Air fryer breakfast potatoes with bell peppers topped with cheese are great with eggs, or make breakfast for dinner some night! Cheap and full of flavor.
Have you tried making air fryer breakfast potatoes yet?? There’s tons of flexibility to these. Add onions and bell peppers or not. Smother with cheese or leave plain with just salt and pepper. Either way it’s a favorite air fryer recipe here at our house. Sponsored by Washington Potatoes.
- Looking for an air fryer breakfast recipe that’s super cheap and everyone will love?
- Well, make some egg bites and throw together some of these diced potatoes.
- I assure you that everybody at your table will think you’re an amazing cook. 😉
One thing you can always find in your local grocery store, no matter what time of year, would be Washington potatoes! From russets to red potatoes, yellow, or the petite variety, they are just SO versatile!
Do NOT remove those potato skins though, you’ll lose all those great nutrients!! You also want them to stay firmer than you would if making mashed potatoes, this helps too.
Why should you eat potato skins? They really help support a healthy gut because of the fiber they contain. Eating them increases feelings of being full and satiated too. If you’re looking to get the most nutrition out of your russet, sweet, or red potatoes keep the peel on!!
- Even when making air fryer potato wedges we keep them on, so much better we say!
What nutrients are in potato skins?
- Cooked potatoes with skin are a good source of potassium and vitamin c. They also contain moderate amounts of protein and fiber, are naturally gluten free and almost fat free.
- We leave them on in our potato corn chowder too and they’re out of this world.
Let me show you what I mean by this…..
- From easy air fryer potato ideas
- To our oven baked potato casserole we made the other day
- Our slow cooker cheesy potatoes
- And these dill air fryer red potatoes we love with meatloaf, we love them all so much.
Now we are making diced potatoes in an air fryer to start our busy day. You can add ALL THE THINGS to them, like we do, or leave them plain as a side dish.
Yes you could do a bit more prep work and soften your green peppers too. If you choose to do so, this is how to blanch bell peppers. I tend to be in a hurry when using my hot air machine so I don’t bother.
These are breakfast potato ingredients you will need:
- Russet potatoes
- leave skins on, dice so they’re all the same size
- Green onion
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Large bowl to mix potatoes, peppers and onions
- Cheese is optional
- but really to me it is a must
You can add other things to your breakfast potatoes in the air fryer such as:
- Red onions
- Garlic powder
- Halved mushrooms
- Mix diced potatoes
- use some red potatoes too
- or yellow
- Feel free to add diced chives and/or green onions inside or sprinkle on top with cheese
Ok so once you have all your ingredients mixed together, you’re going to want to preheat your air fryer and cook. 400 degrees is the optimal temperature to get nicely fried potatoes in under 30 minutes.
How the cook time is going to vary:
- The larger you dice your vegetables and potatoes, the longer it will take.
- You can make different types of breakfast potatoes
- use red potatoes vs. russets but it will take a bit longer to get tender.
- yellow potatoes will be of similar cook times
- You’re going to want to shake the contents inside your air fryer basket every 5 minutes for optimal results.
- If you’ve air fried everything you know this to be true
- It gives food a chance to rotate and get crispy on all sides
- Total time to make air fryer potatoes is from 15 minutes to 25 minutes or so.
- Remove and enjoy with eggs and/or ketchup once they’re as crunchy and tender on the inside as you desire.
Yes you could make a version similar to this in your pressure cooker. They won’t be crispy though, but you should try them both! Our Instant Pot cheesy bacon potatoes are here for you to enjoy too.
- Can I cook eggs in my air fryer?
- Yes!! Try our air fryer breakfast too some morning. It is more of an omelette than anything else and packed with bacon and peppers is a great start to every morning.
Think outside of the box and try all the things in your new hot air machine my friends. If you want to stick with traditional baked potatoes those are fabulous too. Even better than baking them in your oven I tell you.
- You know that crunchy, salty outside with tender fluffy insides you get at restaurants? THIS is how you can do the same thing right at home.
- Have a holiday brunch coming up? Make our ground beef casserole with potatoes!
- Our Instant Pot soft boiled eggs are great for eggs benedict with air fryer hash browns too.
Want more easy air fryer recipes like this one? Sign up for my newsletter and get them weekly via. email.
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- In a mixing bowl add diced potatoes (with skins on), onions, green peppers and seasonings. Drizzle with olive oil and stir so everything is coated.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Pour mixture into air fryer basket and cook for 15-20 minutes shaking every 5 minutes. Take out once potatoes are tender with a fork and browned as much as you'd like.
- If you want to add cheese you can sprinkle it on the last 3-5 minutes to melt, or dump potatoes when done in a dish, sprinkle cheese on top and microwave for about 2 minutes until it is melted.