Air fryer baked potatoes are so amazing! With crispy skins on the outside and a soft tender inside it’s the perfect side dish or dinner stuffed with chili!
If you’ve never had air fryer baked potatoes they are SO good!! I dare say the salty crispy potato skins are almost better than the inside. I’m serious! Whether you serve them with dinner or make them your main dish you’ll never make them another way again. Air frying is the way to go! One of our favorite air fryer recipes. (affiliate links present)
I used to say smoked baked potatoes were my favorite but that was until we made air fryer baked potatoes!
I still love them in our smoker but now you can get that same crispiness in a fraction of the time. That, I love. Here’s what you do. It is super simple.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
This is the air fryer I have, seen below. It’s actually the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer so you can do both functions.
What you need to make easy air fryer baked potatoes
- Russet potatoes – all similar sized potatoes so they get done at the same time, medium is best
- Coarse sea salt
- Olive oil
- Air fryer basket
- Favorite toppings if you’re loading them up
Literally that is it, other than your air fryer. So quick and easy with about a 40 minutes cook time. Any brand will do.
- If you’d rather slice them and make air fryer french fries those are good too.
Why do you need to use olive oil to make baked potatoes in the air fryer?
- It allows the skins to really crisp up
- Using really good EVO adds great flavor to the skins as well
- Olive oil allows the salt to really stick to the potato skin
Why use coarse sea salt for air fryer potatoes?
- It’s larger than table salt, thus not coating the entire skin
- Sea salt has a great flavor to it
Loaded baked potato toppings to try
- 5 ingredient chili
- Instructions for pressure cooker and slow cooker above
- Pressure cooker broccoli
- Pair with this homemade cheese sauce
We have instructions on how to make Instant Pot baked potatoes here too, but they won’t come out crispy.
Looking for other easy Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes?
- Bacon wrapped air fryer steak
- Air fryer kale chips and zucchini chips are great snacks
- Our air fryer tater tots are so good too
Perfectly cooked Ninja Foodi baked potatoes every time.
Note: Make sure you poke holes all around. Depending on the size of your potatoes timing will vary slightly from 30 minutes to 45 for large potatoes. 400 degrees works perfectly for all sizes. You can print recipe below.
LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Wash your potatoes, then poke them with a fork all around each one. Pat them dry.
- Rub olive oil over each one (generously) and then sprinkle sea salt over the entire outside of each potato.
- Place a trivet inside your air fryer if yours uses one (for the Ninja Foodi flip the metal trivet it comes with upside down so it's lower).
- Put your potatoes on your trivet so they aren't overlapping.
- Close your air fryer lid (on the Ninja Foodi it is the lid that is attached). Set to air crisp, 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes. (timing will depend on size of potatoes, check after 35 min, poke with fork to see if middle is tender)
- Take out when time is up, slice and fluff up inside.