3 Ninja Foodi chicken wings recipes using frozen wings or fresh! How to get tender meat with crispy skins on the outsides without ever using your oven!
Ready to make some Ninja Foodi chicken wings tonight??!! We can eat these tender appetizers as an entire meal really. Sauced or using a dry rub for chicken they’re delicious and packed with protein too. Listed on our roundup of easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you’ll love each bite of these babies.
If you’re new to this pressure cooker and air fryer machine, welcome!!
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we have
- You can grab a free recipe book here. 😉
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
- We’re going to start with the basics of how to cook pressure cooker frozen chicken wings and go from there.
This is fantastic to have if you’ve forgotten to defrost dinner and it’s now 5 o’clock! NO problem I tell you. Just throw them in with some sauce and a bit of water and let those babies cook until super tender like you see here.
Before when you used an Instant Pot you had to throw these babies under the broiler to crisp up but NOW you can just use your air crisp lid!!
What you need to make Ninja Foodi frozen chicken wings:
- 12-15 frozen wings – med. / lg. size
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- could use teriyaki marinade too, not thick style
- 3/4 c water
- Put half bottle of barbecue or teriyaki sauce into bottom of pot
- Add wings
- Pour remaining sauce over the top
- Add water into your bbq sauce bottle, put lid on and shake
- Pour this liquid into pot too
- Put on pressure cooking lid, close steam valve to seal position
- Set pressure cooker to high for 21 minutes for fall off the bone wings (large size)
- Do a quick release and remove wings
- Pour sauce from pot into a bowl to add on top later
- Put wings in air fryer basket and close air fryer lid so it cooks the wings skin to crispy perfection
- Set to 400 degrees for 6-10 minutes for perfect air fried wings
Those are super yummy BUT:
- Now if you’re looking for the best air fryer wings recipe out there with a dry rub you’ve gotta’ try ours here!
These are great because they’re a bit less messy and you just need defrosted wings and a bunch of herbs and spices to rub all over them. I don’t put any sauce on these babies when they’re done because there is TONS of flavor as is. A side of ranch dressing or buffalo wing sauce though is a great addition if you want to take these Ninja Foodi chicken wings over the top.
Of course they are healthier than fried wings because only a touch of olive oil is needed to get crispy wings. Forget about deep frying them anymore, that is a thing of the past and so “old school”.
- Want to make garlic parmesan wings? No problem. Just use this same recipe without the rub if you want to eliminate that and dip in the sauce you made when done. Want them just spicy? Do the same and slather with Franks Red Hot sauce once they’re crispy on the outside.
Want to cook more Ninja Foodi recipes??
- Use our free printable air fryer cooking times chart here.
- Homemade Ninja Foodi chicken tenders
- Ninja Foodi taco pasta has great reviews too
Ready for the best 30 minute meal??
Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings frozen or fresh, depending on size time below will vary
- 20 oz barbecue sauce
- 3/4 c water
- If wings are frozen add half bottle of bbq sauce into the pot. Then put frozen wings on top, timing is good for 12-15 frozen wings.
- Then pour the rest of the bbq sauce on top of your frozen wings. Pour 3/4 c of water into your empty bbq sauce container. Put lid back on and shake to get remaining sauce. Pour this liquid into your pot on top.
- Put pressure cooker lid on and close steam valve. Set to pressure high for 21 minutes (for large frozen wings, times may vary depending on size) followed by a quick release.
- Remove wings, pour sauce from pot into a container so you can spoon over crisped wings at the end.
- Place air fryer basket into pot and put 1 layer of cooked wings inside. Close air fryer lid and set to 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until they're as crispy as you'd like them to be. Remove, add another batch and crisp them all this way.
- If you have fresh wings just put 3/4 cup of water into your pot with a trivet or air fryer basket inside. Place your wings on the trivet and close your pressure cooker lid and steam valve.
- Set to high pressure for 10 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Then follow same instructions above for crisping them once they are cooked and sauce them before crisping if you'd like, or after. Your choice.