crispy you want it and how thick your slices are.