These 2 Instant Pot oatmeal recipes only take 5 minutes to cook and taste amazing! An easy pressure cooker breakfast that the whole family will enjoy and is a healthy meal too. Try apple cinnamon oatmeal or pumpkin oatmeal this morning and let us know what you think!
Ok, so I’m obsessed with my Instant Pot…do you have one yet??! Now in just 5 minutes you can make Instant Pot oatmeal packed with diced apples and cinnamon. I made a pumpkin oatmeal version too! It’s one of our favorite breakfast Instant Pot recipes! (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
This pressure cooker oatmeal turned out perfectly this morning. Yes my kids even give an “MMmmmmmm” when they see that’s what we are having!
With all the goodies you can add in to Old fashioned rolled oats, they can be quite flavorful as well as a healthy breakfast option.
Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
It just takes 15 minutes total (with time to come to pressure) in your Instant Pot. This is the pressure cooker I have.
Yes you can cook oatmeal on the stove top, but I’m telling you this is a game changer because you can just walk away!
Here’s a video showing you how to make Instant Pot oatmeal right in the pot, there are pot in pot directions below recipe card too.
Now if you’re looking to make pumpkin oatmeal you will need the following ingredients
- 2 c. Quick oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree – out of the can or here is how to make Instant Pot pumpkin puree
- 4 c. almond milk – or regular milk but almond milk is best for flavor
- Brown sugar
- Honey roasted pecans
Instant Pot pumpkin oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients except add ins to an oven safe bowl that fits inside your IP like this dish
- Pour 1 c. water into your Instant Pot
- Place dish on top of a trivet
- Close your lid and steam valve
- Set to high pressure for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release
Transfer to a cool bowl (so you don’t burn yourself eating out of the dish inside your pressure cooker).
Apple Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Old fashioned oats – not instant
- Brown sugar
- Toppings or add ins
- Diced apples
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
If you’d like to make Instant Pot oatmeal using a pot in pot method this is how you do it.
- Use an inner pot that will fit inside your pressure cooker like this 7″ one
- Mix in 1 cups of oats & 2 cups of almond milk or water (almond milk makes it creamier) together
- Put a trivet at the bottom of your Instant Pot
- Pour 1.5 cups of water inside
- Lower your bowl with oatmeal inside on to your trivet
- Close lid and steam valve and set on high for 5 minutes cooking time
- Release the pressure quickly when done
If you have a Crock Pot Express or other brand of pressure cooker the directions should work the same, just needs high pressure for 5 minutes.
Can you double this recipe? Sure! The cook time will remain the same with twice as much. Of course timing is subjective according to just how tender you want it but below is a good base to start with.
- You can also make it a bit softer by doing a natural release of the steam vs. a quick one. Just keep timing the same and try this as well to create your perfect bowl.
Ninja Foodi oatmeal
- Pressure cooker donuts are so good
- Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are a great start to the day
- Our pressure cooker breakfast quinoa is just so good with fresh fruit on top too
- Here’s how to make chocolate oatmeal too
If you want to make a batch of slow cooker steel cut oats we have directions for that too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
I bet you’ll love a batch of our peanut butter oatmeal cookies for dessert too.
Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Spray inside of pot with non stick spray. Push saute button on your Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Add butter and allow to melt. Turn Instant Pot off…important step to avoid “burn” message from showing up.
- Add water, oats, brown sugar, apples, cinnamon and raisins if desired. Stir
- Put lid on and close steam valve, set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes, do a quick release, open and serve.