Free dorm room checklist printable so you don’t forget a thing on move in day! What dorm room refrigerator, bedding and storage ideas are best for small spaces. Our printable college dorm checklist will keep you organized on the big day.
It’s about that time again! If you’re the parent of a college student, you might be scratching your head about what they really need. We have a printable dorm room checklist just for you! Special thanks to The Home Depot for sponsoring this post.
Dorm Room Checklist PDF
Wondering what the best back to school essentials for your child in college are? I was too the first year I dropped her off. Now that she’s a Sophomore we have a better idea of what she REALLY needed.
We thought it would be nice to share all the MUST HAVE items with you too.
I don’t know about you but especially now I am ALL ABOUT online shopping! This occasion was no exception. To get everything we needed from The Home Depot delivered to our door was amazing.
We started with brainstorming what she needed together, and then I ordered them from The Home Depot like:
College must haves
- Mini refrigerator (must be “super cute” of course)
- New bed sheets, pillows and bedding
- Set of towels
- Trash can and cleaning items
- Storage containers – BEST ever are these OXO pop containers I tell you
- Cups and glasses
- Pots and pans if living off campus, or if there is a communal kitchen in the dorms that they’re able to use
Printable College Dorm Checklist
Of course, there are many other things they will need, but likely already have. What I mean is for high school my daughter already had a computer, organizer and school supplies.
College dorm must haves go beyond that since college students are living on their own. (yes, you’re allowed to cry a bit right about now).
Let me tell you, it does get a bit easier. Knowing they won’t be home every night for dinner IS hard and changes your family dynamic.
- BUT it is fun to hear how they’re making their own meals with friends and getting to know them as adults.
Dorm Packing List
Why did I choose to shop for everything on Homedepot.com?
- Free and flexible delivery.
- Easy in-store and online returns.
- Free delivery on select orders over $45.
- Buy online and pick up in store.
- Buy online and ship to store.
- The Home Depot offers a distinct online store that has the exciting, quality products that fit your style.
- I even bought one of these retro fridges for the basement of our house! They’re perfect for back to campus but also for our home!
Dorm Room Checklist Printable
- Here is a black and white printer-friendly version of our dorm room college checklist so you won’t forget a thing!
- Just print on an 8.5 x 12″ paper and mark everything off as you go.
- THEN you’ll be sure not to forget anything and you can just focus on enjoying time with your child.
Then you can just focus on getting them all set up! If they have a kitchen they can use, maybe together you can break in their new set of Calphalon pans by cooking together.
That might make it easier (for you). 😉
Things to Bring to College
I know college shopping and packing is just the beginning. Nevertheless, the whole process is exciting.
Once you have all the dorm room essentials, start with a packing list for clothes and “extras” like a coffee maker <<<<——I definitely needed one of those.
We also have our eyes for some larger furniture items from The Home Depot for when she moves into an off-campus apartment one day. She loves their StyleWell Console Table and StyleWell Chevron Bed !
Remember on that special day to bring your camera, fun room decor and take one last tour of the campus together. Locating the health center, gym, and computer lab were top of the list her first year for sure.
- Enjoy an extra-long hug before driving off and bring lots of tissues too.
- Even though she’s been “gone” for one year already, I still tear up on moving day. She will always be my first “baby”.
Adding this language and linking out to 2 larger furniture items as per the IRD instructions.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉