This easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe is full of flavor! Healthy and vegetarian too, my kids raved that this was their favorite pressure cooker soup.
Ok so we are a little obsessed with our new 7 in 1 device…it just makes my life so much easier! With three kids and both of us working full time we need all the help we can get, especially when it comes to making quick and healthy dinners. This easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe has become one of our favorite healthy Instant Pot recipes because it’s full of flavor and helps me on my quest to stay in shape this year! Special thanks goes out to EatSmart for sponsoring this post so we could share our recipe with you. (originally published 7/17)
I am always trying to think of easy recipes that my kids will love that I can pack with veggies.
Believe it or not my girls actually prefer vegetables over a plate of meat any day, so they were all ready to try this vegetable soup I made.
If you’re looking to eat healthier and/or a vegetarian pressure cooker recipe this is a good one! Made with fresh vegetables, beans, and some noodles it is a low cost meal which always helps when you have a big family!
Let’s talk about watching your weight and still eating tasty meals that are full of flavor…it is totally possible! Portion control is always a big part of losing weight and staying in shape (which is sometimes hard), but there are simple devices out there like this EatSmart Precision Digital Kitchen Scale that help you with that!
It’s an ultra accurate, precise to .1 ounce / 1 gram increments and perfect for calorie or carbohydrate counting. Allows you to stop guessing about portion sizes and start living healthier with little effort on your part.
You can use a container and it will calculate automatically, subtracting the weight of the bowl or place food directly on the scale.
Super easy to use and very well priced. It fits right in my drawer and I can pull it out when I need it like tonight. I’m all about easy!
Sound yummy enough yet to try??!!
Well pack your easy Instant Pot minestrone soup with all the veggies you love!
If you like them all then throw ’em on in, if you prefer to leave out the zucchini…no problem. Make it to your liking! I used a can of petite diced tomatoes because that is what I had on hand but dicing your own fresh tomatoes (use the juice that comes out of them too) is wonderful if they are in season.
If you’re making it vegetarian just swap out the chicken broth for vegetable broth!
Here’s the printable version of our easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe and what you need:
- Kidney beans
- Garbanzo beans
- Chicken broth – or vegetable broth
- Diced tomatoes
When you’ve tried this give these a whirl too
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Pressure cooker french onion soup
- Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup
- Instant Pot potato corn chowder
- Instant Pot pasta recipes
Here’s the printable recipe too:
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 32 oz chicken broth (for vegetarian just use vegetable broth, if you want a darker richer soup use beef broth)
- 1/2 onion sliced or diced, your preference
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots sliced thin into dials so they become soft, or thicker dials if you want them to stay a bit firm
- 1 small zucchini cut into dials, I usually cut dials in half as well - the smaller the pcs. the softer they will be but zucchini cooks fast in the IP!
- 1.5 c petite diced tomatoes
- 1 c uncooked shell noodles
- Dice all of your vegetables and put them into your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Add your broth and uncooked noodles, stir gently and add any herbs/spices you'd like (I usually just add salt when it is done if I feel it needs a bit).
- Close lid and and steam valve, set to pressure high, for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Carefully lift lid and serve topped with shredded parmesan and parsley if desired.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉