Air fryer frozen vegetables are easy and quick to cook. From cauliflower to broccoli, okra, potatoes, brussel sprouts and mixed veggies.
Looking for information on how to cook air fryer frozen vegetables? We have help for you! It is so easy and comes out so good you may never bother with fresh produce ever again. Now you can have crispy veggies year round cooked this way. Just one of many easy air fryer recipes on our site. (affiliate links present)
Frozen Vegetables in Air Fryer
So you’re new to using this countertop appliance and wondering why it’s so great. You’ve made chicken wings like everyone has been raving about but what else?? I could go on and on about that question but I will just say, you can air fry everything my friends, including frozen veggies.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
I started my journey with mixing zucchini, squash and mushrooms. Those were fresh and SO amazing that I thought about other versions of air fryer vegetables I could make. I then thought about other fresh produce like broccoli and carrots but then it dawned on me that I wouldn’t have a lot of access to those in the Winter time.
I mean yes I’d be able to buy them but a lot of times they really do not look appetizing or fresh at all, frozen is usually where my mind goes. Not only do we live in snow country but it is small-ish town in Northern Idaho, so not near any farms other than potatoes. 😉
Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes
Let’s start with those to begin with. Surely you’d be able to make baked potatoes year round but how about frozen french fries in air fryer? OR if you want to cook air fryer frozen hashbrowns for breakfast you may need a bit of help with those.
Shredded like this or smaller diced pieces turn out quite well in this little thing. Defrosts with a bit of time, shake it a few time throughout the cooking process to get tender, and then spray with olive oil to get crispy on top. You can even add a layer of cheese to the top at the very end. Let it melt and OH MY, I mean I bet you can smell them now.
How to cook frozen vegetables in air fryer
Find the type you want instructions on and click on the blue link. It will take you to that specific post with ingredients you’ll need and detailed instructions. I was a beginner not that long ago so I like to really explain things well for every reader out there.
The general rule though is to toss with some olive oil, seasoning, preheat your machine and throw them right in. Since they need time to “thaw” you’ll want to shake the basket at least once during the cook time. To make the contents more crispy use a light spray of olive oil on the top. That is a general rule for just about all of them.
Let’s talk about frozen cauliflower in air fryer now. This is a low carb and healthy choice you can add a lot of flavor to.
How do you cook frozen vegetables without getting soggy?
Yes you can throw them into a pot of boiling water to cook. That will get them tender, but no crisp on the outside at all. This way you get both aspects in less time than you would if you waited for bubbles to be consistent.
How do you steam frozen vegetables in an air fryer?
You aren’t really steaming them per say but nonetheless it works quite well. You just want to preheat machine to 400 degrees for 5 minutes, cook for 10 minutes with a spritz of olive oil in basket and on food. Shake basket twice during the process and then season and serve.
If cooking only one type of veggies in the air fryer, we actually love air fryer frozen brussel sprouts. Add a bit of balsamic glaze when done and OH MY heavens what a side dish.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Vegetables
All air fried frozen vegetables can be made in any brand you might have at home. I have a Cosori, AirWave and Ninja Foodi as well. I know, a little obsessed but I am a food blogger so that is my excuse. lol. There is not a lot of difference other than the size of the air fryer basket between these.
If you are looking for how to cook air fryer frozen broccoli there are instructions from a friend here. This will need a bit of oil to keep the florets moist.
Frozen green beans in air fryer are similar to all the others, you just:
- Preheat machine to 400 for 5 minutes
- Toss beans with 2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with seasonings of your choice
- Spray basket with olive oil
- Add food, lay in single layer and cook for total of 8-10 minutes
- Open basket and toss to rotate after minute 4 or 5
Here are instructions if you want to make just a bag of frozen mixed vegetables air fryer style;
Cooking Frozen Veggies
Cooking frozen food has never been easier. We even have a post about cooking frozen meat to tender all sorts of ways. Pair any or all of these cooked vegetables with a protein and enjoy. Nutritious, gluten free side dish done in about 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
- 1 bag frozen vegetables mixed and diced
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray inside of basket with olive oil spray.
- Pour frozen veggies into basket and spread out so they overlap the least amount possible.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes total. Shake basket after minute 4 and spray top contents with olive oil spray. Check after minute 8 to see if they are as tender as you'd like. If not add 1-2 minutes.
- If you want the edges crispier, spray with olive oil spray again for another minute.