If you’re hesitant to try brussels I’ll make you a believer with this easy Instant Pot brussel sprouts with bacon recipe! Perfect side dish I tell you.
Do you love brussels sprouts or have you even tried them?? I will say it took until I was an adult to actually give them a shot. I’ll also say it is all in how you cook them and what you add to the pot that determines just how delicious they will become. Adding all my favorite flavors together, we created this easy Instant Pot brussel sprouts recipe. Even my kids loved them….seriously!! One of our favorite vegetable Instant Pot recipes now.
Look at them!!!
Yes bacon is a must, okay and butter.
With seasonings and all the goodness steamed to the perfect tenderness in your pressure cooker. These Instant Pot brussel sprouts will become your go to bacon and brussels recipe.
I picked up a bag in my grocery store which was about 2 lbs. or so and ended up using the whole thing.
- Cutting brussel sprouts in half is key to making sure they are steamed to perfection.
Of course you will get a variety of sizes so the small ones will become more tender than the monsters. But the mixture of textures works great.
Once you’ve rinsed and cut them you’ll throw them in your pressure cooker vegetable steamer basket with a little water. This is your first step……
Once that is done then you saute together all your add ins. Next you’ll mix them all together and serve immediately for the best taste and texture.
This is what you need to make our easy Instant Pot brussel sprouts
- Instant Pot – I have the 6 qt. version
- Brussels sprouts – steam as many as you like, just don’t pass the top of your basket much
- Vegetable steamer basket
- Shallots – could use diced onion
- Parmesan – we like lots on top
- Garlic salt & salt – everyone is different so use these according to taste, can salt at the end if you wish
When I started this I referred back to my Instant Pot vegetable cook times printable and decided to put them in for 3 minutes which was perfect but I did cook quite a lot so if you are cutting this in half I would set it to pressure high for 2 minutes.
- Everyone has a different preference as far as how tender you like vegetables too so that comes into play but 2-3 minutes is how long to cook brussel sprouts in a pressure cooker.
Here is the full printable Instant Pot brussel sprouts recipe. I also have a video showing you how to make pressure cooker brussels and bacon:
If you’re ready to try other Instant Pot vegetable recipes here are a few
- Try our Instant Pot spaghetti squash!
- Cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower is seriously amazing
- This creamy baked brussel sprouts and cauliflower recipe is great
- Here are 18 other ways to cook brussel sprouts you will love!
- and more seasonal foods on our July Instant Pot recipes post.
We’ve even made air fryer brussel sprouts!
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Wash and cut your brussel sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Put a vegetable steamer basket at the bottom of your Instant Pot with 1.5 c. water.
- Put your cut brussels into your basket and close the lid and steam valve.
- Set to pressure high for 3 minutes, if cutting this recipe in half I would set to 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release, take out basket with vegetables and drain liquid in the pot.
- Put pot back in and set to saute normal.
- Add 1 tbsp. of your butter and your diced bacon.
- Cook until bacon is almost done and then add your shallots for last minute, then add the last stick of butter so it melts.
- Once your butter is melted and bacon is done cooking to your liking turn your pot off.
- Put your cooked brussels sprouts back into your pot and gently stir so they are all coated with your bacon/butter mixture. Squeeze your lemon juice on top, sprinkle seasonings and gently toss again.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and chives if desired.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉