If you travel a lot like we do you need a few easy RV meals to prepare when you’re camping or on a road trip! RV meal planning is here to make it easier as well as links to easy recipes you can make when you’re glamping in your RV wherever you go. Here’s my trick to cooking an entire meal in 20 minutes each night!
If you and your family love to travel like we do you have probably used a recreational vehicle for at least one of your trips. Or if you’re intimidated about how to cook in an RV and curious about what easy RV meals would look like here are a bunch that people have raved over and say they cook them all the time when they’re camping or on road trips. I’m all about easy. I have three kids and a husband and especially when you’re away from home and in a very tight space you need recipes you can cook quickly and with the least amount of pans possible! You can find more information about road trips on our road trip blog page. (originally published 11/17)
The best investment I ever made when traveling in an RV was my Instant Pot!
- Makes everything really easy and quick to make with very little clean up.
- How I’m able to make an entire meal for all 5 of us in under 20 minutes flat when we travel in an RV!
Of course you can cook other meals in one pot which is my focus when I don’t have all the modern conveniences of home but you literally can make the same dish for usually 1/4 of the time in a pressure cooker or IP.
I will list all of the easy RV meals I’ve made, and other recipes people tell me they love while traveling below…hope it helps with your meal planning!
Here are a RV meals that work well in small spaces.
- Instant Pot oatmeal – great for breakfast and super cheap to make, add apples, brown sugar, and raisins to change it up
- Instant Pot spaghetti – literally 2 ingredients (if you don’t want meat) and done in 10 minutes.
- Instant Pot pinto bean soup
- Instant Pot split pea soup – both this and the pinto soup use dry beans which makes them cheap and easy for traveling. Takes a bit to make beans tender but seriously so easy.
- Instant Pot chili
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork is great on small tortillas or slider rolls.
- Instant Pot hard boiled eggs can be then refrigerated for breakfast, made into egg salad sandwiches for lunch or dinner, or snacks all day long.
- Instant Pot chili mac – kids’ favorite
- 3 Ingredient shredded bbq chicken – great for quick chicken tacos, just freeze chicken beforehand & store in cooler
- Instant Pot beans and rice – only needs dry and canned ingredients if you leave sausage out, or freeze and bring with you..delish
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni – like goulash but better
- Instant Pot hot dogs
- Here’s an entire list of other cheap Instant Pot recipes under $10 each meal
- See over 101 more Instant Pot recipes on our site too to choose from
If you’ve never used a pressure cooker here is a quick tutorial on how to use an Instant Pot and I will tell you it will be an amazing way of making lots of easy rv meals
Easy One Pot RV meals
- Easy bloody mary chili recipe – you don’t have to add alcohol, we don’t
- Easy sloppy joe recipe – super simple and you only need a few ingredients
- Foil packet chicken fajita dinner recipe – just throw them in your RV oven
- Half hour gumbo – make on the stovetop and use frozen chicken and/or sausage that have thawed during your trip
- Stuffed pepper casserole – skip putting it into the oven, just make in one pot, top with cheese and done
Easy Crockpot RV meals
- 5 ingredient Crockpot chili recipe – my most popular recipe no matter where you are when you cook it
- Crockpot sausage and peppers
- Crockpot loaded baked potato soup – super easy and cooks all day by itself without a lot of prep
- Crockpot split pea soup – healthy and can grab a packet of already cubed ham at the store and throw it all in
- Crockpot hamburger helper recipe – just can’t go wrong with this
- Crockpot Dr Pepper Chicken
If you’re going to be out all day a crockpot is a great way to go when you’re making easy rv meals. You can throw everything in your pot, turn it on, go out for the day and when you’re ready your meal is done. Great way to cook healthy meals too and you can cook dry beans in it as well so that would be easy to travel with and not need to be refrigerated beforehand.
- Easy French dip sliders
- Easy chicken salad sandwich recipe – can use canned chicken too
- Avocado and bacon chicken salad
If you’re able to throw all your ingredients in and have an entire meal done in under 30 minutes flat using your Instant Pot, or put it in in the morning before you leave to have fun during the day and arrive back with dinner done to perfection using your crockpot, it is all about making it easier and finding easy RV meals to focus on the fun!
What are your favorite easy RV recipes??
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉