If you’re looking for an easy meal for two or your whole family these pressure cooker baked potatoes and stuffed chicken are a great duo!
This pressure cooker baked potatoes and stuffed chicken meal is perfect for busy days! Added to our list of 101+ easy Instant Pot recipes, I partnered with Carusele to participate in this sponsored post. (affiliate links present)
School is back in session and busy is probably an understatement if I were to describe your household right now huh??
No, I didn’t look into your window but I’m right there with you with 3 girls in 3 different schools.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
With band practice, mountain biking clubs, and gymnastics once a week, we all need a few go to meals in our pocket when things get chaotic.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
And they are!! Just 41 minutes in the oven and you’ll have a high protein, creamy filled chicken breast that all of us love.
Ok so they aren’t just for dinner….my husband and I (who work from home) will pop these in the oven for lunch too!
There’s 2 to each box so it is perfect when the kids are at school.
BUT…..when I’m making these Instant Pot baked potatoes and chicken I can have everything done in less than 45 minutes and we can head out to our next commitment.
- I love baked potatoes as a side dish because they’re inexpensive, I can find them anywhere, and well we do live in Idaho so there’s that…… 😉
What’s better is they last quite a long time on my countertop. Since my stuffed chicken breasts from Barber Foods are frozen I can have this complete meal on hand at any time.
On those days when I forgot to hit the store (that happens a lot), it’s a life saver.
Oh my freezer…..it’s a lifesaver I tell you. This is where I start making my pressure cooker baked potatoes and stuffed chicken. Here.
Ok, so we have 3. Yes, I am serious.
We have a deep freezer in the garage, one for drinks, and another for stocking up! This pull-out drawer inside the house is great for grab and go meals.
This is probably my favorite one…….
Barber Foods Signature Recipe Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are so yummy!! I mean they are all good but if I HAD to choose just one I’d choose this one.
Then pick up your potatoes (medium size is best) and you’re set. It’s that easy!
- After you make these try our Instant Pot sweet potato casserole too!
This is what you need to make pressure cooker baked potatoes and our finished tater below that.
- Potatoes – I used russet
- Trivet – I like this one with handles
I like using sea salt that is a bit larger than table salt. It sticks well and when done gives you that restaurant texture and taste.
Ways to cook baked potatoes
Best way to make baked potatoes in the oven – so the skins are crispy, insides are fluffy
- Smoked baked potatoes – the taste of these is amazing
- Crockpot baked potatoes are great if you’re gone for the day
- And here are several other potato recipe ideas – because we just can’t get enough potatoes!!
If you want air fryer baked potatoes we have those too.
- We’ve cooked Ninja Foodi french fries in our air fryer too which were a wonderful side dish.
Pressure cooker baked potatoes
Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes we used brown Idaho potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 c water
- Wash and then pierce potatoes with a fork all the way around each potato. Rub salt on the outside of the skins
- Put a trivet inside your pressure cooker with 1.5 c. water, make sure water doesn’t touch trivet itself (don’t want potatoes touching water)
- Place 4-5 potatoes inside your pressure cooker.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 15 minutes. (note, time will vary according to how large your potatoes are but I have found for medium size baking potatoes 15 minutes gets the middle done and insides tender).
- Allow to naturally release pressure for at least 5 minutes, release rest of pressure. Use a fork to pierce to ensure middle of potato is done. If not, put back and set for additional 5 minutes if needed. Enjoy!