Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash pizza pasta is a low carb dinner you can make in your pressure cooker and air fryer. Just like spaghetti noodles but healthier.
We have been creating a lot of Ninja Foodi recipes lately but this one surprised my whole family! If you’ve never had spaghetti squash spaghetti it is amazing. Now you can make Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash pizza pasta that is PACKED with flavor and takes about 15 minutes to cook. (affiliate links present)
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free ebook recipe book here. 😉
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
We started this whole obsession by making cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti and loved it.
Since we love spaghetti squash so much we then shared how to cook spaghetti squash fast in your pressure cooker! Put it all together and you have what you see here!
- Then we made spaghetti squash pasta but had to melt everything in the oven because we hadn’t used this pressure cooker and air fryer machine yet.
- GAME CHANGER!!
NOW you can do it all at once, a true one pot meal that will knock your socks off. My kids were surprised they were eating vegetables instead of noodles with all the flavor this had. The texture is unbelievably the same.
The first step to this process is making the spaghetti squash noodles. This only takes 8 minutes!!
- First you cut it in half and remove the seeds from the middle
- Using the pressure cook function the insides become incredibly soft after cutting it in half and removing the inner seeds.
- It’s the same process as making pressure cooker pumpkin too.
After removing your squash you’ll want it to cool a tad so you can handle it. I use a dishtowel because it will be quite warm for a decent amount of time. Just use a fork and gently scrape the “noodles” out and into a bowl.
Then drain the liquid out of that bowl once all the “pasta” is in there. Water left inside will make the sauce more liquidy and you want it as flavorful as possible.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash pizza pasta
- Spaghetti squash
- Jar of spaghetti sauce
- mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- can add parmesan cheese too
- Pepperoni if you want to add it
- Salt and pepper to taste
You could easily make this into Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash spaghetti and omit the pepperoni but they brought a lot more flavor.
- Either way makes a great air fryer dinner recipe.
Here’s a tip: The more you press to scrape out the spaghetti squash noodles the more firm they will be. If you want them really soft and tender just use the ones that easily come off with very little pressure from your fork. Those will be VERY tender and have the texture of pasta.
Of course it is totally up to you how much cheese you want to add but the following ingredient amounts below turned out great for us.
After you thoroughly enjoy this, try our:
- Ninja Foodi taco pasta recipe
- We have 8 different Ninja Foodi cabbage recipes here
- Air fryer corn and pressure cooker mashed potatoes turn out great, and are great side dishes to our air fryer pork chops
If you have an Instant Pot you can follow the same method except you’ll need to put it under the broiler to melt the cheese at the end.
I wouldn’t recommend using a slow cooker to cook spaghetti squash, our oven directions would be better if you don’t have either one.
Ninja Foodi Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pasta
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove inner seeds so inside cavity is clean.
- Pour 1.5 c water into your Foodi and place a trivet at the bottom.
- Set both halves of your squash inside with cut ends facing up.
- Put on pressure cooker lid and close steam valve. Set to high pressure for 8 minutes. Then do a quick release.
- Drain water from inside cavity of squash halves and remove from pot. Carefully place on cutting board to cool, they will be hot!
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes so it's at least cool enough for you to pick it up with a hand towel in your hand and handle it without burning yourself, it will be hot.
- Using a fork gently scrape the "noodles" out of each half and into a bowl. Make sure to leave the outsides of the squash in tact so you can use them as "bowls".
- Drain water from bowl with "noodles" in it. Add your spaghetti squash and 1/2 c of cheese and gently stir so everything is nicely coated.
- Drain water from inner pot and put trivet back in. Place empty half of squash on trivet with empty side facing up.
- Use fork to fill squash with spaghetti squash mixture in bowl (fork helps to lessen excess liquid)
- Sprinkle 1/ 4 cheese on top, followed by pepperoni, followed by 1/4 c more cheese.
- Close air crisp lid and set to 400 for 8 minutes or until browned on top.
- Take out and enjoy immediately for best results.