Why the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer is our favorite new kitchen appliance! If you love pressure cooking and air frying this is a game changer!
Have you seen the new Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer? It. Is. Amazing. It’s literally changed how and what we eat for dinner. Let me show you how it works, and then you can cook all the Ninja Foodi recipes we have! (originally published 3/19, affiliate links present)
I’ll explain this new machine with you in case you’re looking for a Ninja Foodi review before you purchase it.
Let’s start with where you can find the new Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer
- This is where to buy the Ninja Cooking system.
- Find Ninja air fryer recipes here
- Here’s my Ninja Foodi Grill review.
- You can also grab a free Ninja Foodi cookbook here.
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You can print this free Ninja Foodi cook times sheet too
I will start from the beginning so you understand how knowledgeable I am about small kitchen appliances, and pressure cookers in general.
I bought the Instant Pot months after it came on the market, when there were NO recipes out there. People were still afraid to use it. SO, I started figuring it out and used it every day for months. Now I have 101+ Instant Pot recipes to show for it.
- Even though it says Instant Pot you can use all of these in the Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker function.
Now of course I have started a list of easy Ninja Foodi recipes since it is an air fryer too.
Since I’ve been creating pressure cooker recipes for quite some time now I was more interested in the air fryer function. This is a game changer for us!!
Let me tell you why I love the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer!
- It is a multi functional kitchen appliance.
- It has way more than 2 functions though. Yes you can make rice in it but also; make slow cooked food, pressure cook, air fry and cook in crisp basket, and much more.
- Food comes out crispy in no time with NO oil required.
- The Ninja Foodi pressure cooker pot has a non stick coating.
- Using a few of my favorite Ninja Foodi accessories you can make everything from breakfast to dessert in it!
- It comes with a 2nd lid not seen here, as well as a trivet and air fryer basket. Yes, there are 2 different lids so it can do it all.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty which is great, though I’ve never had an issue whatsoever.
Let’s talk about the Ninja Foodi air fryer function.
This is the lid you use to crisp your food in no time. It is attached to the machine itself and can be lifted up easily to check on your food. Cooking pauses once the lid is lifted.
- I love being able to check on my food when I’m figuring out how long something takes to crisp.
- You can print this air fryer cook times sheet to help you create new recipes too.
- Here’s how to clean the Ninja Foodi with the metal prongs on the lid.
We have made a variety of air fryer recipes so far. We will continue to add them weekly so bookmark it, here are a few faves!
- Air fryer hot dogs
- Stuffed Air Fryer bagels are so fun
- Breakfast air fryer cinnamon rolls are sticky and delish
- These Ninja Foodi french fries with our Ninja Foodi ribs are a must
The second main function of the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer cooks complete meals quickly!
If you’re still trying to decide and want an Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi comparison we have done that too.
The things I like about using this one is that:
- The pot is wider and a bit shallower.
- This seems to cook food a bit faster than it’s competitor. I feel it also helps avoid the dreaded burn notice others have experienced with the IP.
- Ninja Foodi pot has a non stick coating.
- Helps A LOT in the cleaning process. I also feel this helps avoid the burn notice with an added barrier between the food and heating element.
The biggest selling point of the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer in my opinion.
Pressure cooking your meal AND then air frying the top to get crispy. This is most useful when cooking a whole chicken in the Ninja Foodi.
- There’s NO need to remove your bird and put it under the broiler in the oven to crisp the skin.
- You can even bake in it! Check out our Ninja Foodi cake.
- I hope this helps you in your decision as to whether or not to buy the Ninja Cooking system.
- It is my favorite new kitchen appliance!
It’s not just for air frying though, pressure cooking is the wave of the future and this is the way to go! In order to let’s say make tender chicken wings, but then have crispy skin as well this is the best way. Yes you can have 2 machines side by side and take the food from one to the other one but seriously, that’s insane.
- Who has time for that??!!
Recipes I love making using the pressure cooker and air fryer functions together are:
- Ninja Foodi green beans with some crisped parmesan cheese on top.
- This Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash pizza. It’s low carb but with all the taste of spaghetti. With melted cheese on top you need both for this.
- Quarter this Ninja Foodi cabbage and make it tender. Then sprinkle with seasonings and get the edges of each leaf nice and crispy. It. Is. Fabulous!
- The BEST of all though are these Ninja Foodi chicken wings!! With a dry rub they are cooked to perfection! You can even make them from frozen with some pressure cooking time at the beginning.
It has been a GAME CHANGER in our house! Okay, I was a bit upset when my husband brought this home and I thought “I already have an Instant Pot, I don’t need another kitchen appliance”. I thought my prior purchases covered all my bases.
I was SO wrong. It has made dinnertime easier and the ability for us to eat together more often too. That is a huge motherhood win for sure.
- If you’re on the fence as to whether you or your loved one needs a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer, they do!
- It is the perfect Christmas gift for those who enjoy cooking. Heck, it’s great for everyone who thinks they can’t cook, that they actually can.
Some additional information regarding purchasing and orders to be shipped:
- Some online resources will not ship to Hawaii or Alaska
- Hawaii Alaska or other territories may require an additional fee
- Contiguous 48 states in United States or an International address is required many times, vs. entering a P.O. Box for delivery.
If you’d like to receive more reviews and recipes such as this one enter your email address here to join my free newsletter.