This lemon pepper chicken wings air fryer recipe is a healthy way to cook this popular appetizer in no time. Only 4 ingredients needed!
Lemon pepper chicken wings air fryer turn out beyond amazing. With the killer marinade you love and no breading, these naked wings will be your next favorite easy air fryer recipe. (post may contain affiliate links)
We began the journey of making air fryer wings <——— with these that feature the most amazing dry rub. They were great for our game day party.
Moving along from there our frozen chicken wings in air fryer were such a hit we just kept going…and here we are with the next best flavor.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
I mean we used our lemon pepper chicken marinade but you can use this method and timing with any sort of flavors you love. The slight exception to this would be if you’re using a thick sort of bbq sauce.
With that you’d want to cook them as directed below minus 5 minutes. At that time I would suggest brushing the sauce of choice on then. That will give it enough time to brown and soak in but not burn.
Especially if you like honey versions the extra sugar in that may cause it to brown the outsides too quickly before the meat has reached a safe temp.
How do you make wings?
There are several different methods of course. You can deep fry them in oil, air fry them as you see here or make crispy chicken wings in the oven. For the fastest and best texture on the outside I suggest following this one.
What part of the chicken is chicken wings?
There are really two main pieces to it. You have the drumette that looks like a small version of chicken legs and the wingette itself that isn’t as meaty. Most times they’re separated and prepared together like you see below.
How do you get sauce to stick to wings?
Great question!! If adding it before cooking you want to make sure they are really dry. Lay them on paper towels and roll them up. Press gently absorbing all the liquid on the skins.
If tossing them in the sauce after they’re cooked you’ll want to make sure there’s no oil or grease on the outside. Take them out of the basket and lay on paper towels, flip them over and then in a bowl to toss with sauce(s).
I have the Cosori 5 qt, an AirWave as well as the Ninja Foodi and I love them all. Trick is to choose one with a large square basket so you can fit quite a bit in a single layer without overlapping.
Lemon Pepper Wings Air Fryer
I kid you not, if you have only had deep fried chicken wings you’ll be surprised at how similar these taste. BUT you can rest assured you can eat a bit more because they’re lower in calories and fat than their counterparts.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Air Fryer
Rinse and dry chicken wings well with paper towels to remove water from outside of the skins. Put these into a bowl.
Cut your lemon in half and remove seeds, discard those babies. Squeeze both sides to put your lemon juice into a bowl. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Add olive oil and zest lemon. Stir
Pour olive oil lemon mixture on to your dry wings and toss to coat.
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Spray inside of air fryer basket and pour coated wings in not overlapping so the hot air circulates well and can crisp up nice and good.
Cook at 350 F for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through cook time. Remove when they are as crispy as you’d like.
If you’d like them crispier after 20 minutes spray with olive oil and add 2 more minutes.
There are a few more seasonings you can add into your lemon pepper seasoning mixture. Garlic powder is good if you like that, I’ve even added a squeeze of lime for bolder flavors.
There are so many possibilities once you get the timing and general step by step instructions down pat. You could increase air fryer to 380 and cook for closer to 15 minutes but I kinda’ like lower and slower for these.
What is the best sauce for wings?
- We love bang bang sauce as one of our chicken wing dips.
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese are usually a given served with carrot and celery sticks.
- Some like just some plain melted butter drizzled on top like our air fryer boneless wings, or dunk them in fry sauce.
If you’re looking for an even healthier idea, but similar in nature…try our air fryer cauliflower wings next too. Lower in saturated fat and a vegetarian option.
When reheating chicken in air fryer there are a few tips you should remember too, we go over them in the above post.
Try these and our Instant Pot black pepper chicken next if you dare. It’s similar to the Panda Express version and has a similar feel to these wings but boneless of course.
- Our copycat Starbucks lemon loaf recipe is a great dessert duo too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Air Fryer
- Rinse and dry chicken wings with paper towels to remove water from outside of the skins. Put into a bowl.
- Cut lemon in half and remove seeds, discard. Squeeze both sides of lemon into a bowl. Sprinkle in salt and pepper, add olive oil and zest lemon. Stir
- Pour olive oil mixture on wings and toss to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of air fryer basket and pour coated wings in not overlapping so they can crisp up well.
- Cook at 350 F for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through cook time. Remove when they are as crispy as you'd like.
- If you'd like them crispier after 20 minutes spray with olive oil and add 2 more minutes.