We have the most amazing apple stuffed smoked pork recipe that takes just 15 minutes to prep.! With our dry rub and fruit you’ll have tender pork loin you’ll love.
My husband is a bit obsessed with his electric smoker, and I am totally okay with that! 😉 He’s come up with a bunch of easy smoker recipes along with this new smoked pork recipe. It’s stuffed with apples and has a sweet and smoky flavor that the kids said was their favorite one he’s made thus far. (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
Looking for the best meats to smoke in your new outdoor cooker?? We have a killer idea right here.
Using a bit of natural sweetness with sliced apples you too will have an amazing dinner without heating up your house.
We started this journey creating a lot of electric smoker recipes. Those will work too if you’re looking for more ideas.
We did not. If you want that smokey flavor on the outside of your meat and a crustier/browned exterior you shouldn’t. If you want to you can alternatively sear outside in a large skillet before or after cooking.
Wrapping it aluminum foil will help keep it moist all over. When doing so the moisture will remain trapped inside. Just note it won’t have the same smoked flavor or outside texture.
Or spray, pour apple cider over it a few times while cooking as we did with our smoked pulled pork Traeger recipe here.
Apples, honey and brown sugar were the main flavors with a bit of salt of course to bring it all together.
We used a center cut pork loin which is wider than the traditional tenderloin you might buy. It worked well for this particular creation since he was planning on stuffing it with goodies.
If you’ve never smoked pork before it is a great way to cook it. We’ve had smoked pulled pork before but we’re making our way around the pig and used this center cut this time. 😉
- Wood chips or pellets add great flavor to pork. It also comes out so tender versus cooking it in the oven.
- We didn’t wrap ours in aluminum foil so the outside would really soak in the smoke flavor but you could do that if you chose.
I have never been a huge fan of pork but ever since he’s created several smoked pork recipes like these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops I can’t get enough.
Smoked pork loin
- Center cut pork loin – a pork tenderloin could be used too but those are narrower and don’t allow you to stuff them as full
- Apple – large Fuji is what we used
- Brown Sugar
- Salt – we prefer sea salt or kosher salt
- Wood chips or smoker pellets
- If your smoker doesn’t have a built in digital thermometer you’ll want that too.
Time needed: 3 hours.
Smoked Pork Loin Recipe
- Preheat smoker
Preheat smoker filled with wood chips or pellets to 250 degrees F.
- Prepare ingredients
Core and slice apple, the thinner the softer they will become. Slice loin lengthwise so there’s a pocket but not all the way through.
- Fill pork with apples
Sprinkle half of brown sugar and salt mixture into crevice, then lay apples inside with other half sprinkled on top. Drizzle honey on top of apples
Wrap in foil when done for 15 minutes to rest before slicing to maintain juiciness.
Use choice of pellets or wood chips, this is what we chose.
- We enjoyed the natural apple and smoke flavor but some onion powder and black pepper would work well just for a little bit on the bottom and sides. That is totally up to you.
Just pop it in at 250 degrees and enjoy!! Use leftovers for pulled pork sandwiches. Just add a bit of barbecue sauce to the sliced pork, stir and add to slider buns the next day.
Try our smoked sausage and cabbage next!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Smoked Pork Recipe
- Cut a slit in the top of your pork loin lengthwise in the middle, half way down but not all the way thru, creating a pocket. Do not cut end to end as contents will spill out, look at photo.(season outside of meat now if you choose to, we just sprinkled with salt and pepper)
- Mix sugar and salt together and sprinkle half in the middle of your crevice, then put sliced apples, then the other half of your sugar/salt mixture on top of your apples.
- Drizzle honey over top of pork, mainly in the middle where it is stuffed.
- Put in smoker that has wood chips in it that has been preheated to 250 degrees. If you have a probe that measures temperature put it inside one end all the way inside your loin.
- Smoke until inside temp is at least 145 degrees which took 3 hours for us if you don't have a temp. probe.
- Wrap in foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes to maintain juices, then slice.