Ninja Foodi french fries are easy to make in your new air fryer and pressure cooker machine! Healthy and homemade potato wedges done in no time for dinner.
Ok so I am loving my new air fryer and pressure cooker! Have you seen this??!! This 3 in 1 cooker has the ability to do it all and get dinner on the table in no time at all…and crisp it before it gets there too. We will begin with this easy Ninja Foodi french fries recipe because well, everyone loves anything potato (especially here in Idaho). 😉 This and more are now on our Ninja Foodi recipes page. (affiliate links present)
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got (there is a 2nd lid not seen here, yes there are 2 different lids so it can do it all).
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. 😉
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more air fryer dinner recipes & Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
You know me…I wouldn’t recommend anything I wasn’t totally in love with. Seriously, this machine will change the way you cook meals for good.
I will tell you that this new stainless steel electric pressure cooker is a game changer! Let’s start with our first Ninja Foodi french fries recipe shall we!!
Ok enough of me convincing you because you may have already jumped on the new Ninja machine train and have one sitting in front of you. So here was our first creation in the best air fryer we’ve used thus far.
This is what you’ll need to make fries in the Ninja Foodi
- Potatoes – let’s go with russet shall we (Leave skins on which make them even healthier. Sliced pretty thin.)
- Olive oil – again, healthier than vegetable oil – we considered using avocado oil too but will try that next time
- The pot has a ceramic coating which is great but for this you’re going to use the air fryer basket it comes with.
- Seasonings – use what you would typically like on your fries, we are all about Lawry’s over here – it’s the bomb
- We share how to make air fryer baked potatoes here if you want to leave them whole too.
Let’s hear it for air crisp french fries. I’m telling you, you’ll never go back to frozen again after you try these.
What are the benefits of using an electric air fryer?
- There is NO need for oil
- Saves you a ton of money cutting out that ingredient
- Much healthier for you. Food absorbs quite a bit of oil and no matter what type you use and consuming oil isn’t great
- Safer since oil splatters. I especially never liked frying when my kids were around, made me nervous
- Your food comes out crispy
- The texture of food is important in the overall taste. Nobody likes limp fries or chicken strips
- There’s no need to turn on your oven or stovetop
- When it is the summertime and you live in 90/100 degree weather that is the last thing you want to do
- Saves on your overall energy bill. Using a small device rather than your oven to crisp something small up
Why is Ninja Foodi the best air fryer?
- Ninja Foodi air fryer is a multi function machine with a pressure cooker in it as well
- means one machine can serve two purposes which saves space in my kitchen = major win
- It is easy to clean, enough said
- inner pressure cooker pot and air fryer bin have a Teflon coating
- The air fryer lid is attached (photo above)
- less likely it will get lost
- it comes with an additional pressure cooking lid that is separate and works great for that function
- Air fryer bin is wide and doubles as a pressure cooker accessory
- again, dual functions in the kitchen are the best
- wide bin enables you to spread food out and make sure everything gets nice and cripsy
- air fryer cook crisp basket doubles as a great Ninja Foodi accessory for pressure cooking a chicken. Holes at bottom allow juices to drip away from the bird, and then finish with a crisp using the air frying function.
- On to our air fryer french fries.
Next we made this amazing air fryer steak and many others below!
For now you can enjoy instructions for these Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes below:
- Ninja Foodi kale chips
- These air fryer bagels stuffed with cream cheese are great for breakfast too!
- Air fryer fried pickles are the bomb.
- For lunch try our air fryer hot dogs!
- Air fryer chips
Overall cook time will vary depending on how thick your potato slices are. Check the last few minutes until they’re golden brown to your liking.
- Then serve with fry sauce!!
Want to make thicker air fryer potato wedges?? We have a recipe for those too that are crusted with parmesan cheese and all the extra goodness.
Need frozen french fries air fryer instructions?? We have those too. Try them both. This one is great if you’re in a hurry. They’re better than cooking them in the oven.
- We are totally obsessed with both of these as side dishes or an after school snack!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Ninja Foodi French Fries
- Wash, dry, and slice potatoes into strips (like french fries), leave skins on. Lay them on paper towels and wrap up so you remove as much moisture on the outside as possible.
- Put them in a bowl and rub olive oil on them.
- Place them into the air fryer basket in your Ninja Foodi or other air fryer machine. (can add some seasoning at this time, we prefer to season at the end)
- Close lid (one that is attached), turn machine on.
- Press the air crisp button. Set temp. to 390 for 20-23 minutes. Flip 3 times during total cook time (so every 7 minutes or so).
- Add a few minutes extra if you want them browner/crispier or take out earlier if you want them very lightly browned. Remove immediately when done for best results.
- Salt and serve.