Frozen brussel sprouts air fryer recipe with balsamic vinegar glaze. Crispy roasted brussels is the best way of how to cook frozen brussel sprouts. Delicious vegetarian side dish we make weekly.
Making frozen brussel sprouts air fryer is the easiest healthy side dish. You just throw them in rock hard and they will be tender inside and crispy crunchy on the outside. Easy balsamic glaze instructions included too. One of many easy air fryer recipes we love. (affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
You may have cooked air fryer brussel sprouts already, but those were fresh and/or thawed out. Now that it is winter time and produce is slim at the store, you’re all about frozen vegetables now. It is easier to make than you think really.
Make them simple with these two items whisked together, or just sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve as is. I didn’t acquire a taste for these babies until I was in my 40’s but not I cannot get enough of them in all sorts of ways.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- This is the best air fryer cookbook. It’s important to know and remember how to preheat air fryer for best results.
- Here’s a printable free air fryer cooking time chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page below where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
Frozen Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Where do you find these? If you have only bought veggies fresh or canned, frozen is so much better than the latter. I’m talking everything is better than out of a can. Submerged in water always makes a softer, soggy texture…that’s a no go for me.
This even goes for air fryer corn. It only takes a few more minutes than if you bought it fresh and most times you wouldn’t even know the difference in the end. You will want some liquid of sorts on the outside to keep them moist though. If you only want seasonings, and aren’t a fan of vinegar then drizzle with olive oil first.
I like this or avocado oil which will add a bit of moisture and allow the garlic salt or whatever you want to use to stick to the outsides of your air fryer frozen vegetables well. Once your air fryer basket is preheated it only takes about 15 minutes to cook roasted brussel sprouts perfectly. Add more time if you want the outside crunchier.
How to roast frozen brussel sprouts
You may have only only cooked brussel sprouts in the oven. That was how I did it for years and years until I got this little kitchen appliance. I started with this pressure cooker and air fryer and then my Cosori arrived. Now I have two so I can cook two things at once, yes my oven is jealous. This is what you’ll need:
- Bag of frozen brussel sprouts
- these are whole, if they’re halved I would adjust timing to closer to 12 minutes cook time
- Balsamic vinegar
- Melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
What else you can add to make them over the top and “fancier”.
- Walnuts are great
- Dried cranberries are my favorite
- Pumpkin seeds some people like to add
- Sprinkle in some sunflower seeds out of the shell to add some texture
Want to try this in your oven too? Try roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar instructions instead. Anything else you love with this?
Ninja Foodi Frozen Brussel Sprouts
I have provided a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for you. Of course we love to “see you” so you can just come back time and time again for instructions. I want to show you how easy this is though so I’m sharing a quick step by step here:
- First you want to preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. In a large bowl mix together all of your ingredients.
- Pour into your air fryer basket. Spread out so they are in a single layer. Air fry frozen brussels for about 15 to 20 minutes shaking the basket every 5 minutes or so.
- Check for tenderness at the end. If you want them crispier, increase temperature to 400 for about 3 minutes or until as crispy on the outside as you want.
- * If you want to add nuts and/or dried cranberries toss with 1 more tbsp. butter and vinegar. Then add after min. 10 and toss so everything is coated.
I would season with salt, pepper, garlic powder at the very end. Some may want less or more seasoned so I like to do that at the end to taste. If you need them gluten free you can add whatever appropriate sauce(s) combination that works for you.
Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
If you do not care about the outside having a different texture you can enjoy our Instant Pot brussels sprouts recipe here. Those are good too and we use a lot of butter, oh my my mouth waters just thinking about them. Any way you make them, if you should have leftovers they save quite well to enjoy them the next day.
To save leftovers you should wait until they are at room temperature. Then I like to use a freezer bag so you can really suck all of the excess air out first. Then store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in your Ninja foodi or AirWave at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, shaking halfway thorough that time. This will get them crispy again.
After you make them this way you can transfer to a pan and make creamy cast iron brussel sprouts and air fryer frozen okra thereafter.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Brussel Sprouts Air Fryer
- 4 c brussel sprouts whole, frozen
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. In a bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Pour into air fryer, spread out so there is little overlap. Cook for 15 minutes shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
- Check for tenderness. If you want them crispier at the end increase temperature to 400 for about 3 minutes or until as crispy on the outside as you want.
- * If you want to add nuts and/or dried cranberries do so after minute 10. First toss with 1 more tbsp of melted butter and vinegar so everything is coated. Pour in, shake basket and continue cooking until veggies are softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Saturday 12th of February 2022
Thank you for air fryer instructions. I to have acquired the taste of these little babies in my 40's :)