Air Fryer bagels come out crispy with a soft chewy center and can be made into stuffed bagel bites which we love. Easy 2 ingredient bagel recipe included.
Ready for some air fryer bagels stuffed with cream cheese (or plain)?? You can make these into whole 2 ingredient bagels, or make them into bagel bites in no time at all. With a cream cheese center they’re the perfect on the go snack! Listed as weight watcher approved snacks you won’t feel guilty at all. It’s one of our favorite air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. 😉 (affiliate links present)
- You can make an air fryer bagel in any brand of air fryer but we have the new Ninja Foodi which pairs an air fryer with a pressure cooker and we’re obsessed with it!
We hope you love these homemade bagel bites too!
If you just got your air fryer you may have found a few recipe groups to help you gather a few ideas of what you should make first…and in the weeks ahead.
I have a Ninja Foodi Easy Recipes group you can join if you’re looking for more ideas too. 😉
Like I said, these air fryer bagels only need 2 simple ingredients to make which is just my style.
I decided to make them into bagel bites but you could make whole bagels as well.
I made a sweet bagel using blueberry Greek yogurt but you could use plain yogurt and then sprinkle savory ingredients on top instead of cinnamon and sugar.
Items you need to make these homemade air fryer bagels
- Greek yogurt – any flavor you like, or plain, we used blueberry
- Self rising flour – don’t use all purpose it won’t work
- This is how to make self rising flour with all purpose flour
- I like having both in my pantry at all times so I am covered no matter what recipe I want to make
- If you want to make homemade bagel dough you can do that too
- I used this trivet with the handles folded in so it was flat
- And placed this 8″ springform pan on top to put my bagel bites in
Timing will differ depending on whether you make bagel bites or whole bagels, I will share both versions in the recipe card below.
Photos are of our homemade cream cheese stuffed bagel bites though.
If you don’t want to make a sweeter version like we did with blueberry yogurt, no problem!
- Just use plain or vanilla greek yogurt with some egg wash on top and sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
You’re free to use parchment paper under them if you’d like but they didn’t stick for us.
How to make bagel bites filled with cream cheese
- I took them out of the baking pan I used and put them on a paper towel to cool completely
- Using a very small knife to make a cut on the side of each bagel bite
- I put whipped cream cheese (softer than the brick version) in a freezer baggie, got all the air out, zipped it closed and cut off the tip
- Then I used the small knife again to open the hole just a bit more
- The open end of the ziploc was put into the opening and I squeezed cream cheese into the center until it looked like it was going to start oozing back out (meaning it had gone in as far as it could into the bagel)
- Using a pastry bag with a hard tip would have been easier and more effective but at the time I didn’t have that so I used what was available
- We enjoyed them!
Other Ninja Foodi recipes you’ll love:
- These Air fryer cinnamon rolls sticky buns are the bomb
- You can make these cherry cheesecake egg rolls in there instead of frying them
- Air fryer tater tots for the win!
- It’s air fryer hot dogs for lunch on a lot of days
- Ninja foodi kale chips can be made in all types of air fryers
- Our air fryer pretzel bites are fun snacks too!
If you want to make a delicious recipe in the oven alongside these our breakfast bundt cake is the bomb!
Here is the printable recipe and video for Ninja Foodi bagels:
Entire time to crisp is approximately 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Bagels
- 1 c self rising flour
- 1 c greek yogurt
- 1/2 c cream cheese whipped, optional if you want them filled
- 2 tbsp cinnamon and sugar optional, if you want to sprinkle on outsides
- Mix together your self rising flour and greek yogurt until it forms into a dough consistency.
- Spray the inside of your springform pan with non stick spray or put parchment paper on a trivet (recommend using the pan).
- Form dough into equal sized balls (a heaping tbsp full) and place into your pan with space in between each one, fits 7 comfortably in the pan.
- Can sprinkle with a mixture of equal parts cinnamon and sugar if desired at this point.
- Close air fryer lid (one that is attached on the Ninja Foodi) and set to 325 degrees for 5 minutes for bagel bites, 9 minutes if you made 3 whole bagels.
- Lift lid and flip over (can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar again if desired), set again on air crisp at 325 degrees for an additional 4 minutes, 6 minutes if cooking whole bagels.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool completely before filling with cream cheese, if desired.
- If cream cheese is added wait until bagel bites are cool, use a small knife to put a hole in the side of each one. Use a pastry bag with a tip that is filled with whipped cream cheese and squeeze into the hole.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉