The best totally loaded cowboy cookies ever! Packed with chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and more. If you’ve never had one they’re a must.
These totally loaded cowboy cookies recipe is probably one of my favorites! It’s no secret that I’m a bit of a chocolate lover, and definitely need a little something sweet after dinner. These cookies bring dessert to a whole new level of YUM!! The whole definition of cowboy cookies to me is a cookie that is packed with tons of ingredients that you love. SO everyone may make them a bit differently. The general rule though is to make a super moist chocolate chip cookie and load it full of treats. We like different chocolates, nuts, coconut (my fave) and more! Let me share our recipe with you. (originally published 12/15, affiliate links present) 😉
- I have made these with a bit of ground coffee from time to time too. Yes they provide a pick me up when you do that.
This totally loaded cowboy cookie recipe is great to make when you’re bringing some goodies to a friend’s house for the holidays or having a potluck. You can also wrap a few up for a few Teacher’s gift, or just enjoy them for yourself.
You’ll add most of your dry ingredients – flour mixture into one bowl. Then blend the butter, sugars, add eggs (1 egg and 1 yolk) and mix in another large bowl. An electric mixer is better than elbow grease. Next mix them together and add all the yummies to make it “cowboyified”! Quite frankly I’m not sure how these cookies got their name. In my mind a cowboy cookie just means you throw everything your heart desires into it to make it full of goodness.
- The best addins we say are oats coconut and pecans. Beyond that throw in all the goodies in your pantry!
- Make sure you preheat oven to 350 degrees while you’re mixing so they bake properly.
I have added 1/2 cup of raisins at times too but I didn’t have that on hand so it got left out this time. 1/4 cup or more of coconut is heavenly + peanut butter chips are amazing! I could go on and on. Let’s have a rundown on how you make these shall we…….
Take them out when the edges are just browned. Let them sit on the baking sheets and continue to bake a few minutes longer outside of the oven. That will keep these totally loaded cowboy cookies nice, soft, and moist!
- At Walmart they have these cute clear bags in the party section for just $.99 for 12 of them. Pick up a roll of ribbon in their fabric section for $.99 and you have the perfect “wrapping” for these babies.
Totally Loaded Cowboy Cookies
- Butter – room temperature
- Brown sugar
- Add ins
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
I hope you enjoy your holidays. With all the family, shopping, and kids having weeks off at a time you may need a few batches of these to keep you going! 😉
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
- 3/4 c softened butter
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c raisins optional
- 1/2 tbsp ground coffee optional if you want them caffeinated
- 1 c chocolate chips we like semi sweet
- 1/2 c coconut
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts or other nuts
- 1 c butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips
- 1/2 c rolled oats optional but good
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and coffee grounds if you're adding that together.
- Set aside. In the bowl mix together butter and sugars, then add your egg yolk and 1 egg, vanilla, and mix until creamy using a mixer.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until it is combined well. Mix in your chocolate chips and any other ingredients you might like.
- These cookies are all about adding as much as you want and things you love.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until edges are barely browned, do NOT overcook! They will look wet in the center when you take them out but allow to cool on pan to stiffen and be really soft when you eat them. If you like crunchier cookies cook for 12 minutes, we like ooey gooey.