This easy pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup uses fresh vegetables and turns out creamy and delicious every time! Use your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express and make this tonight for dinner.
Instant Pot recipes are just the best and this pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup is top on the list of favorites. Do you love homemade soup? We sure do. Even when it is summertime our favorite meal is a warm bowl of soup with a side of bread. See what your family thinks of this one using fresh broccoli. (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
- This creamy Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup recipe uses fresh vegetables and chunks of cheddar cheese. Topped with more shredded goodness it takes this dinner over the top.
Here’s what it looks like in the first step once you add all your broccoli and cheese, we think sharp is the best but totally up to you.
Set it for a bit less time if you want a chunkier broccoli cheddar soup. If you want it very smooth as you see here just use an immersion blender at the end. Either way it is such a yummy soup in the Instant Pot for families of all kind.
- I will tell you that pressure cooking has changed my life! It’s also changed how we eat.
Before this I didn’t cook homemade meals very often. They were time consuming on the stove top and there just wasn’t time for it in the day, BUT that’s all changed. In just 15 minutes I can now make a homemade soup such as this one. It’s pretty amazing.
- You also can make this pressure cooker soup as thick as you’d like. Just add a bit more cornstarch at the very end if it’s a bit thin for you when you lift the lid off.
It is easy to adjust to your liking.
We also add a lot of cheddar cheese!!
You can use our measurements, add less, or even more. If you’re a huge cheese lover though, pile it on it. Ours comes out wonderfully creamy and cheesy for sure.
This is what you’ll need to pick up to make this easy pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup recipe
- Pressure cooker
- If you have an Instant Pot I HIGHLY recommend getting a non stick pot
- Broccoli and carrots
- I’d choose fresh vs. frozen broccoli
- Cheese – sharp cheddar is best
- Shred at least 1/4 cup more to serve on top once it is done
- Heavy cream
- Flour or cornstarch
- Can omit if making gluten free soup
- Celery is a great addition too
- Vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
We’ve gotta share our Instant Pot broccoli instructions too of course!
This really does taste like broccoli soup at Panera if you love that.
- Ready to make this in your Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi machine?? These directions will work for those too.
- If you have a pot that doesn’t have a soup button then just use pressure cook low setting instead.
Other pressure cooker recipes you’ll love:
- Instant Pot carrot soup is another great vegetable soup recipe
- Then try pressure cooker tomato basil soup
- For a heartier meal try our Instant Pot stroganoff casserole
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Here is the printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Cut the broccoli, carrots, celery and onion into small, bite size pieces. Stalks can be diced and added too!
- Add all diced vegetables into your pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- In a bowl whisk together your broth (or water), heavy cream and flour (or cornstarch) until there are no clumps remaining.
- Pour this mixture on top of everything inside your pressure cooker.
- Close lid and steam valve and push the soup button, it will automatically set to 30 minutes (if not adjust to 30).
- Do a quick release and serve. If you want it really smooth use an immersion blender. Can top with added shredded cheese if desired.