If you’re looking for a great vegetable side dish you can make in your pressure cooker this Instant Pot spinach recipe is great. Add bacon and it’s great.
Are you all about using your pressure cooker nowadays?? I know I am. I have made over 101 easy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom and here is one focusing on vegetables! Ok so you can make this the healthy way or add a bit of bacon and/or diced pork and add a lot of flavor to it too. Either way this Instant Pot spinach recipe is a great side dish, or meal really, you can make in just minutes.
- I will admit, I wasn’t a huge fan of vegetables when I was younger but after my mom served this easy spinach quiche over and over again that became of favorite of mine and I’ve been trying to incorporate more veggies in our meals ever since then.
Now my kids would probably rather eat a whole plate of vegetables instead of meat, go figure.
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot spinach.
You shouldn’t have trouble finding fresh spinach in the store and it is really healthy for you so pack it in! Like I said, if you’re going for the really healthy side dish then skip the pork entirely but let me tell you it adds a wonderful flavor and aroma to this side dish.
Diced bacon or salted pork pieces work well if you’re going that route, or leftover ham bits would work great as well if you’re making this after the holidays.
I’ve thought to add diced mushrooms into the mix as well but haven’t done that. If you do let me know how it turns out with that mixture.
This is what you need to make Instant Pot spinach
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Diced bacon or salted pork
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chili powder – optional
This is how it turns out!
Full of flavor and a great side dish with dinner or served during the holidays for sure.
If you’re looking for more Instant Pot vegetable recipes we have a lot more too, and a few more you’ll love
- How to cook spaghetti squash fast in your Instant Pot
- Pressure cooker pumpkin is so easy in your pressure cooker
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts are great too
- Here is how to cook Instant Pot greens or this easy creamed spinach recipe on the stovetop too
If you want to make a few different kinds of Ninja Foodi spinach you can make it this way or create air fryer spinach as well.
Remember that these instructions work in a Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi as well.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Here is a printable recipe for you too……
Instant Pot Spinach
- 8 c spinach fresh leaves
- 1/2 c bacon or salted pork, diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3/4 c chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or cajun seasoning, optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes stirring on and off until pork is cooked and onions are softened. Turn pot off/cancel button.
- (deglaze your pot, link to how to do this in post) – basically you add chicken broth, scraping bottom of pan and stirring.
- Add spinach to the pot and then add seasonings. Turn pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 4.
- Do a quick release when done and serve!
Thursday 24th of September 2020
Made this for my friend and I. It was so yummy! I LOVE ❤️ my instant pot!!!!!
The Typical Mom
Friday 25th of September 2020
Glad it was a hit
Saturday 8th of February 2020
I made this tonight for my husband. He really liked it. However, I think one and a half cups chicken broth was way too much. I had to strain it before I could put it on a plate. That was the only thing I saw when with his recipe though.
Friday 6th of March 2020
It says 3/4 cup broth NOT more
Patricia R Clark
Sunday 9th of February 2020
I agree. I just made it for dinner and it was delicious! I used a 3 qt pot and I also had to drain it but is was sooo good.
Friday 14th of December 2018
Trying to delete comment ?. I promise I can read ;).
Friday 14th of December 2018
Hi, when do I add in the vegetable broth? I am not adding the meat. Thank you!