How to cook Smithfield pork tenderloin with dry rub in the oven, pressure cooker or an amazing pork tenderloin in slow cooker until fork tender. Protein packed dinner with a ton of flavor and moist.
This has been an often question to me so I thought I’d answer the question of how to cook a Smithfield pork tenderloin to tender. I’ll share different methods whether you want to use your slow cooker, air fryer, Instant Pot or baked in the oven. One of many easy pork recipes on our site. (affiliate links present)
Smithfield Pork Tenderloin How to Cook
This post will explain oven directions in detail. If you want to try pork tenderloin in slow cooker, the link is above. Read that and give it a whirl. Want to cook pork loin in Instant Pot instead? That’s delish too. You really can’t go wrong with this brand or cut of pig. 😉
Love your Ninja Foodi or Cosori for everything? You can make an air fryer pork tenderloin too. Forgot to defrost that baby? NO problem, we have directions on how to make a frozen pork loin in Instant Pot too. I think that covers it all right?? lol
Pork Tenderloin Dry Rub
If you’re still here, you’re going to must want this oven baked. If you are new to using any sort of dry rub on meats you are in for a real treat!! This one is very similar to the one used for the best baked pork chops.
It is sweet and savory with just a bit of a spicy kick. You can adjust the levels on that quite easily.
How do You Cook Smithfield Seasoned Pork Tenderloin
We will show you our method here. Yes you can just use everyday seasonings like rosemary, thyme and salt and pepper but we prefer bolder flavors like these. I bet you have all of the dry rub pork ingredients we have listed at home. The best method for this is in the oven, baked for about 55 minutes.
Pork Dry Rub Ingredients
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard, paprika and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder and sea salt
All you do is use a fork to blend these together. Break up any chunks you might see with the sugar so it is nice and smooth. I like to really coat it all over.
Before laying it on the baking sheet just lift it up once you think it’s on there and let the excess fall off. If it falls off on the foil it will kinda’ bubble and burn. Not a big deal but preventable.
Size used was almost 2 pounds so use that as a gage as far as timing goes. If yours is quite a bit different you’ll just adjust as necessary. Use a bit of olive oil or avocado oil on the outside to get all the goodies to stick well.
How Long to Cook Smithfield Pork Tenderloin
If you bake this way it will take 55-60 minutes. Always use a thermometer in the center to determine internal meat temperature. Ensure it reaches 145 F before removing, keeping in mind it will rise about 5 degrees as it rests too.
- First you will want to preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line your baking sheet with non stick aluminum foil.
- In a dish mix together all of the dry seasonings.
- or just use a bottled garlic herb pork mixture
- Use paper towels to blot the outside of the loin dry and then drizzle and coat outside with olive oil.
- Coat the outside on all sides with dry rub mixture. Lift off cutting board and let excess fall off.
- Lay on baking sheet or roasting pan
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until internal temperature of 145 degrees F is reached. (Smithfield pork loin filets take about 25 – 30 minutes per pound or so, depending on thickness)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes
If you want to make a side dish on a lower rack, throw some of our cabbage steaks in at the last 20 minutes.
Smithfield Pork Loin in Oven
Alternatives: If you wanted to make a sort of garlic her pork meal, use Smithfield roasted garlic marinated fresh pork or make your own blend. Smithfield marinated pork loins put into a storage bag with this lemon pepper marinade or teriyaki marinade are killer. Only a few hours are needed to soak beforehand.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
How to Cook Smithfield Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with non stick aluminum foil. In a small dish mix together all of the dry seasonings.
- Blot the outside of the loin dry with a paper towel and then drizzle and coat outside with olive oil.
- Coat outside with dry rub mixture and lay on baking sheet. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until internal temp reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.