Air Fryer zucchini chips are crunchy low carb snacks that are much healthier than deep fried but have the same great taste you love! Try them in your Ninja Foodi or other brand today.
Air fryer zucchini chips are so much easier than I thought they’d be to make. Yes we have been busy creating a ton of easy air fryer recipes because I’m a bit obsessed! Crunchy food without the need of artery clogging oil has been a game changer. Join in! (originally published 6/19, affiliate links present)
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
- You could use this CrispLid to turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer for this!
- Now before you move on, LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
Years ago we made salt and pepper zucchini chips with our easy homemade tempura batter. BUT they were fried.
Yes!! We’re here to show you how to make zucchini chips in air fryer and more. First, preheat your machine, then place vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, and onion in a large bowl with olive oil.
Use whatever seasonings you like and air fry for just a few minutes. NO breading is necessary, but we did a light one for these.
Air fried zucchini is a healthier alternative that comes out just as crunchy as deep fried without any oil. If you haven’t tried this method it’s so amazing.
I got hooked when we made this air fryer wings recipe with a dry rub and my family gobbled them up quicker than I could make another batch.
Well, no oil is needed when making foods inside your air fryer, just spray for the outside of your food. Adding cooking oil in a spray form before air frying will add an extra crunchy layer to your food.
I like olive but I have found and used avocado oil as well.
Placing vegetables in an even layer into the air fryer basket, and not overlapping pieces is key. Air fryer vegetables cook in as little as 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
Though they may be a better alternative to deep fryers, limiting your intake of fried foods altogether is the best option of course when it comes to your health. You can make items with no breading too though.
Compared to deep fried foods, an air fryer can reduce the amount of fat and calories into your food.
Then I wondered, what is the best thing to cook in an air fryer once we got ours.
- These air fryer baked potatoes came out great so we went on from there and made Ninja Foodi kale chips!
- Now we’re so obsessed with it we air fry everything I tell you!!
- Fried zucchini chips you see here were next on our list and came out amazing.
The key to making everything as crispy as possible I found was a can of olive oil spray!
Air fryer zucchini
- 2 med./large zucchini
- I prefer large with 1/2″ zucchini slices
- Could slice like air fryer zucchini fries too
- Panko bread crumbs
- There is a gluten free version out too if needed
- Old Bay seasoning
- I’m obsessed with these flavors, you can even find more Old Bay recipes here too
- Garlic salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Air fryer basket or trivet baking rack
- I used our metal trivet
- Parmesan cheese is optional
If you’re wondering how to make zucchini in an air fryer this is the way to go. My kids even love this as a snack, now that is a win.
Zucchini chips air fryer recipe
Directions to make these golden brown as you see here:
Time needed: 13 minutes.
Zucchini in air fryer
- Preheat air fryer
I preheat my air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Prepare ingredients
Whip up your egg in a bowl. In another shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and seasoning, or use a plate and mix.
- Make zucchini chips
Slice into thin or thicker pieces, the thinner the crispier they will be. Dip each zucchini slice into your egg mixture on both sides, then cover with bread crumbs.
Once machine is preheated, place coated zucchini in the basket of the air fryer. Make sure they are placed in a single layer so they get as crispy as possible. Spray with olive oil Set for a total of 13 min.
If your pieces are quite thin I might set to 7 minutes and check.
After 10 minutes flip to the other side and spray with olive oil again
Enjoy immediately for the best zucchini chips ever with ranch or homemade fry sauce.
This was made in my Foodi which doesn’t have a basket but rather a rack with an air crisp lid you close down. Works the same as any other.
What if you wanted to make air fryer zucchini chips no breading? Well, it would taste a lot like our air fryer vegetables, simple with just oil and seasonings.
We have done that and I would suggest that you follow these directions to do so.
- I wouldn’t call these chips though as most people will think crispy and crunchy if you refer to them as that.
- Yes the edges will get browned and “crisp” in a way but really, using a light coating like Panko doesn’t add that many calories and makes them so much better.
- They become healthy vegetable finger foods my kids actually beg me to make as often as possible.
- I’d try both methods and let us know which your family prefers below.
Fried zucchini dipping sauce
- You could also use ranch dressing
- Some love blue cheese dressing
- Marinara sauce warmed in the microwave is pretty great too
Looking for other air fryer recipes? I know, we have become crazy over this new “magical machine” lately too. I haven’t found anything that doesn’t taste better air fried quite frankly.
- It is VERY rare I ever even turn on my oven nowadays. Between this and my Instant Pot I can cook literally anything I want.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Cut ends off zucchini and slice into 1/2" dials. Thinner they are the crispier they will get so thickness is up to you. This is what we like. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees while you're preparing these.
- In a bowl whisk your egg. On a plate add your Panko and seasoning, mix so it is combined.
- Dip zucchini pieces one at a time into egg, then coat all sides with bread crumb mixture and when air fryer is preheated add them in one layer to your trivet inside your machine (if you have a trivet).
- Once trivet is loaded up with pieces that aren't overlapping spray all of them with olive oil. Then close air crisp lid and continue cooking at 350 degrees for 13 minutes total, flipping after minute 10. (add more minutes for more crispy outsides)
- If your dials are small you could do 10 minutes total flipping after 8 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy immediately, then add another batch!