This easy Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is amazing! It costs less than $20 for the whole meal which feeds all five of us, it’s healthy, and the kids love it too! Done in just 20 minutes and a nutritious pressure cooker dinner that is complete as is or serve it with a side of bread for added goodness.
Oh yes the Instant Pot is my newest obsession, and it has made it much easier for me to make healthy family dinners on a regular basis. I have many Instant Pot recipes on my blog and continue to add more and more each time I cook a meal for my family, but this Instant Pot vegetable beef soup was a real hit tonight! Served with a side of garlic rolls and we were set. Super hearty soup you could make with ground beef like I did here, or make a vegetarian soup too. Here’s the recipe. (affiliate links present, originally published 1/17)
Made with fresh vegetables you can really add what you like and omit the rest.
I used what looked fresh and wasn’t super expensive at the store and literally the entire meal including the garlic rolls was about $20. It fed all 5 of us with lunch for 2 left over for the next day, I call that a major win!
I will say it took a while to get our kids to eat and really love vegetables but now they’d prefer them over a steak any day. This easy Instant Pot recipe is great for lunch, dinner, or even a potluck. If you don’t have this amazing appliance yet you can find the Instant Pot I use here...you won’t regret buying it I promise!
- Omit the ground beef
- Substitute the beef/chicken broth for vegetable broth
- Load it up with any and all vegetables of your choice
- You can also opt to try our easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe instead
This pressure cooker vegetable soup is really easy to throw together, you just:
- Chop all your veggies
- Put your Instant Pot on saute
- Cook your ground beef
- Add your onions and garlic until the meat is cooked
- Then add your veggies
- A can of diced tomatoes
- You choice of broth
- Push the soup button
- If you like your veggies really soft in your vegetable soup then leave it as is which will cook for 30 minutes.
- 30 min. is how my kids like it, though I prefer a bit more al dente and 20 minutes is perfect for me.
- You can adjust the soup time setting by just pressing soup when everything is in and then press the – sign until you get to the time you want.
- Always make sure to release the pressure / steam valve at the top before opening the lid and allow all the steam to emerge before lifting the lid.
This is what you’ll need to make this easy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Diced tomatoes – I like this can of petite diced
- Chicken or beef broth – really your preference, if making pressure cooker vegetarian soup then use vegetable broth
- Ground beef – can leave out if you want Instant Pot vegetarian soup
- Green beans
This Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is really delicious, and healthy too! Easily made vegetarian if you wish, and we’ve added some shaved parmesan cheese to the top once served and it is really a good addition. Serve with garlic bread or a loaf of our beer bread and it’s the perfect meal!
Looking for more Instant Pot soups?
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Pressure cooker French onion soup
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Instant Pot barley soup
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 32-48 oz chicken broth
- 1 russet potato diced
- 1-2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 c green beans cut into 1" pieces
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add beef, garlic, and onions. Cook until meat is not pink. Turn off by pushing cancel.
- Add all other ingredients on top and stir.
- Push soup button and set for 15 minutes. If you like soft veggies set for 20 min. interval.
- When it beeps do a slow release - move valve just slightly so steam comes out slowly.
- Carefully lift the lid and serve! Add a sprinkle of shaved parmesan cheese on top, optional but great.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉