Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is a great recipe that’s healthy! It costs less than $20 for the whole meal which feeds all five of us. Done in just 20 minutes, it’s an easy Ninja Foodi ground beef dinner served as is or with side of bread.
Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is our latest creation. Cheap yet full of protein it is a favorite amongst my family members. An easy Instant Pot recipe you too should try sometime soon. (affiliate links present, originally published 7/19)
Ninja Foodi Vegetable Beef Soup
You can use any type of electric pressure cooker to make this. We have a Crockpot Express, Mealthy and Ninja Foodi as well. You can saute and brown the meat to begin with, then add the rest of the ingredients. The best way to make a one pot meal with easy cleanup.
If you are new to this way of cooking you’re in for a real treat. You can make something that would normally take hours on the stovetop to get tender, under 45 flat.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Served with a side of pull apart bread, we were set for the evening. Let us know how you “tweak” this for your family.
Ninja Foodi Ground Beef Soup
- I make this Instant Pot vegetable beef soup with fresh vegetables but frozen veggies would work. 😉 They will have a different texture though, a bit mushier.
I used what looked fresh and wasn’t expensive at the store. Literally the entire meal including the garlic rolls was about $20. It fed all 5 of us with lunch for 2 left over for the next day, I call that a major win!
I will say it took a while to get our kids to eat and really love vegetables but now they’d prefer them over a steak any day. This easy Instant Pot recipe is great for lunch, dinner, or even a potluck.
If you don’t have this amazing appliance yet you can find the Instant Pot I use here. You won’t regret buying it I promise!
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup with Potatoes
You could use canned vegetables if you wanted to. Just note that they will soften quite a bit and the texture won’t be as appealing.
- Chop all your veggies
- Put your Instant Pot using the saute function
- Cook your ground beef until it is no longer pink on the outside, remember it will continue cooking in a bit
- Add your onions and garlic until the meat is cooked
- Then add your vegetables now
- A can of diced tomatoes if you like, optional
- Your choice of broth goes in now, I like beef but could use another
- Push the soup button, or high pressure if you don’t have this
- If you like your veggies really soft leave it as is which will cook for 20 minutes.
This is how my kids like it. I prefer a bit more al dente and 10 minutes is perfect for me. Try it as is and check the tenderness for yourself and then you’ll know for next time if you’d like a few minutes more or less. At the end you’re just making the produce tender and that doesn’t take long at all.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
These are the ingredients that we used. I have used canned and fresh diced tomatoes and I like canned. They remove the skins which is important for texture of the overall dish when done. I like the petite smaller sizes but either would do just fine.
- Diced tomatoes – I like this can of petite diced
- Chicken or bone broth – really your preference, if making pressure cooker vegetarian soup then use vegetable broth
- Ground beef – can leave out if you want Instant Pot vegetarian soup
- Green beans
- You could even chop up 1/4 of a cabbage and throw that in
If you’re looking for a vegetarian Instant Pot soup recipes you can alter this one and many others to create a meatless version. A few ideas to do just that would be to;
- Omit the ground beef or meat entirely
- Substitute the beef/chicken broth for vegetable broth instead
- You could add tofu blocks at the end. When the soup is done remove lid and set to saute. Add this into the hot broth and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes until warmed and serve.
This Instant Pot vegetable ground beef soup is really delicious, and healthy too! Easily made vegetarian if you wish. We’ve added some shaved parmesan cheese to the top once served. This is a really a good addition to the meal. Serve with air fryer garlic rolls or a loaf of our beer bread and it’s the perfect meal!
Pressure cooker soup recipe
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is a given for yum
- Pressure cooker French onion soup you should try for sure
- Then try our Instant Pot lasagna soup, way easier to eat than the “norm”
Our pressure cooker barley soup is fantastic. Low in calories you don’t really need much seasonings as the ham does it for you.
Old Fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup Pressure Cooker
Note: I used all fresh vegetables. For the best result I would use fresh or frozen vegetables versus canned because of the texture (latter is much softer). BUT if that is all you have by all means use that. The pressure cooking time will not necessarily change but just note that canned may fall apart.
10 minutes on high pressure will soften any and all vegetables. Do not add veggies that will become mush though, like broccoli. Potatoes, carrots, and fresh green beans are your best options as they are firmer and take a bit longer.
- You could opt to add stew meat instead of ground beef but I would recommend dicing the pieces up rather small.
That way it will become tender when cooking at the bottom of the pot. Refer to our pressure cooker beef pot pie soup to make a stew meat version of this.
If you’d like softer vegetables allow pot to natural release for 3 minutes vs. a quick release noted. Then remove the lid and serve immediately for best results. We have a crockpot vegetable beef soup version here too.
- You’ll find more pressure cooker vegetable soup recipes here. As well as a large roundup of healthy electric pressure cooker recipes to enjoy. You just can’t go wrong with any and all of these for your family meal.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
If you wanted to start with dry beans and add those. You don’t have to soak them first.
Just use our reference of Instant Pot bean cook times and make those first. Then add them in after you’ve drained them and they’re soft with everything else.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 32-48 oz beef broth or vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 russet potato diced
- 1-2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef spicy ground sausage, or ground turkey
- 2 c green beans fresh, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp salt more or less depending on preference
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Set pressure cooker to saute and add ground beef, olive oil, garlic, and onions. Cook until pink on meat is almost gone. Turn off pot.
- Add all other ingredients on top and stir.
- Push soup button and set for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps do a quick release.
- Carefully lift the lid and serve! Add a sprinkle of shaved parmesan cheese on top, optional but great.