Easy crock pot vegetable beef soup recipe that’s healthy and full of flavor. Just throw everything in your slow cooker and it’s done in as quick as 2 hours. There’s a vegetarian version too.
I’m all about my slow cooker! Here is an easy crock pot vegetable beef soup recipe that is easy to throw together, pair it with a piece of bread or crackers and you have a hearty meal! It’s a great recipe when it’s cool outside, and the combination of lots of vegetables along with the heartiness of the beef makes it really yummy. One of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 4/16)
Like I said, if I can throw it in a crockpot, let it cook all by itself all day, and have it ready with really no effort on my part I’m all about it!!
Soup is a great meal especially during the colder months because it’s fairly inexpensive to make, it sticks with you, and kids typically love anything in soup form….at least mine do anyway.
For this easy crock pot vegetable beef soup you will need some ground beef/turkey, or if you want a vegetarian vegetable soup in the slow cooker then just leave the meat out entirely….this recipe is very versatile!
All of the veggies can be fresh, frozen, or canned which is nice because sometimes the grocery store has really nice looking and inexpensive green beans so you might want to pick those up and use fresh, but nothing else looks great so you can get canned or frozen of the other items.
Once you cook your meat you literally throw that and all the veggies and canned tomato products in, turn on your crock pot and you’re done!
That’s my kinda’ recipe.
This is what you’ll need to make crock pot vegetable beef soup
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes – we like this petite variety
- Ground beef – or ground turkey or sausage
- Green beans
If you love this crock pot vegetable beef soup recipe you should try my
- corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot
- whole chicken in the crockpot
- loaded baked potato soup
- This Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is similar and done in a flash
Here is the entire vegetable soup recipe.
Crock pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 48 oz chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegetarian, use more if you want it thinner
- 1 potato diced
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 c green beans can use frozen
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 ears corn remove kernels
- Slice vegetables, and brown meat on stovetop.
- Add all ingredients into your slow cooker and stir well. Set to low and cook for 6 hours or high for 2.5 hrs and serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉