We have the most amazing apple smoked pork recipe that takes just 15 minutes to prep.! With our dry rub and fruit you’ll have tender pork you’ll love.
My husband is a bit obsessed with his electric smoker, and I am totally okay with that! 😉 He’s come up with a bunch of easy smoker recipes along with this new smoked pork recipe. It’s stuffed with apples and has a sweet and smoky flavor that the kids said was their favorite one he’s made thus far.
This is what our smoked pork recipe looked like when he prepared it, below.
We used a center cut pork tenderloin which is wider than the traditional tenderloin you might buy. It worked well for this particular creation since he was planning on stuffing it with goodies.
Apples, honey and brown sugar were the main flavors with a bit of salt of course to bring it all together.
If you’ve never smoked pork before it is a great way to cook it.
Smoked pork brings flavors to the meat that work really well and comes out more tender I think than cooking it in the oven.
I have never been a huge fan of pork but ever since he’s created several smoked pork recipes like these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops I can’t get enough.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this smoked pork recipe stuffed with apples
- Center cut pork tenderloin
- Apple – large Fuji is what we used
- Brown Sugar
- Salt – we prefer sea salt or kosher salt
Once you’re done with this one try our other electric smoker recipes.
- You’ll want this meat smoking chart if you want to smoke other meats. If your smoker doesn’t have a built in digital thermometer you’ll want that too.
Smoked Pork Recipe
- 3.5 lbs pork loin center cut boneless
- 1 large apple fuji, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut a slit in the top of your pork loin lengthwise in the middle, half way down but not all the way thru, creating a pocket. Do not cut end to end as contents will spill out, look at photo.
- Mix sugar and salt together and sprinkle half in the middle of your crevice, then put sliced apples, then the other half of your sugar/salt mixture on top of your apples.
- Drizzle honey over top of pork, mainly in the middle where it is stuffed.
- Put in smoker that has wood chips in it that has been preheated to 250 degrees. If you have a probe that measures temperature put it inside one end all the way inside your loin.
- Smoke until inside temp is at least 140 degrees which took 3 hours for us if you don't have a temp. probe.
- Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes to maintain juices, then slice.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉