Pressure cooker carrots can be made savory or sweet! They come out perfectly tender every single time in your Instant Pot, Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi.
If you’re looking for a vegetable side dish these pressure cooker carrots are yummy! Made sweet or savory they come out tender and delicious every time. It’s one of our favorite pressure cooker recipes we make a lot.
- It doesn’t matter what brand you have. We’ve made them in our Ninja Foodi too! If you have a Crockpot Express or Mealthy these will work great too. 😉
Looking for more things to cook in your pot…grab my cookbook here too! Lemme show you how to make them!
This is what you need to make Instant Pot carrots
This is for savory carrots. If you want to add sweetness just sprinkle brown sugar on top when they are done. OH MY either way these Instant Pot carrots are fantastic.
You begin by removing the outsides of your veggies with a peeler. This is kind of a given but let’s go step by step so nothing is forgotten.
- Slice your carrots in half so you have shorter pieces.
- Cut those in half lengthwise. Then in half again so you have sticks like you see here.
- Sliced carrots or baby carrots can be used.
- Pour your cup of water into the pot and put your carrots into a steamer basket.
- Set to high pressure for 3 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Add your butter and parsley, allow to melt.
- Squeeze with lime if you like and enjoy!
Carrots in the Instant Pot has a much faster cooking time than the stove top method.
Glazed carrots can also be made using this same cooking method. Just sprinkle 1/4 – 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Add it before the butter so everything melts together. It’s a super quick and easy way to cook carrots perfectly.
Looking for more carrot recipes?
- Of course carrot cake cupcakes are so good.
- Instant Pot minestrone soup can be packed with carrots.
- Here’s how to make honey roasted carrots in the oven.
- You can even cook this a bit longer and make Instant Pot baby food with some carrots.
Now are you looking for other easy Instant Pot recipes?
We have over 100 under 30 minute meals on The Typical Mom blog!
- Instant Pot beets , Instant Pot cauliflower and corn are great too.
- We are all about Instant Pot fish for dinner.
- Pressure cooker chicken noodle soup can be packed with carrots.
Grab your electric pressure cooker and make these pressure cooker carrots and Instant Pot squash this week!
Pressure Cooker Carrots
- Pour water into pot and lower down steamer basket. Put prepared carrot sticks inside trying to overlap the least amount possible.
- Close lid and steam valve. Set to pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Quick release steam. Lift lid and turn pot off.
- Lift carrots out, drain water in pot and put carrots into pot without basket.
- Put butter and parsley on top of carrots and put lid back on just to contain the heat and allow the butter to melt around the carrots for a min. or so.
- Lift lid, squeeze with lime and serve. * Can also use baby carrots if you'd like.