Tender savory air fryer carrots are easy to make and a healthy side dish even your kids will love. Made in 16 minutes with tons of flavor.
I was surprised at how much I liked the way these air fryer carrots turned out! Made savory but could be sweet with a bit of brown sugar, they have a great texture and flavor. One of our easy air fryer recipes we love. (affiliate links present)
I will start by saying I am not a fan of cooked carrots BUT these turned the page for me. I’ve made them several times this month already.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
It is up to you what type you use. I grabbed a bag of baby carrots which need NO prep whatsoever. If you think that whole is best then by all means use those, you’ll just have to peel and slice them into smaller pieces.
Here are a few questions you might have to begin with:
It isn’t necessarily steaming because you’re not adding water into the bottom. We did do that when making air fryer broccoli, I didn’t find liquid necessary for these. Hot air makes them tender enough.
This is all we needed to make this….I know, so simple.
Carrots in Air Fryer
Ingredients we used but of course the choice of seasonings are up to you. I think shredded parmesan sprinkled on top of most air fryer vegetable recipes is amazing but optional.
- Bag of baby carrots
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
One key to getting the oil and seasoning to stick on well and keep these babies nice and hydrated is to dry them first.
Use a few paper towels on the bottom and the top and press down as you see here. Then mix everything in a bowl and you’re ready!
If you make this vegetable quite often you probably have your favorite items to throw on top. If you swear by some chopped cilantro, do it! Onion salt instead of garlic, totally a great swap in.
I list below in the printable recipe card what I prefer but even I will use this and that depending on what I have on hand at the time.
Another trick to remember when you air fry everything is to ensure your food is in a single layer inside your air fryer basket. This is important to ensure they get hot air all the way around each piece.
You should always try to preheat for a good 5 minutes before adding your cut carrots too. This way your food cooks evenly from the start to the finish of your entire cooking time.
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
You can print recipe below but here is a quick step by step of how easy it is to make.
Time needed: 16 minutes.
Air Fryer Carrots
Pour bag of baby carrots on a few paper towels. Place a few on top and press down to remove water from outsides.
Pour in a large bowl and toss to coat with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper / any seasonings you love. Stir.
Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. Pour carrots in basket, overlap least amount possible.
Remember there is always variations in the total cook time. This will depend on how thick each piece is as well as how soft you want them.
For us 16 minutes is perfect but I like a bit of a “bite” to them, not super soft. If you’re the opposite, 20 minutes might be more to your liking. Just test after 15 and shake every 2-3 until they’re perfect for you.
What is the healthiest way to cook carrots?
This is it!! NO submerging in oil needed. It is quick, much faster than preheating and baking in an oven on a cookie sheet. Just hot air is all you need.
Ninja Foodi Carrots
How do you store cooked carrots?
Always wait until food is at room temperature before putting into freezer bag or containers free from air.
Then refrigerate and reheat on stovetop with a bit of olive oil or in microwave in 30 second intervals stirring in between each time.
Looking for air fryer dinner recipes to serve with this?
- These are great with frozen chicken breast in air fryer. Spoon bbq sauce on top and it’s a yummy duo.
- Make a batch of air fryer chicken thighs with a bit of salt and pepper for a healthy meal.
- You can find more Ninja air fryer recipes here if you have that pot.
What can I do with extra baby carrots?
This is just one easy idea. You can make this and then blend to make homemade baby food for your little one.
Our Instant Pot chicken pot pie soup is amazing as well. Whatever you do, these orange veggies have so many benefits and bring a bit of texture to meals too.
Have any other toppings or seasonings you love? Let us know so we can try your mixture and see what we think.
Air Fryer Carrots
- Pour bag of baby carrots on a few paper towels. Place a few on top and press down to remove water from outsides.
- Pour in a bowl and drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on seasonings. Stir.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. Pour carrots in basket, overlap least amount possible.
- Set to 16 minutes total. Cook for 6 minutes, then shake. 6 more minutes then open basket and spray with olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of salt. Cook additional 4 minutes or until they're as tender as you'd like.