8 Ninja Foodi chicken wings recipes using frozen chicken wings or fresh! How to get tender meat with crispy skins on the outsides without ever using your oven! Season lightly, with a dry rub or toss with sauce and enjoy for a meal or appetizer.
Ready to make some Ninja Foodi chicken wings tonight??!! We can eat these tender appetizers as an entire meal really. Sauced or using a dry rub for chicken they’re delicious and packed with protein too. Listed on our roundup of easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you’ll love each bite of these babies. (affiliate links present, originally published 8/19)
Chicken Wings in Ninja Foodi
If you’re new to this pressure cooker and air fryer machine, welcome!! There is SO much you can make with this pot I tell you. From Ninja Foodi boneless wings, to soups, casseroles, the list goes on and on. There are SO many options for this “magic pot” I tell you.
This one is going to use the lid that is attached which will crisp them well. Use the round basket with the holes at the bottom and the button will be the air crisp one. Adjust heat level and a bit of olive oil spray at the end will intensify the crunch.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything!
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Grab a set of wooden utensils to work with. They are great so your pot doesn’t get scratched!
- Then join our Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes – Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. Thousands of others share both pressure cooker and air fryer recipe ideas there daily and you can too!
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Wings in Ninja foodi
You can make these in a Ninja Foodi Grill too. If that is all you have you won’t be able to try to pressure cook them and see the difference but it does have an air fry for this, and grilling function.
- We’re going to start with the basics of how to cook pressure cooker frozen chicken wings and go from there.
This is fantastic to have if you’ve forgotten to defrost dinner and it’s now 5 o’clock! NO problem I tell you. You’ll have to use the pressure cook function to cook them thru to the center first. Then you will need to use air crisp after that to get the skin crunchy.
If you need Ninja Foodi gluten free chicken wings we have those too. The biggest difference is using Panko GF instead of breadcrumbs.
Ninja Foodi Wings
Just throw them in with some sauce and a bit of water and let those babies cook until super tender like you see here.
Ninja Foodi frozen chicken wings
Before when you used an Instant Pot you had to throw these babies under the broiler to crisp up but NOW you can just use your air crisp lid!! Now you won’t be able to bread the outside like our Doritos Ranch Dipped Hot Wings since when frozen nothing would stick but add sauce at the end for a ton of flavor.
- 12-15 frozen wings – med. / lg. size
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- could use teriyaki marinade too, not thick style
- 3/4 c water
Any seasonings like garlic powder and/or others you love. You can cook these as directed and then make them spicy too. Follow the directions for hot wings in air fryer for those.
Ninja Air Fryer Wings
- Put half bottle of barbecue or teriyaki sauce into bottom of pot
- Add wings
- Pour remaining sauce over the top
- Add water into your bbq sauce bottle, put lid on and shake
- Pour this liquid into pot too
- Put on pressure cooking lid, close steam valve to seal position
- Set pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes for fall off the bone wings (large size)
- Do a quick release and remove wings
- Pour sauce from pot into a bowl to add on top later
- Put wings in air fryer basket and close air fryer lid so it cooks the wings skin to crispy perfection
Set to 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes for perfect air fried wings (don’t overlap them, do in batches)
Those are super yummy BUT:
- Now if you’re looking for the best air fryer wings recipe out there with a dry rub you’ve gotta’ try ours here!
- Use our secret ingredient for Ninja Foodi baking powder chicken wings and you may never go back to without it.
These are great because they’re a bit less messy and you just need defrosted wings and a bunch of herbs and spices to rub all over them.
I don’t put any sauce on these babies when they’re done because there is TONS of flavor as is. A side of ranch dressing or buffalo wing sauce though is a great addition if you want to take these Ninja Foodi chicken wings over the top.
Of course they are healthier than fried wings because only a touch of olive oil is needed to get crispy wings. Forget about deep frying them anymore, that is a thing of the past and so “old school”.
For little seasonings but a whop of flavor try lemon pepper chicken wings air fryer style…air crisp that is here.
Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken Wings
- Want to make garlic parmesan wings? No problem. Just use this same recipe without the rub if you want to eliminate that and dip in the sauce you made when done.
Most of the time you will have two pieces broken apart. The wingette and drumette as you can see here actually are attached at the beginning but most prefer them separately. BUT if you want to save a bit of money, try air fryer whole chicken wings. They are cheaper, bigger, and taste exactly the same of course.
Want them just spicy? Do the same and slather with Franks Red Hot sauce once they’re crispy on the outside. Want to cook more Ninja Foodi recipes??
We have cooked a whole air fryer chicken and that is OH SO fabulous too.
- Homemade Ninja Foodi chicken tenders and a Ninja Foodi chicken legs recipe are here.
- Ninja Foodi taco pasta has great reviews too
You’ve gotta’ try that and our other Ninja Foodi chicken recipes next.
What should I serve with chicken wings?
There are SO many options for this! This usually depends on whether I am serving them as an appetizer, snack or entire meal. You’ll definitely want dipping sauce for chicken wings but beyond that;
Yes…we eat them for dinner pretty often with just celery and carrot sticks and dip.
- Coleslaw goes well with the heat of a chicken wing
- Potato Salad complements this dish with its cool, creamy texture
- Mixed Vegetables are the perfect side dish for chicken wings or any other dinner really
- Macaroni Salad
- Ninja Foodi french fries are the bomb!
Ready for the best 30 minute one pot meal??
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- Close air crisp lid and preheat Foodi to 400 degrees.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels. In batches of 6-8 pieces (depending on size of wings, enough where they don't overlap inside the air fryer basket), spray batch with olive oil spray and rub on all sides.
- In a bowl mix all dry rub ingredients and pour half inside a freezer bag, add olive oil coated wings into bag and shake so they're well coated.
- Place wings inside air fryer basket without overlapping them.
- Air fry for 8 minutes, then flip to other side and continue cooking at 400 degrees for another 8 minutes or until they're as crispy as you'd like. To make even crispier, lightly spray top again with olive oil spray and continue cooking a few more minutes.