Ninja Foodi french fries are easy to make in your new air fryer and pressure cooker machine! Healthy and homemade potato wedges done in no time for dinner.
Ok so I am loving my new air fryer and pressure cooker! Have you seen this??!! This 3 in 1 cooker has the ability to do it all and get dinner on the table in no time at all…and crisp it before it gets there too. We will begin with this easy Ninja Foodi french fries recipe because well, everyone loves anything potato (especially here in Idaho). 😉 This and more are now on our Ninja Foodi recipes page.
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got (there is a 2nd lid not seen here, yes there are 2 different lids so it can do it all).
- You can grab a free recipe book too here, you’re welcome. 😉
You know me…I wouldn’t recommend anything I wasn’t totally in love with and I am telling you this machine will change the way you cook meals for good.
I will tell you that this new stainless steel electric pressure cooker is a game changer, let’s start with our first Ninja Foodi french fries recipe shall we!!
Ok enough of me convincing you because you may have already jumped on the new Ninja machine train and have one sitting in front of you. So here was our first creation in the best air fryer we’ve used thus far. (yes we have tried others)
This is what you’ll need to make Ninja Foodi french fries that are crispy, homemade, and NOT fried!
- Potatoes – let’s go with russet shall we (skins on which make them even healthier – let’s hear it for fiber – and sliced pretty thin as you see here)
- Olive oil – again, healthier than vegetable oil – we considered using avocado oil too but will try that next time
- The pot has a ceramic coating which is great but for this you’re going to use the air fryer basket it comes with.
- Seasonings – use what you would typically like on your fries, we are all about Lawry’s over here – it’s the bomb
Let’s hear it for air fryer french fries. I’m telling you, you’ll never go back to frozen again after you try these.
What are the benefits of using an electric air fryer?
- There is NO need for oil
- saves you a ton of money cutting out that ingredient
- much healthier for you as foods absorb quite a bit of oil and no matter what type you use consuming oil isn’t great
- safer since oil splatters and I especially never liked frying when my kids were around, made me nervous
- Your food comes out crispy
- the texture of food is important in the overall taste, nobody likes limp fries or chicken strips
- There’s no need to turn on your oven or stovetop
- when it is the summertime and you live in 90/100 degree weather that is the last thing you want to do
- saves on your overall energy bill, using a small device rather than your oven to crisp something small up
Why is Ninja Foodi the best air fryer?
- Ninja Foodi air fryer is a multi function machine with a pressure cooker in it as well
- means one machine can serve two purposes which saves space in my kitchen = major win
- It is easy to clean, enough said
- inner pressure cooker pot and air fryer bin have a Teflon coating
- The air fryer lid is attached (photo above)
- less likely it will get lost
- it comes with an additional pressure cooking lid that is separate and works great for that function
- Air fryer bin is wide and doubles as a pressure cooker accessory
- again, dual functions in the kitchen are the best
- wide bin enables you to spread food out and make sure everything gets nice and cripsy
- air fryer bin accessory is great for pressure cooking a chicken (holes at bottom allow juices to drip away from the bird) and then air frying the top so the skin is nice and crispy
On to our air fryer french fries now….
Like I said, this was our first recipe. The other night we made mashed potatoes in the pressure cooker function and they only took ONE minute!!
We will make those again and share Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes as well soon.
For now you can enjoy instructions for these Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes below:
- Ninja Foodi kale chips
- These air fryer bagels stuffed with cream cheese are great for breakfast too!
- If you love these you should try our air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers too!
- For lunch try our air fryer hot dogs!
- This Ninja Foodi roast recipe is great
- Air fryer chips
Ninja Foodi French Fries
- 5 medium potatoes russet, 1.5 lbs.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Wash, dry, and slice potatoes into strips (like french fries), leave skins on.
- Put them in a bowl and rub olive oil on them.
- Place them into the air fryer basket in your Ninja Foodi or other air fryer machine. (can add some seasoning at this time, we prefer to season at the end)
- Close lid (one that is attached), turn machine on.
- Press the air crisp button. Set temp. to 390 for 20-23 minutes. Flip 3 times during total cook time (so every 7 minutes or so).
- Add a few minutes extra if you want them browner/crispier or take out earlier if you want them very lightly browned. Remove immediately when done for best results.
- Salt and serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉