Frozen hashbrowns air fryer style come out perfectly tender but crispy on the outside. How to cook shredded and hash brown patties is here.
If you haven’t tried frozen hashbrowns air fryer style you’re missing out. Breakfast in an air fryer is easy and less messy than on the stovetop. Get that crunch you love on a flat top grill but way easier. This one one of many easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (post may contain affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Frozen Hashbrowns
If you don’t have time to make homemade air fryer hash browns with potatoes, this is the ultimate answer to the perfect breakfast. Smother with cheese or just with ketchup these go with egg bites perfectly.
Pop this bag or patties in the air machine while you get to frying that bacon and enjoy with your family this week.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
How to Cook Frozen Hash Browns
If you haven’t cooked frozen food in an air fryer it is really a game changer. NO need to remember to defrost anything anymore. Just snip open the bag or box of air fryer frozen chicken nuggets and throw those babies in for a quick snack. So much better than using a microwave, this is a great appliance to take for quick rv meals too.
This is all you need to get started:
- Shredded or hashbrown patties
- I have instructions for cubed style at the bottom of this post too
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- If you want to add some shredded cheese at the end that is a great add in
- You could toss bacon bits into the mixture too if you wanted to
If you have a deep freezer is easy side dish great to buy in bulk and pull out when you have the opportunity to eat together. That has become a priority in our house.
In the past the answer was easy, in a pan on your stovetop. You can still do this with some butter in the pan but now you can divide and conquer with eggs in your pan and potatoes in your air fryer machine! That way everything is done at the same time and there is NO need to defrost before cooking them this way.
Which are the best hash browns to buy?
If you live in a smaller town like we do you may not have a huge choice when it comes to brands. Typically I can get store brands (which in this case doesn’t make much of a difference), and maybe one other. If you’re in a larger area you may be able to find the popular Joint Winner or Iceland brands.
You can see which I bought here. Like I said, there isn’t a ton of difference when it comes to shredded and/or diced potatoes. Unless there is some special seasoning on it they are basically all the same. Potato recipes are pretty bland, it’s up to you to amp them up really.
You can sprinkle salt and pepper on the top of them at the beginning, and again after you flip them. Typically I will add even more when they’re served too with ketchup. If you want to sprinkle some shredded cheese on top that is a real winner. Do this during the last 2 minutes so it can melt and crisp up just a bit.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Hashbrowns
- If you’re using shredded you’ll want to preheat air fryer to 380 degrees or for frozen hash brown patties it’s 390 F for 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Pour or place hash browns inside (with patties don’t overlap them). Spray top with olive oil spray too and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes cook time total for shredded, or 9 minutes total for patties. Flip them over halfway thru the time.
These will brown in the air fryer nicely on the outside, if you want them browner just spray again and add 2 minutes.
Air Fried Frozen Hash Browns
There is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post complete with nutritional information. You should refer to the back of the bag or package for accurate amounts though. All brands are slightly different but you’ll absolutely love any of them cooked this way.
If you want to make cubed breakfast potatoes instead of these styles, follow these instructions instead.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Hashbrowns Air Fryer
- 1 bag frozen hashbrowns 28 oz., or use 4-6 hashbrown patties
- Preheat air fryer to 380 if using shredded or 390 if using patties for 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of the basket with olive oil spray and pour or place hash browns inside (with patties don't overlap them). Spray top with olive oil spray too and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes total for shredded, or 9 minutes total for patties flipping them over halfway thru the cooking time.
- Remove and serve when they are as golden brown on the outside as you'd like.