These easy Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes are an amazing side dish for your family meal, or for the holidays next to your ham or turkey for sure!
Don’t these Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes look yummy??!! I know….not only a great side dish but I have eaten this for lunch before too. 😉 Filled with real bacon bits, ranch seasoning and ooey gooey cheeses it’s a must for any get together and especially during the holidays. Our family loved them. It’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. Special thanks goes out to the Washington State Potato Commission for sponsoring this post so we could share our potato recipe with you. (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
Of course you could use one or the other but personally I like the different tastes, textures, and colors so I prefer to use both.
You could even add purple/blue potatoes for a pop of color which would be fun too!
Are you amazed at all the things this fancy multi cooker can do too? I can’t imagine dinnertime without it nowadays. A side dish like this one would take quite a while longer in the oven or on the stovetop but now you can pressure cook these Instant Pot cheesy potatoes in just 7 minutes!
I know, crazy right??!! Look at the end result!
This is what you’ll need to make our easy Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes side dish
- Pressure cooker
- If you have an Instant Pot I HIGHLY suggest getting this non stick pot
- Washington Potatoes
- Cheddar cheese
- I like using 1/3 – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese too
- Chicken broth – could use vegetable broth or water
- Bacon – cooked bacon, fresh or bagged
- Ranch dressing mix packet – if you cannot find the packet this is how to make homemade ranch dressing mix
- Chives – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
I top mine with a bit of added cheese on the top with some diced chives too.
Yes you can make mashed potatoes but I am telling you these are more fabulous and you don’t have to keep an eye on them. Just add bacon, broth, cubed potatoes and cheese and it’s cooking time!
Here are the basic steps to follow to make the best Instant Pot potatoes:
- Cube potatoes and shred cheese. You can cook fresh bacon but instead of doing that and cutting the bacon into diced bits I used bagged real bacon bits.
- Add potatoes, broth, Ranch dressing powdered mix, and bacon into your electric pressure cooker.
- Set the Instant Pot, Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi to 7 minutes at high pressure.
How do I set my Instant pot to high pressure?
Press the manual or pressure cook buttons (depending on your model). If it doesn’t display high then press the pressure level button. Here’s more on how to use an Instant Pot.
What is high pressure on Instant Pot Lux?
There is no low pressure option, so high is on all the time.
- Quick release the pressure and carefully lift the lid.
- Sprinkle in cheeses and put lid on just so it melts.
- Can add a bit of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste if you want even more flavor.
If you’re looking for easy Instant Pot potatoes these are great but we have more to choose from!
After you make these here are a few other potato recipe ideas
- Instant Pot potato salad
- Italian Instant Pot potatoes
- Cheesy Instant Pot scalloped potatoes or au gratin potatoes are another holiday favorite!
- Pressure cooker baked potatoes are always a winner. Use them as a side or stuff them with lots of toppings or make an entire meal out of them filled with Instant Pot chili!
Wondering how long does it take to steam potatoes in an Instant Pot?
Put them on top of or inside of a steamer basket. Secure your pressure cooker lid and close the steam valve. Set to pressure cook high for 12 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release which typically takes 15-20 minutes.
How long does it take to boil potatoes in an Instant Pot?
- First add about 2 cups of water into your inner pot.
- Then put a trivet or steamer basket inside and place potatoes on or inside.
- Close IP lid and steam valve
- Set to manual high pressure for 6-8-10 minutes for small-medium- or large potatoes
- Allow to naturally release steam
Everything has such a short cook time using this magical appliance that it’s hard not to use it during Christmas and Thanksgiving. Not only that but it frees up your oven for the larger items like ham and/or turkey!
- Then again you can even cook a pressure cooker turkey, have you tried this yet??!!
- For slow cooker cheesy potatoes we have a recipe for that too.
Here’s a video of how we made Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes, and our printable recipe for reference.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Instant Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Wash potatoes. Leave the skin on and dice into approx. into 1" pcs.
- Put them inside your Instant Pot and sprinkle your powdered ranch dressing mix on top of them. (alternatively to get them all really coated put potatoes and dry mix in a bowl and mix to coat and then add into your pressure cooker.)
- Sprinkle your bacon bits on top of that and pour your chicken broth over everything.
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 7 minutes. (timing may vary slightly depending on how large you cut your potatoes, keep them bite size)
- Do a quick release.
- Lift lid and sprinkle parmesan cheese, then grated cheese over your potatoes. Put lid back on for a few minutes so cheese can melt.
- Lift lid, gently stir and serve!!
There are endless possibilities when it comes to potatoes!