2 ingredient air fryer Bantam bagels bites come out crispy with a soft chewy center and can be made into stuffed bagel bites which we love. Easy and delicious in your Ninja Foodi or other model.
Ready for some air fryer bagels stuffed with cream cheese (or plain)?? You can make these into whole 2 ingredient bagels, or make them into bagel bites in no time at all. It’s one of our favorite air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. 😉 (originally published 2/19, participant in the amazon program, affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
With a cream cheese center they’re the perfect on the go snack! Listed as weight watcher approved snacks you won’t feel guilty at all. You can make an air fryer bagel in any brand of air fryer but we have the new Ninja Foodi which pairs an air fryer with a pressure cooker and we’re obsessed with it!
At first we made whole 2 ingredient bagels and yes those were easy and delicious. At the time we bought Bantam bagels at Starbucks all the time though and that got rather expensive. I thought we should be able to create the same thing at home and it worked great!
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Homemade Bantam Bagels
If you too are obsessed with this Shark Tank company you will be surprised at just how easy they are to make yourself. Not only are they way cheaper this way but you can make stuffed bagels with cream cheese, jam, peanut butter, all sorts of things.
Stuffed Bagel Bites Air Fryer
You could bake these in the oven, but the texture of this small countertop appliance is way better! If you have ever bought frozen Bantam bagels you may have done something similar. We would microwave first to defrost but then crisp for a few minutes this same way.
How do I make bagel bites in an air fryer?
That’s what I wondered when I got my fancy machine, so I got to experimenting and figured it out! These are homemade bagel bites but if you have frozen bagel bites and just want to warm them the instructions are as follows:
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Place frozen bagel bites (like Bantam bagels or the ones from Trader Joes) in a single layer for 6 minutes.
- There should be no need to flip these.
Can you toast a bagel in an air fryer?
Yep, we do this with store bought all the time. Just break in half, toast at 400F for about 2 minutes and perfection.
How do you toast a bagel in an air fryer?
- That is possible too if you’re in need. Just slice it in half and set your temperature to 370 degrees.
- Put in for about 3 minutes, then remove and put some butter on each side.
- Place back into your air fryer basket and toast for 3 more minutes.
- This will make it nice and crispy just like if you used a toaster oven.
If you just got your air fryer you may have found a few recipe groups to help you gather a few ideas of what you should make first…and in the weeks ahead.
I decided to make them into bagel bites but you could make whole bagels as well. I made a sweet bagel using blueberry Greek yogurt but you could use plain yogurt and then sprinkle savory ingredients on top instead of cinnamon and sugar.
Air fryer bagels 2 ingredients
- Greek yogurt – any flavor you like, or plain, we used blueberry
- Self rising flour – don’t use all purpose it won’t work
- This is how to make self rising flour with all purpose flour
- I like having both in my pantry at all times so I am covered no matter what recipe I want to make
- If you want to make homemade bagel dough you can do that too
- I used a trivet with the handles folded in so it was flat
- And placed this 8″ springform pan on top to put my bagel bites in
Timing will differ depending on whether you make bagel bites or whole bagels, I will share both versions in the recipe card below. Photos are of our homemade cream cheese stuffed bagel bites though.
Bagel Bites Air Fryer
If you don’t want to make a sweeter version like we did with blueberry yogurt, no problem!
- Just use plain or vanilla greek yogurt with some egg wash on top and sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
You’re free to use parchment paper under them if you’d like but they didn’t stick for us.
Homemade bagel bites
- I took them out of the baking pan I used and put them on a paper towel to cool completely
- Using a very small knife to make a cut on the side of each bagel bite
- I put whipped cream cheese in a freezer baggie. Pushed all the air out and zipped it closed. Then I cut off the tip and squeezed some into the middle.
- Then I used the small knife again to open the hole just a bit more
- The open end of the ziploc was put into the opening and I squeezed cream cheese into the center until it looked like it was going to start oozing back out (meaning it had gone in as far as it could into the bagel)
Using a pastry bag with a hard tip would have been easier and more effective but at the time I didn’t have that so I used what was available. We enjoyed them!
2 Ingredient Air Fryer Bagels
Other Ninja Foodi recipes you’ll love:
- These Air fryer sticky buns are the bomb
- You can make these cherry cheesecake egg rolls in there instead of frying them
- Air fryer tater tots for the win!
- It’s air fryer hot dogs for lunch on a lot of days
Our air fryer pretzel bites are fun snacks too!
Ninja Foodi bagels
If you want to make a delicious recipe in the oven alongside these our breakfast bundt cake is the bomb!
Entire time to crisp is approximately 15 minutes. If you’re looking to make other frozen or fresh things in your machine, print out our air fryer cooking times chart so you’re all set.
- Mix together your self rising flour and greek yogurt until it forms into a dough.
- Spray the inside of your springform pan or air fryer basket with non stick spray. Form dough into equal sized balls (a heaping tbsp full) or into round full size bagels.
- Can sprinkle with salt, everything seasoning, sesame seeds if you like now.
- Close air fryer lid, or basket. Set to 325 degrees for 9 minutes total for bagel bites, 15 minutes total if you made 3 whole bagels.
- Lift lid and flip over, at the halfway point so they get nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove bites from pan and set aside to cool completely if filling with cream cheese.
If cream cheese is added wait until bagel bites are cool, use a small knife to put a hole in the side of each one. Use a pastry bag with a tip that is filled with whipped cream cheese and squeeze into the hole.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Bantam Bagels
- Mix together your self rising flour and greek yogurt until it forms into a dough consistency.
- Spray the inside of your springform pan with non stick spray or put parchment paper on a trivet (recommend using the pan).
- Form dough into equal sized balls (a heaping tbsp full) and place into your pan with space in between each one, fits 7 comfortably in the pan.
- Can sprinkle with a mixture of equal parts cinnamon and sugar if desired at this point.
- Close air fryer lid (one that is attached on the Ninja Foodi) and set to 325 degrees for 5 minutes for bagel bites, 9 minutes if you made 3 whole bagels.
- Lift lid and flip over (can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar again if desired), set again on air crisp at 325 degrees for an additional 4 minutes, 6 minutes if cooking whole bagels.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool completely before filling with cream cheese, if desired.
- If cream cheese is added wait until bagel bites are cool, use a small knife to put a hole in the side of each one. Use a pastry bag with a tip that is filled with whipped cream cheese and squeeze into the hole.