This easy pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup uses fresh vegetables and turns out creamy and delicious in your Instant Pot every time!
Here’s what it looks like in the first step once you add all your broccoli and cheese, we think sharp is the best but totally up to you.
Set it for a bit less time if you want a chunkier broccoli soup, or smoother like we made it but either way it is such a yummy pressure cooker dinner idea for families.
You also can make it as thick as you’d like, just add a bit more cornstarch at the very end if it’s a bit thinner than you’d like when you lift the lid off.
It is easy to adjust to your liking.
We also add a lot of cheese!!
You can use our measurements, add less, or even more….but if you love cheese ours comes out wonderfully creamy and cheesy for sure.
This is what you’ll need to pick up to make this easy pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup recipe
- Cheese – sharp cheddar is best
- Heavy cream
- Flour or cornstarch
- Celery and carrots are a great addition
- Vegetable broth
Here is the printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp flour or cornstarch
- 8 oz cheese shredded or cut into small chunks, sharp is best
- 3 c vegetable broth or water
- Next, cut the broccoli into small, bite size pieces. Stalks can be diced and added too!
- Add all diced vegetables into your Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- In a bowl whisk together your broth (or water), heavy cream and flour (or cornstarch) until there are no clumps remaining.
- Pour this mixture on top of everything inside your pressure cooker.
- Close lid and steam valve and push the soup button, it will automatically set to 30 minutes (if not adjust to 30).
- Do a quick release and serve, can top with added shredded cheese if desired.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉