Easy crock pot vegetable beef soup recipe that’s healthy and full of flavor. Just throw everything in your slow cooker and it’s done in as quick as 2 hours. There’s a vegetarian version too.
I’m all about my slow cooker! Here is an easy crock pot vegetable beef soup recipe that is easy to throw together. Pair it with a piece of bread or crackers and you have a hearty meal! One of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 4/16, affiliate links present)
- Like I said, if I can throw it in a crockpot, let it cook all by itself all day, and have it ready with really no effort on my part I’m all about it!!
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Soup is a great comfort food meal, especially during the colder months. It’s fairly inexpensive to make, it sticks with you, and kids typically love anything in soup form, at least mine do anyway.
For this easy slow cooker vegetable soup you will need some ground beef/turkey.
If you want a vegetarian homemade vegetable beef soup in the slow cooker then just leave the meat out entirely….this recipe is very versatile!
All of the veggies can be fresh, frozen, or canned. This option is nice because sometimes the grocery store has really inexpensive green beans so you might want to pick those up and use fresh, but nothing else looks great so you can get canned or frozen of the other items.
Once you cook your meat you literally throw that and all the veggies and canned tomato products in, turn on your crock pot and you’re done!
Crockpot vegetable beef soup
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes – we like this petite variety
- Ground beef – or ground turkey or sausage
- Green beans
You really could cook this on low on your stove top. Just add beef, brown the meat in your pot with some olive oil first. You could use diced chuck roast or hamburger.
- Add everything else on low until vegetables are as tender as possible as you would if it were slow cooked all day and serve with crusty bread.
Crock pot vegetable beef soup recipe
- We love corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot year round
- Whole chicken in the crockpot is great especially if you want shredded chicken tacos
- Our loaded baked potato soup is incredible
- We have a large roundup of slow cooker soups listed here too.
- This Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is similar and done in a flash
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Here is the entire slow cooker vegetable beef soup recipe below. It includes nutrition information such as calories and saturated fat. Enjoy!
Crock pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Slice vegetables, and brown meat on stovetop.
- Add all ingredients into your slow cooker and stir well. Set to low and cook for 6 hours or high for 2.5 hrs and serve!