Air fryer turkey wings is the best way to cook this part of the bird. With a spicy or sweet and savory dry rub these are to die for at dinner. Now that you have a crispy air machine you know how good dry rub air fryer wings are SO why not give these a whirl the same way too?
If you haven’t made dry rub air fryer turkey wings yet you’ve gotta’ try these babies! Using bottled seasoning or our dry rub they are much better than baked, and fast to make. One of many easy air fryer recipes you can enjoy at Thanksgiving time and year round. (affiliate links present)
Turkey Wings Air Fryer
You may have wondered how to make these while making our sheet pan turkey last year. The wings aren’t usually what is chosen during the holidays but should NOT be thrown away either. You can get them super crispy with a sweet and savory dry rub on the outside like you see here!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
It took a few years before I really did give them a whirl. Before the next holiday started I bought a package at the store and away I went, which led us here. I knew that if they turned out fantastic I could share how to cook turkey wings with all of you. And here we are……
If you love easy air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Ninja Foodi Turkey Wings
These definitely look different than those off a chicken. They are much larger for sure and kinda’ a funny shape if you find them at the store like this.
NO worries, the flavor is just as incredible. Plus they basically are giving these away because not many realize their deliciousness. Your gain y’all….
How to Make Turkey Wings
As with any other meat in air fryer you will want to dry off the skin before adding any sort of seasonings. First though I do like to rinse them off, some like to soak them in a salt/water sort of brine for a bit of time too. It’s really just like air fryer whole chicken wings but a lot bigger as you can see.
Can you marinate turkey wings?
Recipe for Turkey Wings
If you are going to add dry seasonings you’ll want to use a few paper towels to dry the skin off first. Getting the excess moisture off will make sure you will get crispy wings every single time. A spray of olive oil a few minutes before the cook time is done will make the skin crunchier too.
The safe internal meat temp. should be 165 F in the thickest part. Remember that when you take them out and let them rest the temperature will increase about 5 degrees too so you could take them out just shy of that.
I typically don’t like skin on any meat but these are the exception to the rule. The linked cajun goodness in the recipe card below is out of this world for sure.
Cooking Turkey Wings
Dry skins with some paper towels. Then rub cajun seasoning or dry rub of choice on all sides of wings. Preheat air fryer to 350 for 5 minutes. Spray basket with non stick spray and lay wings inside air fryer basket trying not to overlap them. This will help you achieve juicy turkey in every bite.
- Air fry at 350 F for 15 minutes, then turn down to 250 degrees F and cook for another 15 minutes.
- (timing will vary slightly depending on how large they are but this works well to cook all the way through and get outside skin crispy)
- If you want the skins browner, spray them with olive oil spray 2 minutes before the cook time ends.
See the deliciousness?? Easy air fryer turkey recipe that is quick and easy, just as tender and juicy as chicken wings but with that great Fall feeling to them.
What sides go with turkey wings?
I mean just think of them like they were chicken. If it is the holidays and you’re making these for a smaller crowd then just serve what you normally would with the whole bird.
- I always like to integrate air fryer corn on the cob or something like cauliflower in air fryer which takes less than 30 minutes to get done.
- Instant Pot garlic mashed potatoes are a great choice.
- If you feel like you need some garlic rolls or bread with it, you can make that in the same machine before or after these are done too.
We didn’t stop there though. Using a simple mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and Old Bay we went on to make a few air fryer turkey legs too! Once again these were SO cheap and fed us well for lunch the next day. My husband (who is kinda’ picky) was really surprised at how much he liked these.
Recipe for turkey wings with olive oil is explained below. It is printable if you like complete with nutritional information as well. Of course each batch will be different weights and have slightly different saturated fat content so those are just estimates.
Before you go I want you to sign up for my free newsletter!! You will get all my new recipes emailed to you a few times a week that will help with meal planning for the week.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page because we share all our new creations there every single day. And follow me on Pinterest for more inspirations! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Blot skin with paper towels to remove any moisture on them. Rub cajun seasoning or dry rub of choice on all sides of wings. Preheat air fryer to 350 for 5 minutes.
- Spray basket with non stick spray and lay wings inside trying not to overlap them.
- Air fry at 350 F for 15 minutes, then turn down to 250 degrees F and cook for another 15 minutes. (timing will vary slightly depending on how large they are but this works well to cook all the way through and get outside skin crispy)