4 Ninja Foodi chicken wings recipes using frozen wings or fresh! How to get tender meat with crispy skins on the outsides without ever using your oven!
Ready to make some Ninja Foodi chicken wings tonight??!! We can eat these tender appetizers as an entire meal really. Sauced or using a dry rub for chicken they’re delicious and packed with protein too. Listed on our roundup of easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you’ll love each bite of these babies.
If you’re new to this pressure cooker and air fryer machine, welcome!!
There are SO many options for this “magic pot” I tell you.
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Grab a Foodi cookbook here, we love this one.
- Then join our Ninja Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have an air fryer page that shares daily ideas too.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
You can make these in a Ninja Foodi Grill too.
- We’re going to start with the basics of how to cook pressure cooker frozen chicken wings and go from there.
This is fantastic to have if you’ve forgotten to defrost dinner and it’s now 5 o’clock! NO problem I tell you. Just throw them in with some sauce and a bit of water and let those babies cook until super tender like you see here.
Before when you used an Instant Pot you had to throw these babies under the broiler to crisp up but NOW you can just use your air crisp lid!!
Ninja Foodi frozen chicken wings
- 12-15 frozen wings – med. / lg. size
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- could use teriyaki marinade too, not thick style
- 3/4 c water
- Any seasonings like garlic powder and/or others you love
- Put half bottle of barbecue or teriyaki sauce into bottom of pot
- Add wings
- Pour remaining sauce over the top
- Add water into your bbq sauce bottle, put lid on and shake
- Pour this liquid into pot too
- Put on pressure cooking lid, close steam valve to seal position
- Set pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes for fall off the bone wings (large size)
- Do a quick release and remove wings
- Pour sauce from pot into a bowl to add on top later
- Put wings in air fryer basket and close air fryer lid so it cooks the wings skin to crispy perfection
Set to 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes for perfect air fried wings (don’t overlap them, do in batches)
Those are super yummy BUT:
- Now if you’re looking for the best air fryer wings recipe out there with a dry rub you’ve gotta’ try ours here!
- You can make frozen chicken wings in air fryer too.
These are great because they’re a bit less messy and you just need defrosted wings and a bunch of herbs and spices to rub all over them.
I don’t put any sauce on these babies when they’re done because there is TONS of flavor as is. A side of ranch dressing or buffalo wing sauce though is a great addition if you want to take these Ninja Foodi chicken wings over the top.
Of course they are healthier than fried wings because only a touch of olive oil is needed to get crispy wings. Forget about deep frying them anymore, that is a thing of the past and so “old school”.
- Want to make garlic parmesan wings? No problem. Just use this same recipe without the rub if you want to eliminate that and dip in the sauce you made when done.
Want them just spicy? Do the same and slather with Franks Red Hot sauce once they’re crispy on the outside.
Want to cook more Ninja Foodi recipes??
We have cooked a whole air fryer chicken and that is OH SO fabulous too.
- Use our free printable air fryer cooking times chart here.
- Homemade Ninja Foodi chicken tenders and a Ninja Foodi chicken legs recipe are here.
- Ninja Foodi taco pasta has great reviews too
You’ve gotta’ try that and our other Ninja Foodi chicken recipes next.
What should I serve with chicken wings?
There are SO many options for this! This usually depends on whether I am serving them as an appetizer, snack or entire meal. Yes…we eat them for dinner pretty often with just celery and carrot sticks and dip.
- Coleslaw goes well with the heat of a chicken wing
- Potato Salad complements this dish with its cool, creamy texture
- Mixed Vegetables are the perfect side dish for chicken wings or any other dinner really
- Macaroni Salad
- Ninja Foodi french fries are the bomb!
Ready for the best 30 minute one pot meal??
Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- Close air crisp lid and preheat Foodi to 400 degrees.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels. In batches of 6-8 pieces (depending on size of wings, enough where they don't overlap inside the air fryer basket), spray batch with olive oil spray and rub on all sides.
- In a bowl mix all dry rub ingredients and pour half inside a freezer bag, add olive oil coated wings into bag and shake so they're well coated.
- Place wings inside air fryer basket without overlapping them.
- Air fry for 8 minutes, then flip to other side and continue cooking at 400 degrees for another 8 minutes or until they're as crispy as you'd like. To make even crispier, lightly spray top again with olive oil spray and continue cooking a few more minutes.