Here’s the easiest and best way of smoking a boneless pork loin and the recipe for the most amazing smoked pork tenderloin rub too! No need for sauce on this meat because the rub and smoker do all the work for you to create the most flavorful slices of pork you’ll ever try.
Smoking a boneless pork loin has never been easier and more delicious! When it’s the summertime we get excited to uncover our electric smoker and throw in anything that sounds like it might be good smoked. We’ve come up with a list of our favorite easy smoker recipes using our electric smoker but really you can have any style smoker and make this pork loin that needs no sauce, just this pork tenderloin rub that’s sweet and savory.
Smoking a boneless pork loin is Perfection!
Seriously my husband made this one day and the kids couldn’t keep their hands off of it!
With a mix of brown sugar, chili powder, and other spices rubbed all over on the top and bottom this dry rub creates a wonderful taste a crust on the outside of your smoked pork that is irresistible and really perfect for any other type of meat too.
This is how I figure out what we are going to smoke the next day. I go to the store and see what is on sale! Seriously, less than $5 for all 5 of us to eat dinner + have leftovers for lunch the next day is my ideal kinda’ dinner. I don’t know about you but this is the best way to cook.
- Just about any meat can be smoked and it is not only an easy way to cook outdoors but creates a wonderful flavor that you just can’t get on the grill.
If you’re new to smoking you don’t need an expensive model. We have this smoker that was less than $200 when we bought it and have had no issues with it. Just put a cover over it to save it from being weathered during the winter months and get ready to cook in it nightly once it warms up outside.
As with any meat but especially with pork you need to make sure it is cooked properly which is 160 degrees F. for something like this following this meat temperature guide. The nice thing about the electric smoker we have is that it has a meat thermometer inside that does all that work for you!!
- Just put your meat inside. Place the probe into the center of your piece of meat, and it stops cooking once it hits the correct temperature. Then it cools off to maintain 120 degrees to keep it warm until you take it out. Makes it so easy!!
We used the apple smoke chips to smoke this pork loin. I buy this variety wood chip box so we can try different ones, it lasts throughout the summer which is perfect.
This is what you need for smoking a boneless pork loin and for the best smoked pork tenderloin rub
- Smoker – we have this electric smoker that makes smoking easy because it shuts off automatically once the meat is cooked properly
- Pork loin
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
When you’re done with this try these pork recipes
Smoking a boneless pork loin took about 4 hours to cook.
Honestly though I didn’t have to pay close attention since the probe knows when it’s properly cooked thru. Once done the smoker will just keep it warm until we’re ready to eat. I popped this in around lunch time and it was ready for dinner. We like to eat early, around 5pm so it is perfect.
If you’re looking for another great smoker recipe, this is how to smoke salmon!
Looking side dishes for pork loin?
Smoking a Boneless Pork Loin
- Rub outside of boneless pork loin with olive oil.
- In a bowl mix all pork loin rub ingredients together until combined and generously rub it on the outside of your meat massaging it in.
- Place pork on middle rack of smoker (we have an electric smoker) and put probe in end of pork pushing in so it reaches middle and can accurately tell you the temp. ensuring that it cooks all the way thru.
- Fill wood chip drawer with wood chips. Set smoker to 200 degrees F. and smoke until thermometer comes to 160 degrees to ensure pork is done.
- For the pork loin we had it took about 4 hours and with our electric smoker the probe is attached to it so when it reaches the done temp for the meat it shuts off and lowers to 120 degrees to keep warm. If you don't have this check after 3 hrs or so to check how close to 160 it is.
- Allow to rest on a cutting board for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉