Air Fryer Ninja Foodi kale chips are the most delicious and healthy snack that even my kids love! Crispy and the best kale chips in just 5 minutes flat.
Ready to make some air fryer kale chips today? If you’re ready to love Ninja Foodi kale chips I’m here to show you how easy they are to make! We love easy Ninja Foodi recipes like this one! (originally published 1/19, affiliate links present)
I promise you. If you aren’t a lover of this dark veggie now, this will make you change your mind.
Even my 12 year old is obsessed with every bite, really.
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Grab our favorite Foodi cookbook here, and this set of wooden utensils work great so your pot doesn’t get scratched!
- Then join our Ninja Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have an air fryer page that shares daily ideas too.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Air fryer kale chips
- Of course you can use any brand of machine you have, but this is what we used this time.
- Yes we have made oven baked kale chips but these are SO Much better.
- They come out beyond crunchy very quickly.
We’ve made Ninja Foodi french fries and now we’re here to share the best kale chips you will ever make!
They’re 100x better than store bought, gluten free and super low carb!
What do I do with kale?
I know, if you’ve never tasted them before and are not big on dark leafy vegetables you were probably like me and thinking “yeah, that can’t be good I’ll pass”….but wait!! Let me convince you!
I made this easy kale chips recipe in the oven years ago when I first heard about them and was so curious I had to buy a bunch at the store.
- I was SHOCKED that I actually loved them. What made me even more surprised was that my kids gobbled them up. Like seriously they were gone in less than 15 minutes!
SO if you ask me what you do with it is to try this recipe. It is the ONLY way I’ve found to like it and seriously I could eat it daily if I had it on hand. We even grew it in our vegetable garden this year so we could make it more often. 😉
Does cooking kale destroy nutrients?
Let me share some kale chips nutrition with you.
Are kale chips a healthy snack?
Roasting won’t affect the vitamin K in it which is good for your bones and heart. On the other hand, you’ll lose some of the beta carotene and vitamin C.
Since it is so high in these vitamins to start out with though, it’s still a good source after the kale has been cooked.
- Kale is high in these vitamins
- Vitamin B6
- Great source of Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Kale is high in fiber which aids digestion and lowers cholesterol levels
- Benefits of olive oil used on this air fryer kale chips recipe
- Olive oil has anti inflammatory properties
The nutrition doesn’t make me love them though..it’s the taste (the benefits are just an added benefit).
Best kale chips
- Make sure your kale is completely dry after washing the leaves
- Remove the entire stalk in the middle
- Don’t saturate your kale chips with olive oil, a little goes a long way
- Do not use too much salt either, you can always add a bit more at the end but you can’t take it away once it’s added
- Cut kale leaves into larger than bite size pieces because it will shrink in the air frying process
- After 2 minutes shaking the basket halfway is best to ensure both sides get nice and crispy
- Eat them immediately
- Crispiest when eaten right out of your air fryer (not an issue at my house, they disappear immediately)
Let’s go y’all….have I convinced you yet??
Ninja Foodi kale chips
- 1 bunch of fresh kale – use fresh, I like curly kale variety
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt – or dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt and pepper
- Paper towels to dry leaves
- Large bowl
- Air fryer basket
If you want to make some easy kale recipes in a regular oven here are those directions. You’ll need baking sheets for this method. You can see ours below made this way.
How do you keep kale chips crispy?
Personally I do not like them unless they are really fresh and right out of the machine, or oven. As they sit they’ll lose a lot of the crispy nature. BUT if you do want to keep them as fresh as possible, this is what to do.
- To store leftover kale chips, place them in an airtight container after they’ve cooled down from being baked.
- Seal the container and keep it at room temperature for a week and enjoy.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Time needed: 4 minutes.
Air fryer kale chips
Wash your kale and set out on countertop on paper towels to completely dry. Remove middle stems and cut leaves into large bite size pieces, they will shrink.
Put pieces into a bowl and drizzle olive oil on, sprinkle on ranch dressing seasoning powder or salt (we like Lawry’s). Use hands to massage salt and oil on to leaves.
Put half your prepared bunch into your air fryer basket. Close your air fryer lid (attached on Ninja Foodi), press air crisp at 390 degrees for 2 minutes.
Lift lid and shake basket and/or flip kale chips on to the other side to crisp evenly. Re set air crisp at 390 degrees for another 2 minutes (or set to 4 minutes and flip halfway through).
Remove and do the same for the 2nd half of your batch of prepared kale. Kale chips should be crispy on both sides, if you have a bit larger bunch you may need to add another minute at the very end to ensure all pieces are very crispy like chips.
Enjoy immediately for best results.
Next, try our air fryer apple chips and you’ll really be hooked.
Ninja Foodi Kale Chips
- Wash your kale and set out on countertop on paper towels to completely dry.
- Remove middle stems and cut leaves into large bite size pieces, they will shrink.
- Put pieces into a bowl and drizzle olive oil on, sprinkle on seasoned salt or ranch dressing seasoning.
- Use hands to massage salt and oil on to leaves.
- Put half your prepared bunch into your air fryer basket
- Close your air fryer lid (attached on Ninja Foodi), press air crisp at 390 degrees for 2 minutes.
- Lift lid and flip kale chips on to the other side to crisp evenly.
- Re set air crisp at 390 degrees for another 2 minutes (or set to 4 minutes and flip halfway through). Then remove and do the same for the 2nd half of your batch of prepared kale.
- Kale chips should be crispy on both sides, if you have a bit larger bunch you may need to add another minute at the very end to ensure all pieces are very crispy like chips. Enjoy immediately for best results.