If you’re hesitant to try brussels I’ll make you a believer with this easy Instant Pot brussel sprouts with bacon recipe! Perfect side dish in your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker I tell you.
Adding all my favorite flavors together, we created this easy Instant Pot brussel sprouts recipe. I will say it took until I was an adult to actually give them a shot. I’ll also say it is all in how you cook them and what you add to the pot that determines just how delicious they will become. Even my kids loved them….seriously!! One of our favorite vegetable Instant Pot recipes now. (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
Look at these brussel sprouts in an Instant Pot!!! Yes you can make them as an easy Ninja foodi recipe too.
- Yes bacon is a must, okay and butter. It’s one of the most delicious recipes we’ve made in our multi cooker yet.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot brussel sprouts recipe
I picked up a bag in my grocery store which was about 2 lbs. or so and ended up using the whole thing. I’ll tell you that I didn’t eat these growing up. My dad loved them and Mom hated the smell, she turned me off.
I wouldn’t even give them a real solid chance until I was an adult and was bound and determined to make them really GREAT! This was it.
Really, I mean how can anything mixed with bacon and butter be bad anyway right??
With a little tweaking I tasted, adjusted, tasted again and OH MY even my 11 year old said they were delicious. I’m serious. My husband is a super picky eater too and I convinced him that we should make these weekly.
From there I went all out and made ALL THE THINGS with these little babies. Next to this one, we are totally obsessed with these air fryer brussel sprouts too. Try them both if you have a Foodi.
Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts
- Cutting brussel sprouts in half is key to making sure they are steamed to perfection.
- I mean it kinda’ makes sense right? It’s hard otherwise to get the very center nice and soft like you’ll want them to be.
Of course you will get a variety of sizes so the small ones will become more tender than the monsters. But the mixture of textures works great.
Once you’ve rinsed and cut them you’ll pressure cook them in your vegetable steamer basket with a little water. This is your first step……
Once that is done then you saute together all your add ins. Next you’ll mix them all together and serve immediately for the best taste and texture.
Pressure Cooker brussel sprouts
- Instant Pot – I have the 6 qt. version
- Brussels sprouts – steam as many as you like, just don’t pass the top of your basket much
- Vegetable steamer basket
- Shallots – could use diced onion
- Parmesan – we like lots on top
Garlic salt & salt – everyone is different so use these according to taste, can salt at the end if you wish
There is a printable recipe below at the bottom of this post. Here is a quick step by step though so you can get an idea of how we did this:
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
Add brussels that have been halved into your steam basket with a cup of water underneath.
Set to high pressure for 3 minutes with a quick release. Everyone has a different preference as far as how tender you like vegetables. 2 – 3 minutes is perfect for us.
Remove, drain, and set pot to saute. Add butter and diced bacon. You can substitute some olive oil if you’d like to decrease the amount of butter listed below.
Cook bacon. When done to your liking add back in your brussels and gently stir.
For crispier roasted brussel sprouts close your Crisp Lid on a Ninja Foodi, or put under your broiler at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
Instant Pot brussel sprouts
- Try our Instant Pot spaghetti squash!
- Cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower and how to cook a whole cauliflower are here
- This creamy baked brussel sprouts and cauliflower recipe is great
- Here are 18 other ways to cook brussel sprouts you will love!
- and more seasonal foods on our July Instant Pot recipes post.
We’ve even made oven roasted brussels sprouts that my kids love!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Wash and cut your brussel sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Put a vegetable steamer basket at the bottom of your Instant Pot with 1.5 c. water.
- Put your cut brussels into your basket and close the lid and steam valve.
- Set to pressure high for 3 minutes, if cutting this recipe in half I would set to 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release, take out basket with vegetables and drain liquid in the pot.
- Put pot back in and set to saute normal.
- Add 1 tbsp. of your butter and your diced bacon.
- Cook until bacon is almost done and then add your shallots for last minute, then add the last stick of butter so it melts.
- Once your butter is melted and bacon is done cooking to your liking turn your pot off.
- Put your cooked brussels sprouts back into your pot and gently stir so they are all coated with your bacon/butter mixture. Squeeze your lemon juice on top, sprinkle seasonings and gently toss again.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and chives if desired.