These 2 Instant Pot oatmeal recipes only take 5 minutes to cook and taste amazing! An easy pressure cooker breakfast that the whole family will enjoy and is a healthy meal too. Try apple cinnamon oatmeal or pumpkin oatmeal this morning and let us know what you think!
Ok, so I’m obsessed with my Instant Pot…do you have one yet??! If you don’t I’ll share below which one I have and where to get one. They are amazing when cooking anything FAST! I mean I have been a slow cooker person for years and years and still love it if I am away all day and can throw it in and not touch it, but sometimes I am last minute in what I want to eat and this cooks almost everything in less than 30 minutes, and just 5 minutes for this Instant Pot oatmeal that I packed with diced apples and cinnamon and made a pumpkin oatmeal version too. It’s one of our favorite breakfast Instant Pot recipes! (originally published 2/17)
We love oatmeal in the morning, especially on the weekends. Yes my kids even give an “MMmmmmmm” when they see that’s what we are having!
With all the goodies you can add in oatmeal can be quite flavorful as well as a healthy breakfast option.
This Instant Pot oatmeal recipe is great because we added cinnamon and chunks of fresh apple to give it some added sweetness (I added some raisins to the top too instead of cooking them within because Daddy doesn’t care for them).
It just takes 5 minutes in your Instant Pot, this is the pressure cooker I have.
Here’s a video showing you how to make Instant Pot oatmeal right in the pot, there are pot in pot directions below recipe card too.
Now if you’re looking to make pumpkin oatmeal you will need the following ingredients
- 2 c. Quick oats
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree – out of the can or here is how to make Instant Pot pumpkin puree
- 4 c. almond milk – or regular milk but almond milk is best for flavor
- Brown sugar
- Honey roasted pecans
Directions to make Instant Pot pumpkin oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients except add ins to an oven safe bowl that fits inside your IP like this dish
- Pour 1 c. water into your Instant Pot
- Place dish on top of a trivet
- Close your lid and steam valve
- Set to high pressure for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release
- Transfer to a cool bowl (so you don’t burn yourself eating out of the dish inside your pressure cooker)
This is what you’ll need to make this easy apple cinnamon Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Oats – not instant
- Brown sugar
- Apple – optional
- Raisins – optional
If you’d like to make Instant Pot oatmeal using a pot in pot method this is how you do it.
- Use an inner pot that will fit inside your pressure cooker like this 7″ one
- Mix in 1 cups of oats & 2 cups of almond milk or water (almond milk makes it creamier) together
- Put a trivet at the bottom of your Instant Pot
- Pour 1.5 c. water in
- Lower your bowl with oatmeal inside on to your trivet
- Close lid and steam valve and set on high for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release and serve.
If you have a Crock Pot Express or other brand of pressure cooker the directions should work the same, just needs high pressure for 5 minutes.
Looking for other pressure cooker breakfast ideas?
- Pressure cooker donuts are so good
- Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are a great start to the day
- Our pressure cooker breakfast quinoa is just so good with fresh fruit on top too
Here’s the printable recipe to make Instant Pot oatmeal.
Instant Pot Oatmeal
- 1 c oats use steel oats if you like a more turgid oatmeal
- 2 1/2 c water
- 1 c apple skinned and diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- pinch cinnamon
- raisins optional
- Put Instant Pot or pressure cooker on manual high pressure.
- Add butter and allow to melt. Turn Instant Pot off...important step to avoid "burn" message from showing up.
- Add water, oats, brown sugar, apples, cinnamon and raisins if desired. Stir
- Put lid on and close steam valve, set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes, do a quick release, open and serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉