If you travel a lot like we do you need a few easy RV meals to prepare when you’re camping or on a road trip! RV meal planning is here to make it easier as well as links to easy recipes you can make when you’re glamping in your RV wherever you go. Here’s my trick to cooking an entire meal in 20 minutes each night!
If you and your family love to travel like we do you have probably used a recreational vehicle for at least one of your trips. If you’re intimidated about how to cook in an RV here are a few easy RV meals you can try. You can find more information about road trips on our road trip blog page. (originally published 11/17, affiliate links present)
Others have raved over them and said they use these tips when they’re rv camping or on road trips. I’m all about easy.
- Whether you’re renting an rv or recently bought one, we’re here to help! Start with printing this RV camping checklist so nothing is forgotten, and here are a few dinner ideas.
The best investment I ever made when traveling in an RV was:
- My Instant Pot
- More recently I bought a Ninja Foodi and it was a game changer!!
- Makes everything really easy to clean up since everything is a one pot meal.
- Ability to make an entire meal for all 5 of us in under 20 minutes when we travel in an RV!
- Create nutritious hearty comforts from home meals easily when you’ve had a long day. Pressure cookers and the Foodi with an air fryer too are fabulous!
- If you swear by your crock pot bring that too!
Looking to cook with NO appliances (that would be tent camping for me), but we have camping food ideas too. They’re cooked over the campfire.
Of course you can cook other meals in one pot which is my focus when I don’t have all the modern conveniences of home. However you literally can make the same dish for usually 1/4 of the time in a pressure cooker which is handy. Try it on your next rv trip and see if it’s as much of a game changer for y’all too!
Easy RV meals
Microwave RV Meals
- Did you know you could make an omelette in a mug?
- Make pizza in a mug for dinner!
- or pizza quesadillas
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug.
- Amp up your ramen in a microwave with an egg even!
- Of course you can load up nachos with precooked chicken and melt the cheese!
- You can even microwave salmon for dinner!
Don’t skip dessert!! Make angel food cake for one in there too!
Instant Pot RV Recipes
- Instant Pot oatmeal – great for breakfast and super cheap to make, add apples, brown sugar, and raisins to change it up
- Simple spaghetti – literally 2 ingredients (if you don’t want meat) and done in 10 minutes.
- Healthy Instant Pot pinto bean soup
- Instant Pot split pea soup – Takes only 17 min. to make beans tender
5 ingredient Instant Pot chili uses canned ingredients and you could omit the meat if you needed a pantry meal.
- Hearty Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- This Hawaiian pulled pork is great on small tortillas or slider rolls.
- A bunch of Instant Pot hard boiled eggs can be then refrigerated for breakfast. Or made into egg salad sandwiches or snacks.
Instant Pot chili mac – kids’ favorite for sure and super cheap.
3 Ingredient shredded bbq chicken – great for quick chicken tacos, just freeze chicken beforehand & store in cooler
- Easy beans and rice – only needs dry and canned ingredients if you leave sausage out, or freeze and bring with you..delish
- Creamy Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni – like goulash but better
- Instant Pot hot dogs
- Here’s an entire list of other cheap Instant Pot recipes under $10 each meal
See over 101 more Instant Pot recipes on our site too to choose from.
If you’ve never used a pressure cooker here is a quick tutorial on how to use an Instant Pot and I will tell you it will be an amazing way of making lots of easy rv meals
One Pot RV meals
- Easy bloody mary chili recipe – you don’t have to add alcohol, we don’t
- Our Easy sloppy joe recipe – super simple and you only need a few ingredients
- Foil packet chicken fajita dinner recipe – just throw them in your RV oven
- Half hour gumbo – make on the stovetop and use frozen chicken and/or sausage that have thawed during your trip
Stuffed pepper casserole – skip putting it into the oven, just make in one pot, top with cheese and done
Slow cooker RV meals
5 ingredient Crockpot chili recipe – my most popular recipe no matter where you are when you cook it
- Sausage and peppers is highly recommended by my husband
- Crockpot loaded baked potato soup – super easy and cooks all day by itself without a lot of prep
- Easy slow cooker split pea soup – healthy and can grab a packet of already cubed ham at the store and throw it all in
- Hearty Crockpot hamburger helper recipe – just can’t go wrong with this
- The best Dr Pepper Chicken
If you’re going to be out all day a crockpot is a great way to go when you’re making easy rv meals.
You can throw everything in your pot, turn it on, go out for the day and when you’re ready your meal is done.
Great way to cook healthy meals too and you can cook dry beans in it as well so that would be easy to travel with and not need to be refrigerated beforehand.
Sandwiches & salads
- Easy French dip sliders
- Super Easy chicken salad sandwich recipe – can use canned chicken too
- If you’re bringing lunch with you put 1 plastic container inside another with ice like you see here. It will stay cold almost all day.
- Avocado and bacon chicken salad
- Of course bagged salads with some precooked chicken and salad dressings can be a quick meal. Keep those in your fridge for easy nights.
If you’re able to throw all your ingredients in and have an entire meal done in under 30 minutes it’s a win.
The last thing you want to do is have to drag out a cast iron pan with olive oil and cook when you’re exhausted. At least I don’t want to! Those items are great if a campfire is all you have though. Just a tip.
What are your favorite easy RV recipes??