These easy Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes are an amazing side dish for your family meal, or for the holidays next to your ham or turkey for sure!
Don’t these Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes look yummy??!! Filled with real bacon bits, ranch seasoning and ooey gooey cheeses it’s a must for any get together, especially during the holidays. It’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. Sponsored by Washington State Potato Commission. (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Potatoes
You can make this as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe or in a Crockpot Express too. All pressure cookers basically work the same.
We have made slow cooker cheesy potatoes for years now and they are fabulous don’t get me wrong. BUT when I want to make a quick potato side dish this one is the way to go y’all!
Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
My family loved these as a side dish with chicken the other night. My youngest said she could eat these every week if I made them. I always love creating new Instant Pot kids recipes we can all enjoy.
- We used both russet potatoes and red Washington potatoes to create this Instant Pot side dish.
Of course you could use one or the other but personally I like the different tastes, textures, and colors so I prefer to use both.
You could even add purple/blue potatoes for a pop of color which would be fun too!
Are you amazed at all the things this fancy multi cooker can do too? I can’t imagine dinnertime without it nowadays. A side dish like this one would take quite a while longer in the oven or on the stovetop but now you can pressure cook these Instant Pot diced potatoes in just 7 minutes!
Instant Pot potatoes
- Pressure cooker
- Russet potatoes
- Cheddar cheese
- I like using 1/3 – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese too
- Chicken broth – could use vegetable broth or water
- Bacon – cooked bacon, fresh or bagged
- Ranch dressing mix packet – if you cannot find the packet this is how to make homemade ranch dressing mix
- Chives – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
I top mine with a bit of added cheese on the top with some diced chives too.
Yes you can make mashed potatoes but I am telling you these are more fabulous and you don’t have to keep an eye on them.
Just add bacon, broth, cubed potatoes and cheese and it’s cooking time!
Press the manual or pressure cook buttons (depending on your model). If it doesn’t display high then press the pressure level button. Here’s more on how to use an Instant Pot.
There is no low pressure option, so high is on all the time. Quick release the pressure and carefully lift the lid. Sprinkle in cheeses and put lid on just so it melts.
Can add a bit of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste if you want even more flavor.
This is if you are cooking them whole: Put them on top of or inside of a steamer basket. Secure your pressure cooker lid and close the steam valve. Set to pressure cook high for 12 minutes.
Allow pressure to naturally release which typically takes 15-20 minutes.
Potatoes in Instant Pot
After you make these here are a few other potato recipe ideas
- Instant Pot potato salad
- Italian Instant Pot potatoes
- Cheesy Instant Pot scalloped potatoes or au gratin potatoes are another holiday favorite!
- Pressure cooker baked potatoes are always a winner. Use them as a side or stuff them with lots of toppings or make an entire meal out of them filled with Instant Pot chili!
Time needed: 7 minutes.
Cooking Potatoes in Instant Pot
Cube potatoes and shred cheese. You can cook fresh bacon but instead of doing that and cutting the bacon into diced bits I used bagged real bacon bits.
Add potatoes, broth, Ranch dressing powdered mix, and bacon into your electric pressure cooker. Set the Instant Pot, Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi to 7 minutes at high pressure.
Quick release the pressure and carefully open your lid. If you want to add cheese, sprinkle it on now. Put lid back on ajar to allow this to melt, then serve.
How long does it take to boil potatoes in an Instant Pot?
- First add about 2 cups of water into your inner pot.
- Then put a trivet or steamer basket inside and place potatoes on or inside.
- Close IP lid and steam valve
- Set to manual high pressure for 6-8-10 minutes for small-medium- or large potatoes
- Allow to naturally release steam
Everything has such a short cook time using this magical appliance that it’s hard not to use it during Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Not only that but it frees up your oven for the larger items like ham and/or turkey!
- Then again you can even cook a pressure cooker turkey, have you tried this yet??!!
For something a bit similar in your slow cooker, try Crockpot funeral potatoes recipe here.
Instant Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Wash potatoes. Leave the skin on and dice into approx. into 1″ pcs.
- Put them inside your Instant Pot and sprinkle your powdered ranch dressing mix on top of them. (alternatively to get them all really coated put potatoes and dry mix in a bowl and mix to coat and then add into your pressure cooker.)
- Sprinkle your bacon bits on top of that and pour your chicken broth over everything.
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 7 minutes. (timing may vary slightly depending on how large you cut your potatoes, keep them bite size)
- Do a quick release.
- Lift lid and sprinkle parmesan cheese, then grated cheese over your potatoes. Put lid back on for a few minutes so cheese can melt.
- Lift lid, gently stir and serve!!
There are endless possibilities when it comes to potatoes!