Instant Pot carrot soup is so easy and a healthy start to any vegan or vegetarian dinner. Made with fresh vegetables and 5 other ingredients you can make it your meal tonight.
This Instant Pot carrot soup is the answer to both of those desires. Made with 6 simple ingredients that are fresh and in season. It’s a cheap Instant Pot recipe that even the youngest members in your family will enjoy. (originally published 9/19, affiliate links present)
- This time of year I’m trying to create as many healthy Instant Pot recipes as possible using what’s in season. You can make it as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe too.
Carrots are one of those vegetables that are always available which is nice. If you just can’t get enough of them, this is the best carrot soup you’ll make!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Have a little one at home but want them to enjoy the same meal?? Make this into Instant Pot baby food too!
Don’t have this kind of pressure cooker?? That’s okay, you can use your Ninja Foodi, Crockpot Express or Mealthy.
This bright orange vegetable boots immunity, they’re rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. I mean, they taste amazing too so there’s that. Make sweet or savory to your liking when making homemade.
We will show you how it is done here!! EASY as ever with fresh veggies and whatever seasonings you really love. Now you can make this cheap soup recipe right at home yourself.
Like I said, you only need a few things for this carrot recipe one pot meal.
Ninja Foodi carrot soup
- Vegetable stock or broth
- Olive oil
- Ginger if you want carrot ginger soup
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
Beyond that you’ll need a blender or immersion blender to make it smooth.
- I have even found everything at our local Dollar store which lands this on our list of cheap Instant Pot recipes too!
Yes, this is a vegan carrot soup recipe as well as a vegetarian option. Of course if you aren’t either of those it is excellent too but I say that because this dinner is something everyone can enjoy.
Creamy carrot soup
- If you want to make it like this, just add some coconut milk at the end of the cooking process before you blend it together.
This will bring a creaminess to your meal with just a touch of sweetness. Either way it is delicious and one of our favorite Instant Pot soup recipes.
Pressure cooker carrot soup
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Carrot Soup
Put Instant Pot on saute and add the carrots, onions and garlic with your oil. Cook until onions are translucent. Then add garlic and ginger for one minute of cooking. Then turn pot off.
- Add ingredients
Pour in your broth and any salt and pepper you’d like to include. I prefer to season when it is done.
Close lid and steam valve and push the soup button. Cook for 15 minutes, then allow pot to naturally release steam for 15 minutes.
Release rest of steam. Use immersion blender right in the pot to puree or wait until it cools and then pour into a blender and smooth.
Since it’s pressure cooked on high pressure essentially the carrots will be very soft when it’s done. For a chunky carrot soup then just use a mashed potato masher to break them down.
Want it creamy then use a blender. Add some coconut milk before blending if you choose to add some of that.
If you want to use your stove top you can do that as well, it will just take longer.
- Follow the steps below as far as sauteeing in a large pot.
- Add the garlic, olive oil, onions and carrots during this time until onions become somewhat clear in color.
- After adding broth put on a lid and reduce heat to low so it is at a slow simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- You’ll want to tend to it stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Keep on stove until carrots are as soft as you’d like them to be, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and add to blender, or use immersion blender inside your pot.
- Do not use this type if you are using a non stick pot.
Optional add ins:
- Touch of Tobasco if you want it hot add a few drops
- Coconut milk for a touch of sweetness and a creamy Instant Pot carrot soup
- Squeeze of 1/2 a fresh lime for an added flavor profile
These healthy meals have carrots in them too!!
- Our Instant Pot split pea soup recipe is so simple to make with dry split peas in no time.
- We share 3 pressure cooker vegetable soup recipes here. You can pack them into these!
- If you’re looking for a heartier meal, this stew has lots of veggies and meat. Serve with extra air fryer carrots to boot.
- Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup is always a winner too in our house.
Can you freeze carrot soup?
Yes! I like putting single servings into freezer containers and then pop it out into a microwave safe bowl to reheat in the microwave. Reheat in 30 second intervals stirring in between each time so it heats evenly.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Carrot Soup
- Put Instant Pot on saute and add oil, onions and carrots. Cook until onions are translucent. Then add garlic and ginger for one minute of cooking. Then turn pot off.
- Add broth and any salt and pepper you'd like to include (I prefer to season when it is done).
- Close lid and steam valve and push the soup button. Cook for 15 minutes, then allow pot to naturally release steam for 15 minutes. Release rest of steam.
- Use immersion blender right in the pot to puree or wait until it cools and then pour into a blender and smooth.