Air Fryer Ninja Foodi kale chips are the most delicious and healthy snack that even my kids love! Crispy and the best kale chips in just 5 minutes flat.
I love my new appliance and have been busy creating easy Ninja Foodi recipes like this one! Of course you can make these air fryer kale chips in any brand you might have at home but this is mine here. If you’re ready to love Ninja Foodi kale chips I’m here to show you how easy they are to make!
** Join my Easy Ninja Foodi Recipes Group if you love your Ninja! Let’s share our recipes. **
What is this nifty new 3 in 1 Ninja I have here?? Well let me share with you briefly.
- The Ninja Foodi is an air fryer meets a pressure cooker and it is making its mark in the cooking world with a vengeance.
- Here’s a free Ninja Foodi cookbook to help you find easy pressure cooker and air fryer recipes too!
We’ve made Ninja Foodi french fries and now we’re here to share the best kale chips you will ever make…seriously!
Why kale chips??
I know, if you’ve never tasted them before and are not big on dark leafy vegetables you were probably like me and thinking “yeah, that can’t be good I’ll pass”….but wait!! Let me convince you as I was years ago that some easy kale recipes can actually be quite delicious, and kale is SO good for you.
I made this easy kale chips recipe in the oven years ago when I first heard about them and was so curious I had to buy a bunch at the store. I was SHOCKED that I actually loved them, and even more surprised that my kids gobbled them up. Like seriously they were gone in less than 15 minutes!
Let me share some kale chips nutrition and why you should at least try them (never say never).
- Kale is high in these vitamins
- Vitamin B6
- Great source of Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Kale is high in fiber which aids digestion and lowers cholesterol levels
- Benefits of olive oil used on this air fryer kale chips recipe
- Olive oil has anti inflammatory properties
The nutrition doesn’t make me love them though..it’s the taste (the benefits are just an added benefit).
Trick to making the best kale chips ever:
- Make sure you DRY your kale well after washing it
- Remove the entire stalk in the middle
- Don’t saturate your kale chips with olive oil, a little goes a long way
- Do not use too much salt either, you can always add a bit more at the end but you can’t take it away once it’s added
- Cut into larger than bite size pieces because it will shrink in the air frying process
- Flip half way thru air frying kale to ensure both sides get nice and crispy
- Eat them immediately
- Crispiest when eaten right out of your air fryer (not an issue at my house, they disappear immediately)
Let’s go y’all….have I convinced you yet??
This is what you need to make these easy Ninja Foodi kale chips in your air fryer:
- 1 bunch of fresh kale – use fresh, I like curly kale variety
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt – or dry ranch dressing mix
Ninja Foodi Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale curly kale is best, washed, dried, remove stems
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt or 1/2 tsp. dry ranch dressing mix
- Wash your kale and set out on countertop on paper towels to completely dry.
- Remove middle stems and cut leaves into large bite size pieces, they will shrink.
- Put pieces into a bowl and drizzle olive oil on, sprinkle on seasoned salt or ranch dressing seasoning.
- Use hands to massage salt and oil on to leaves.
- Put half your prepared bunch into your air fryer basket
- Close your air fryer lid (attached on Ninja Foodi), press air crisp at 390 degrees for 2 minutes.
- Lift lid and flip kale chips on to the other side to crisp evenly.
- Re set air crisp at 390 degrees for another 2 minutes (or set to 4 minutes and flip halfway through). Then remove and do the same for the 2nd half of your batch of prepared kale.
- Kale chips should be crispy on both sides, if you have a bit larger bunch you may need to add another minute at the very end to ensure all pieces are very crispy like chips. Enjoy immediately for best results.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉