This creamy salsa verde brussel sprouts and cauliflower recipe is a great side dish or vegetarian meal that is packed with punches of flavor. If you’re not a brussels lover this roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts recipe will change you!
When making vegetables I love incorporating a delicious sauce to go with it. Not only does it give it a pop of flavor but as a mom it is a great way to get my kids to try something new. This creamy salsa verde brussel sprouts and cauliflower dish is just that. Served on top of a bed of quinoa it is a great vegetarian meal as well as a great side dish. There are only a few ingredients in this creamy salsa verde sauce, the main one being La Victoria Brand salsa verde, we chose mild but there are others that are a bit spicier. (originally published 5/17)
- I will say as I’ve gotten older I appreciate vegetables that much more and I do try to incorporate them into each meal I cook for my family so this is a great one to add to our meal plans.
I find that serving them often has created a love of vegetables in my kids and all three would rather have a plate full of them rather than meat for the most part which I think is great!
Give this easy brussel sprouts recipe from chef Ruiz a whirl and tell me what you think!
Makes a great side dish or complete meal…..
The sauce is easy to whip together in a small blender and includes fresh herbs along with your main component which is your salsa verde.
This is what you need to make this creamy salsa verde brussel sprouts and cauliflower recipe
- Brussel sprouts
- Salsa verde – we used this one
- Queso anejo – or use feta if you can’t find this
- Serve over the perfect quinoa or white rice
If you love this creamy salsa verde brussel sprouts and cauliflower recipe you’ll love these other easy recipes:
- Pressure cooker chili verde
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts
- shown below and just amazing if you have a pressure cooker
- Brussel sprouts on the grill
- Smoked brussel sprouts
Here’s the printable recipe for baked brussel sprouts and cauliflower:
Creamy Salsa Verde Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 oz baby kale
- 6 oz salsa verde
- 2 oz queso anejo (use feta if you cannot find this)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds can add to sauce if you want some added texture, or serve on top
- 6 oz olive oil 4 oz used for sauce
- Cut off bottoms of brussel sprouts slice in half lengthwise. Cut cauliflower florets into smaller bite size pieces.
- Wash all vegetables
- Toss all vegetables with 2 ounces of your olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Preheat oven to 450 and place vegetables on a cookie sheet laying flat so they do not overlap, bake for 10-12 minutes until they are browned, flipping them half way through.
- In a blender add kale, salsa verde, queso anejo, lemon, the top of your bunches (with stems removed) of basil parsley and cilantro and your remaining 4 oz. of olive oil. Leave a little bit of whole herbs for garnishes.
- Blend until sauce is smooth and then pour 3/4 of this on your vegetables. Use remainder to pour on top if desired. Serve on top of quinoa or rice, or as a side dish.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉