This easy Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is a great recipe that’s healthy! It costs less than $20 for the whole meal which feeds all five of us. Done in just 20 minutes, it’s an easy electric pressure cooker ground beef dinner served as is or with side of bread.
Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is our latest creation. Cheap yet full of protein it is a favorite amongst my family members. An easy Instant Pot recipe you too should try sometime soon.
I continue to add more and more each time I cook a meal for my family. Sign up for my newsletter below so you don’t miss any!
Served with a side of pull apart bread, we were set for the evening. Let us know how you “tweak” this for your family.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
- I make this Instant Pot vegetable beef soup with fresh vegetables but frozen veggies would work. 😉 They will have a different texture though, a bit mushier.
I used what looked fresh and wasn’t expensive at the store. Literally the entire meal including the garlic rolls was about $20. It fed all 5 of us with lunch for 2 left over for the next day, I call that a major win!
I will say it took a while to get our kids to eat and really love vegetables but now they’d prefer them over a steak any day. This easy Instant Pot recipe is great for lunch, dinner, or even a potluck.
If you don’t have this amazing appliance yet you can find the Instant Pot I use here. You won’t regret buying it I promise!
Pressure cooker vegetable soup
- Chop all your veggies
- Put your Instant Pot on saute
- Cook your ground beef
- Add your onions and garlic until the meat is cooked
- Then add your veggies
- A can of diced tomatoes
- You choice of broth
- Push the soup button
- If you like your veggies really soft leave it as is which will cook for 30 minutes.
This is how my kids like it. I prefer a bit more al dente and 20 minutes is perfect for me.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Diced tomatoes – I like this can of petite diced
- Chicken or beef broth – really your preference, if making pressure cooker vegetarian soup then use vegetable broth
- Ground beef – can leave out if you want Instant Pot vegetarian soup
- Green beans
- Omit the ground beef
- Substitute the beef/chicken broth for vegetable broth
- Follow minestrone directions above
This Instant Pot vegetable ground beef soup is really delicious, and healthy too! Easily made vegetarian if you wish. We’ve added some shaved parmesan cheese to the top once served. This is a really a good addition to the meal.
Pressure cooker soup recipes
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is a given for yum
- Pressure cooker French onion soup you should try for sure
- Then try our Instant Pot lasagna soup, way easier to eat than the “norm”
Our pressure cooker barley soup is fantastic. Low in calories you don’t really need much seasonings as the ham does it for you.
Note: I used all fresh vegetables. For the best result I would use fresh vs. frozen vegetables. BUT if that is all you have by all means use those. The pressure cooking time will not change.
15 minutes on high pressure will soften any and all vegetables. Do not add veggies that will become mush though, like broccoli. Potatoes, carrots, and fresh green beans are your best options as they are firmer.
- You could opt to add stew meat instead of ground beef but I would recommend dicing the pieces up rather small.
That way it will become tender when cooking at the bottom of the pot. Refer to our pressure cooker beef pot pie soup to make a stew meat version of this.
If you’d like softer vegetables allow pot to natural release for 3 minutes vs. a quick release noted.
Then remove the lid and serve immediately for best results. We have a crockpot vegetable beef soup version here too.
- You’ll find more pressure cooker vegetable soup recipes here. As well as a large roundup of healthy electric pressure cooker recipes to enjoy. You just can’t go wrong with any and all of these for your family meal.
If you wanted to start with dry beans and add those. You don’t have to soak them first.
Just use our reference of Instant Pot bean cook times and make those first. Then add them in after you’ve drained them and they’re soft with everything else.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 32-48 oz beef broth or vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 russet potato diced
- 1-2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef spicy ground sausage, or ground turkey
- 2 c green beans fresh, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp salt more or less depending on preference
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Set pressure cooker to saute and add ground beef, olive oil, garlic, and onions. Cook until pink on meat is almost gone. Turn off pot.
- Add all other ingredients on top and stir.
- Push soup button and set for 15 minutes.
- When it beeps do a quick release.
- Carefully lift the lid and serve! Add a sprinkle of shaved parmesan cheese on top, optional but great.