This easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe is full of flavor! Healthy and vegetarian too, my kids raved that this was their favorite pressure cooker vegetable soup.
It’s soup season! This easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe has become one of our favorite healthy Instant Pot recipes because it’s full of flavor. With three kids and both of us working full time we need all the help we can get. Especially when it comes to making quick and healthy dinners. (originally published 7/17, affiliate links present)
Ok so we are a little obsessed with our new 7 in 1 device. It just makes my life so much easier!
I am always trying to think of easy recipes that my kids will love. This Instant Pot minestrone soup is yummy and I can pack it with veggies.
Believe it or not my girls actually prefer vegetables over a plate of meat any day, so they were all ready to try this vegetable soup I made.
If you’re looking to eat healthier and/or a vegetarian pressure cooker recipe this is a good one!
- Made with fresh vegetables, canned beans, and some noodles, it is on our list of cheap Instant Pot recipes we love.
- That always helps when you have a big family!
What is the difference between vegetable soup and minestrone?It’s kinda’ obvious by looking at them but basically one has pasta and beans where the other one doesn’t.
It’s essentially just a hearty version but you can decide for yourself which you like better. Of course if you need a gluten free version you can either find gluten free pasta, or eliminate them all together.
- Let’s talk about watching your weight and still eating tasty meals that are full of flavor. It is totally possible!
- Portion control is always a big part of losing weight and staying in shape (which is sometimes hard).
- There are simple devices out there though, like this EatSmart Precision Digital Kitchen Scale that help you with that!
It’s an ultra accurate, precise, and perfect for calorie or carbohydrate counting. It allows you to stop guessing about portion sizes and start living healthier.
- You can use a container and it will calculate automatically, subtracting the weight of the bowl or place food directly on the scale.
Super easy to use and very well priced. It fits right in my drawer and I can pull it out when I need it. I’m all about easy!
Sound yummy enough to try right??!! If you’re wondering how do you make minestrone soup from scratch and FAST, this is it!!
Now I want you to pack your easy Instant Pot vegetable soup with all the veggies you love!
If you like them all then throw ’em on in. If you prefer to leave out the zucchini…no problem. Make it to your liking!
- I used a can of petite diced tomatoes because that is what I had on hand but dicing your own fresh tomatoes (use the juice that comes out of them too) is wonderful.
- Using fresh vegetables are always best if they are in season for sure.
If you’re making it vegetarian just swap out the chicken broth for vegetable broth!
Here’s the printable version of our easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe and what you need:
- Kidney beans
- Garbanzo beans
- Chicken broth
- can make homemade broth
- vegetable broth or water if that is all you have
- Carrots and celery
- Diced tomatoes
- I like petite variety
- don’t use crushed tomatoes as they’ll turn to mush, not a great texture
- medium shell pasta is great
- Salt and pepper to taste
- some like adding a bay leaf
- feel free to add any other seasonings you like
Yes you could make this on the stove top on low to medium heat, boiling until noodles are tender. I personally love to pressure cook ALL THE THINGS on a winter day because it makes the cook time so short using high pressure!
- TIP: If you’re new to this type of cooking, know it takes VERY little time for pasta to get tender.
- Use my recipe notes and the exact timing I provide you or noodles will turn to mush with even 2 minutes longer.
- Pay attention to the timer and quick release right when it’s done. Sitting in the liquid much longer will make them too soft too.
Here are a few others you will love, like our Instant Pot vegetable beef soup! Similar to this one but with ground beef. Does Olive Garden Minestrone soup have meat?
They now make it vegan at all locations now actually. So if you want the previous version you’ll have to make it yourself, similar to this.
Now if you want to make an Instant Pot minestrone soup with sausage I would use the ground spicy variety. Use the same instructions as above, sauteeing the meat at the beginning until it is no longer pink. Then proceed with the other ingredients.
If you too are huddled up at home with snow outside, or just want a bowl of warm comfort food in your belly we have more! Here are a few other quick soup recipes we think you’ll like as well.
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is healthy and homemade made fast
- Delish Pressure cooker french onion soup has warm melted cheese on the top as it should
- Creamy Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup is the easiest way to make this favorite dish
- Our fave Instant Pot potato corn chowder is widely popular. I suggest adding lots of bacon to it so it’s over the top delicious!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest!
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 32 oz chicken broth (for vegetarian just use vegetable broth, if you want a darker richer soup use beef broth)
- 1/2 onion sliced or diced, your preference
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots sliced thin into dials so they become soft, or thicker dials if you want them to stay a bit firm
- 1 small zucchini cut into dials, I usually cut dials in half as well - the smaller the pcs. the softer they will be but zucchini cooks fast in the IP!
- 1.5 c petite diced tomatoes
- 1 c uncooked shell noodles
- Dice all of your vegetables and put them into your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Add your broth, cans of drained beans, and uncooked noodles, stir gently and add any herbs/spices you'd like (I usually just add salt when it is done if I feel it needs a bit).
- Close lid and and steam valve, set to pressure high, for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Carefully lift lid and serve topped with shredded parmesan and parsley if desired.