If you’re looking for a great vegetable side dish you can make in your pressure cooker this Instant Pot spinach recipe is great. Add bacon and it’s great.
Are you all about using your pressure cooker nowadays?? I know I am. I have made over 101 easy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom and here is one focusing on vegetables! Ok so you can make this the healthy way or add a bit of bacon and/or diced pork and add a lot of flavor to it too. Either way this Instant Pot spinach recipe is a great side dish, or meal really, you can make in just minutes.
- I will admit, I wasn’t a huge fan of vegetables when I was younger but after my mom served this easy spinach quiche over and over again that became of favorite of mine and I’ve been trying to incorporate more veggies in our meals ever since then.
Now my kids would probably rather eat a whole plate of vegetables instead of meat, go figure.
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot spinach.
You shouldn’t have trouble finding fresh spinach in the store and it is really healthy for you so pack it in! Like I said, if you’re going for the really healthy side dish then skip the pork entirely but let me tell you it adds a wonderful flavor and aroma to this side dish.
Diced bacon or salted pork pieces work well if you’re going that route, or leftover ham bits would work great as well if you’re making this after the holidays.
I’ve thought to add diced mushrooms into the mix as well but haven’t done that. If you do let me know how it turns out with that mixture.
This is what you need to make Instant Pot spinach
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Diced bacon or salted pork
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chili powder – optional
This is how it turns out!
Full of flavor and a great side dish with dinner or served during the holidays for sure.
If you’re looking for more Instant Pot vegetable recipes we have a lot more too, and a few more you’ll love
- How to cook spaghetti squash fast in your Instant Pot
- Pressure cooker pumpkin is so easy in your pressure cooker
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts are great too
- Here is how to cook Instant Pot greens too
Here is a printable recipe for you too……
Instant Pot Spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes stirring on and off until pork is cooked and onions are softened. Turn pot off/cancel button.
- (deglaze your pot, link to how to do this in post) - basically you add chicken broth, scraping bottom of pan and stirring.
- Add spinach to the pot and then add seasonings. Turn pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 4.
- Do a quick release when done and serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉