Here is a really easy crockpot hamburger helper recipe you’ve got to try!! Super simple to make with uncooked elbow macaroni noodles. One of the best slow cooker goulash style dinners according to my kids. Add cheese and make it cheeseburger hamburger helper if you like!
This crockpot hamburger helper recipe is really amazingly easy! There’s something about a casserole in the crock pot that just makes you feel good…..whether it’s winter or summertime! We use our slow cooker at least once a week on days that are going to be really busy and we won’t get home until dinnertime. That way I can throw it all in before we leave and know it will be ready when we are “starving” after swimming or whatever activity we have that day. It’s definitely one of our favorite crockpot recipes on the blog. (originally published 8/16, affiliate links present)
- I cook the bacon first, leave the juices, then throw in the ground beef and diced onion together.
- That way all the flavors meld together. That’s all you need to precook.
Throw that into the crockpot with all of the other ingredients and it’s ready to cook all day.
That is my style of dinner time meals. Very little prep needs to be done for this homemade version our family loves with a side salad or green beans.
This is what you’ll need to make this easy crockpot hamburger helper recipe
Here’s a video showing you how we make this easy crockpot recipe. Total and complete comfort food in a bowl.
You can use any kind of noodles you like but if they have it I grab a box of macaroni or rotini pronto noodles that cook a bit faster.
- It’s not a big deal to throw them in for the last 30 minutes because it takes that much time to put everything away when we get home, grate the cheese, and set the table anyway.
- Cover and cook for the last bit so they’re tender, allow to sit and thicken in pot with lid off for 15 minutes, top with seasoning salt and more cheese, then serve!
If you’ve jumped on the pressure cooker train we also made a version of this called Instant Pot chili mac that you should try next that takes just 5 minutes as well as:
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
It’s a warm feel good meal that my kids ask me to make often and even my husband and I like it (I eat it the next day for lunch too and it’s amazing).
- If you don’t have a larger crockpot this one is seriously my favorite!
And the printable recipe as well:
Crockpot Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Precook ground beef with onions.
- Cook bacon and dice pieces.
- Throw these in as well as all other ingredients into your crockpot except the macaroni noodles.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
- Uncover and stir in entire box of uncooked macaroni noodles, stir, recover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve topped with cheese if desired.