Frozen pork loin in Instant Pot is easier than you think! Yes! You can now cook a rock hard frozen tenderloin in your pressure cooker to tender in no time.
Yes I’m forgetful. That’s when this frozen pork loin in Instant Pot recipe comes in handy. If you too forget to defrost meat in the morning and it is almost dinnertime, you’ll love this tip too. Find this and over 100 more easy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog.
This is a game changer my friends!!
I mean I cannot be the only forgetful one out there who remembers at 4 pm that dinner is still rock solid. I have the answer.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
- Yes we’ve shared how to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot and that was a hit. Apparently I am not the only forgetful one in the world huh? 😉
This time I wanted to figure out how to cook frozen pork in an Instant Pot. Not just cook it but get it to be tender and flavorful for dinnertime. Here is what worked well.
Can you cook a frozen pork loin?
I did wonder what the best way to cook it would be. It is safe to cook frozen or partially frozen pork in the oven, on the stove, grill or in an Instant Pot now without defrosting it first!!
- Keep in mind that the cooking time may be about 50 percent longer. It is best if frozen pork roasts are cooked at an oven temperature of 325 degrees F. Cooking frozen pork in a slow cooker is not recommended.
- Using a pressure cooker is fabulous because the insides can get nice and tender while not overcooking the outside.
If you have cooked an Instant Pot pork tenderloin before that’s been thawed, you know how good it is. BUT, sometimes we forget to prep meat in the morning. Guilty as charged.
Frozen pork loin in Instant Pot
These are the ingredients you’ll need to get it nice and flavorful:
- Pressure cooker
- For Instant Pot users I would HIGHLY suggest getting a non stick pot
- Pork loin – this one was 2 lbs.
- Soy sauce
- Sherry cooking wine
- Vegetable oil
- Minced onion
- Garlic powder
- Beef broth or water
- Cinnamon is optional
Timing is based on our Instant Pot cooking times.
How long is frozen pork good for?
Wondering how long can you freeze pork? Frozen foods are safe indefinitely. For best quality though, fresh pork roast, steaks, chops or ribs should be used within 4 – 6 months.
Fresh ground pork, pork liver or variety meats should be used within 3 – 4 months. Home cooked pork, soups, stews, or casseroles should be cooked within 2 – 3 months.
Is it safe to eat pork that has been frozen for a year?
Well, you usually won’t get sick from it but it probably won’t taste that good. This is because there is a good chance that meat that has been frozen that long will develop freezer burn.
What vegetables go well with pork?
- Green vegetables like Instant Pot broccoli or peas top our list. Buttery brussels sprouts, sauteéd spinach, cauliflower, or just a crisp salad are great too. Any of these sides will balance out the plate.
Here are the basic steps to follow:
- Open the lid and add all ingredients other than your meat, whisk them together.
- Unwrap meat and add tenderloin in the Instant Pot on the bottom.
- Close lid and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes followed by a natural pressure release for 20 minutes.
- timing is good for a 2 pound pork loin
- Lift pork loin roast out and put on cutting board when done. Allow cut of meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- alternatively if you want to sear the outside once done just drain liquid out, set to saute and brown for 2 minutes per side until browned
- Always use a meat thermometer to ensure internal meat temperature registers that it’s cooked through
- If you have a defrosted tenderloin you can follow these air fryer pork loin instructions.
Slice and serve with mashed potatoes! You can pour 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce over the top if you want more flavor.
Looking for other easy Instant Pot recipes?
- Here’s how to cook frozen pork chops Instant Pot style or frozen pork shoulder Instant Pot too.
- I love how tender frozen pork roast Instant Pot turns out too.
- Instant Pot chicken parmesan is great
- 5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes are quick and easy
- Pressure cooker pork chops take under 30 minutes to make and are great too
- If you have a smoker try smoking a boneless pork loin sometime too
Print recipe instructions for frozen Instant Pot pork below
I have made this with a pork tenderloin and pork loin with the weight of 2 lbs. If using a much larger piece you may have to adjust cook time a few minutes more but this size is suggested.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Frozen Pork Loin
Frozen Pork Loin in Instant Pot
- Whisk together all ingredients and pour into pressure cooker.
- Unwrap your frozen pork loin and place it into your pot.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 20 minutes followed by 20 minutes of natural releasing the steam.
- Open lid, lift loin out and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Pour juice from pot on top once sliced and served with mashed potatoes or other sides.