Air Fryer zucchini chips are crunchy low carb snacks that are much healthier than deep fried but have the same great taste you love! Try them in your Ninja Foodi or other brand today.
Air fryer zucchini chips are so much easier than I thought they’d be to make. Yes we have been busy creating a ton of easy air fryer recipes because I’m a bit obsessed! Crunchy food without the need of artery clogging oil has been a game changer. Join in!
- I used my Ninja Foodi but any brand will do.
- You can even use this CrispLid to turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer!
Years ago we made salt and pepper zucchini chips with our easy homemade tempura batter. BUT they were fried.
Air fried zucchini is a healthier alternative that comes out just as crunchy as deep fried without any oil.
- If you haven’t tried this method it’s so amazing. I got hooked when we made this air fryer wings recipe with a dry rub and my family gobbled them up quicker than I could make another batch.
Then I wondered, can you cook veggies in an air fryer?
- These air fryer baked potatoes came out great so we went on from there and made Ninja Foodi kale chips!
- Fried zucchini chips were next.
This is what’s needed for air fryer zucchini chips
- 2 med./large zucchini
- I prefer large with 1/2″ zucchini slices
- Could slice like air fryer zucchini fries too
- Panko bread crumbs
- There is a gluten free version out too if needed
- Old Bay seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Air fryer basket or trivet baking rack
- I used our metal trivet
- Parmesan cheese is optional
Directions to make these golden brown as you see here:
- Whip your egg in a bowl
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and seasoning
- or use a plate and mix
- Dip your zucchini slices into your egg on both sides
- Then cover with bread crumbs
I preheat my air fryer for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once preheated place coated zucchini in the basket of the air fryer, or on a trivet like you see here.
- Make sure they are placed in a single layer so they get as crispy as possible.
- Spray with olive oil
- Set for a total of 13 minutes (for larger dials)
- After 10 minutes flip to the other side and spray with olive oil again
- Enjoy immediately for the best zucchini chips ever
Fried zucchini dipping sauce options
We love our homemade fry sauce.
- You could also use ranch dressing
- Some love blue cheese dressing
- Marinara sauce warmed in the microwave is pretty great too
Looking for other air fryer recipes?
We’ve made Ninja Foodi sausage even if they’re rock hard frozen.
- Here are some Air fryer dinner recipes
- Air fryer cinnamon rolls and sticky buns are fab.
- Use this air fryer cook time sheet to figure out how long other foods take, and at what temp.
- I’m trying these air fryer green beans next
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Cut ends off zucchini and slice into 1/2" dials. Thinner they are the crispier they will get so thickness is up to you. This is what we like. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees while you're preparing these.
- In a bowl whisk your egg. On a plate add your Panko and seasoning, mix so it is combined.
- Dip zucchini pieces one at a time into egg, then coat all sides with bread crumb mixture and when air fryer is preheated add them in one layer to your trivet inside your machine (if you have a trivet).
- Once trivet is loaded up with pieces that aren't overlapping spray all of them with olive oil. Then close air crisp lid and continue cooking at 350 degrees for 13 minutes total, flipping after minute 10. (add more minutes for more crispy outsides)
- If your dials are small you could do 10 minutes total flipping after 8 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy immediately, then add another batch!