This is how to bake crispy chicken wings in the oven that you will absolutely love! We make these all the time as an appetizer or dinner and they come out crunchy and crispy every time. Here’s the trick to making juicy crispy baked chicken wings without frying them.
Ok so that’s the million dollar question right, how to bake crispy chicken wings, I mean like the ones you get at a restaurant! I LOVE chicken wings, seriously I could eat them for lunch probably every day. When people come over to watch a game these are the PERFECT thing to cook. Just mix up a few different sauces and you’ve got the perfect appetizer or meal in my opinion. They MUST be crispy though, soggy is no good! There’s an easy way to do that and I promise you you’ll never make them another way again after making crispy wings like these! Special thanks goes out to Allstate for sponsoring this post, here’s the recipe. (originally published 3/17)
- I know you love wings as an appetizer, but seriously we’ve eaten them for dinner before!
I’m not a fan of frying anything in a bunch of oil so this crispy baked chicken wings recipe is amazing, as well as making this air fryer wings recipe too!
You only need a few items which is totally my style, and the kids can help you make these! Win…..
How to bake crispy chicken wings
- Prep instructions here:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Line your cookie sheet with tinfoil
- Place your cooling rack on your foil
- Rinse your chicken wings
- Dry wings off with paper towels
- Put 1 tbsp. baking powder + 1/4 tsp. salt in your freezer bag and shake
- Put half your rinsed and dried chicken wings inside your bag and shake until all are coated lightly (this recipe is for 20 wings total)
- Spray nonstick spray on your cooling rack
- Place wings on cooling rack with skin side up
- Add 1 more tbsp. baking powder + 1/4 tsp. salt in your bag + other half of wings and shake
- Place wings on cooling rack with others
- Oven directions are in recipe card below
The answer of how to bake crispy chicken wings looks like a lot of steps but really after you do it once or twice you just remember the steps by heart.
- We make them pretty often using different sauces!
- This sweet Sriracha baked chicken wings sauce is amazing.
The kids love baked chicken wings for dinner because they’re finger food. They’re also one of my favorite appetizers to bring or serve because they’re everyone’s favorite. We made these while watching a few college basketball games…
I will be using a spicier sauce for this occasion because most of the guests will be my husband’s friends and I’m thinking that it will go over well, but you can dip them in just about anything and they’re great!
I hope you enjoy my tips on how to bake crispy chicken wings and try them yourself! Sweet Sriracha chicken wings are one of our very favorite ways to serve them!
If you’re looking for other football party appetizers, try these others too:
- Slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings
- Pressure cooker frozen chicken wings
- Instant Pot meatballs
- Loaded tater tot skewers are fun
- Teriyaki chicken drumsticks are fun
When making this crispy chicken wings appetizer (or meal) there are a few things you will need, many of them you may already have at home and can see here.
And of course you will need chicken wings…duhhh. 😉
How to Bake Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 20 chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with tinfoil. Place your cooling rack on your foil
- Rinse your chicken wings. Dry them off with paper towels
- Put 1 tbsp. baking powder + 1/4 tsp. salt in your freezer bag and shakePut half your rinsed and dried chicken wings inside your bag and shake until all are coated lightly (this recipe is for 20 wings total)
- Spray nonstick spray on your cooling rack. Place wings on cooling rack with skin side up once they are coated, not overlapping them.
- Add 1 more tbsp. baking powder + 1/4 tsp. salt in your bag + other half of wings and shake. Place these wings on cooling rack with others. Should fit 20 perfectly.
- Place pan full of wings on lowest rack for 30 minutes. Then increase temperature to 425 and rotate your pan 180 degrees.
- Move pan full of wings to the rack that is the middle/higher level of your ovenBake for 15 additional minutes
- Rotate your pan 180 degrees again on the middle rack, and cook for an additional 20 minutes (check at 15 to see if they're brown enough or if you want them crispier).Allow to sit for a few minutes, then toss or brush sauce on wings!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉