How to make a home organization binder is genius and so easy to do! All 12 monthly organization printables are here to download for free too!
I like things organized. Maybe it’s the Teacher in me, but when I’ve purged what isn’t needed anymore, and organized everything that is left I feel a sigh of relief. I created monthly organization printables this year to help me to do this, and help you as well! Here’s how easy it was to create and what you’ll need to make one yourself! (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
You can see my home organization binder here above, turned to my month of February cleaning checklist.
I love being able to check off what I’ve done so I knew what was left to do during that month. Since they’re in sheet protectors I can wipe it off at the end of the month using a wet erase marker, and it’s ready for next year when that month arrived again!
You should’ve seen this before I did a bit of linen closet organization!!! (gasp)
I started with a January cleaning and purging list and after so many people asked in February for the next rooms to tackle I just kept going and here we are today….with one for each month of the year (okay in the Summer I lump a few months together to give you a break.
The idea of the home organization binder is to get you started on ALL of those things you try to avoid…but really need to be done, like cleaning out your refrigerator too!
Organized Home Binder
Important information you will want to include and how to reuse pages over and over again.
- Print out all of these Monthly organization printables
- An emergency contact sheet
- Bank account information page for emergencies
- if you’d rather keep these last two separate in a fire box you could but nice to have everything in one place…just in case….
- You might want a binder printable page with all family members birthdays on it (though I save those in my phone nowadays)
- A paper with all your password logins may be important to you, especially if you do online banking or have an online business someone else may have to take over.
- Some like to keep chore charts for kids and/or meal planning sheets / grocery lists inside too.
Then comes how to store them and write on them over and over again each year…..
How to hold them all together and keep them safe:
- 1″ 3 ring binder
- Sheet protectors
- Wet erase markers
- Baby wipes work great to wipe your marks clean, or a damp paper towel
Just slide each month inside the sheet protector, mark off what you’ve done and keep track of what is left. It has been a huge help in my home and family to have everything in one place. Call it a family binder if you will that has all details to manage your home, cleaning schedules, family life important info and weekly meals you love in it.
Easy right??!! Ready for some pantry organization this month? Add that one in there once you’re done so you can touch up the next year too.
Home Management Binder
Since I created and provided you with free printables to help you organize it isn’t expensive at all to create! Less than $15 total for all the supplies and you can use it year after year….you may already have a few of these things at home already.
Here are a few other house cleaning printables you can use too and include in your binder:
- Spring cleaning checklist is more condensed
- Printable monthly calendar pages are nice to schedule out when you are going to accomplish everything
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉