Pressure cooker carrots can be made savory or sweet! They come out perfectly tender every single time in your Instant Pot, Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi. Make them plain or as Instant Pot carrots and potatoes together.
If you’re looking for a vegetable side dish these pressure cooker carrots are yummy! Made sweet or savory they come out tender and delicious every time. It’s one of our favorite pressure cooker recipes we make a lot. (affiliate links present)
Steam Carrots Instant Pot
It doesn’t matter what brand you have. We’ve made them in our Ninja Foodi too! If you have a Crockpot Express or Mealthy these will work great too. 😉 You can make them just savory or add some brown sugar sweetness on top for a great balance.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Just a little liquid in the bottom, a vegetable basket and your veggies are needed really. Seasonings are up to you. Way faster than making them on the stovetop and healthier than boiling them too.
If you are new to pressure cooking we have a lot of easy one pot meal recipes for you here. To begin with let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Carrots
Looking for more things to cook in your pot than just main dishes and meat. There are so many more you can enjoy in this multi cooker I tell you. If you have only boiled vegetables you need to stop. You are sucking all the nutrients right out of them that way.
This is not only a time saver but creates very tender veggies that even your children who normally won’t put anything grown out of the ground inside their mouth. Choose sweet or savory, whichever you wish. Lemme show you how to make them!
Instant Pot Carrots and Onions
You could add sliced white or yellow onions into the mix if you like those together too. This is what you need to make carrots in Instant Pot. Simple is best when it comes to this veggie, similar to how we cook carrots in microwave.
- fresh is best
- dried if that is all you have
- Steamer basket
This is for savory carrots. If you want to add sweetness just sprinkle brown sugar on top when they are done. OH MY either way these Instant Pot carrots are fantastic.
Instant Pot Savory Carrots
You begin by removing the outsides of your veggies with a peeler. This is kind of a given but let’s go step by step so nothing is forgotten.
- Slice your carrots in half so you have shorter pieces.
- Cut those in half lengthwise. Then in half again so you have sticks like you see here.
- Sliced carrots or baby carrots can be used.
- Pour your cup of water into the pot and put your carrots into a steamer basket.
- Set to high pressure for 3 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Add your butter and parsley, allow to melt.
Squeeze with lime if you like and enjoy! Some like a sweeter touch with a light drizzle of honey or even real maple syrup with some butter. That way you get the savory element all at the same time with a sprinkle of salt. Add what you like after steamed carrots are done.
Instant Pot Carrots Honey
You could add a drizzle of honey in there as well. A little goes a long way so add just 2 tbsp or so and then if you want more, add it at the end when served. Carrots in the Instant Pot has a much faster cooking time than the stove top method.
Glazed carrots can also be made using this same cooking method. Just sprinkle 1/4 – 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Add it before the butter so everything melts together. It’s a super quick and easy way to cook carrots perfectly.
Looking for more carrot recipes?
- Of course carrot cake cupcakes are so good.
- Instant Pot minestrone soup can be packed with carrots.
- Here’s how to make honey roasted carrots in the oven.
You can even cook this a bit longer and make Instant Pot baby food with some carrots.
Ninja Foodi Baby Carrots
Now are you looking for other easy Ninja Foodi recipes? We have over 100 under 30 minute meals on The Typical Mom blog!
- Instant Pot cauliflower and Instant Pot corn are great too.
- We are all about Instant Pot fish for dinner.
- Pressure cooker chicken noodle soup can be packed with carrots.
How long to pressure cook carrots and celery
You could add chunks of celery as well if you wanted to. Just add them all into your basket at the same time. A healthy side dish can still taste fantastic, it’s on our list of June Instant Pot recipes because carrots are in season! Here are a few questions you may have before you get started making these;
The easiest way is to use a vegetable steamer so your veggies don’t touch the water below. In just a few minutes they will become perfectly tender.
Depending on how thick your pieces are, 3 minutes is usually perfect. Same goes for Ninja Foodi carrots and Crockpot carrots as well. I like using baby carrots really.
You can dual up and make Instant Pot broccoli and carrots together too if you wanted to.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pressure Cooker Carrots
- Pour water into pot and lower down steamer basket. Put prepared carrot sticks inside trying to overlap the least amount possible.
- Close lid and steam valve. Set to pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Quick release steam. Lift lid and turn pot off.
- Lift carrots out, drain water in pot and put carrots into pot without basket.
- Put butter and parsley on top of carrots and put lid back on just to contain the heat and allow the butter to melt around the carrots for a min. or so.
- Lift lid, squeeze with lime and serve. * Can also use baby carrots if you'd like.