19 ways to cook brussel sprouts you will love! How to pressure cook, roast, bake and grill brussels perfectly so they’re tender but crispy on the outside.
I have 19 Awesome Ways to Cook brussel sprouts to share with you today! If you’re looking for some different and varied ways to cook brussels, you’re in luck. These delicious recipes will have you loving every different flavor and taste!
- Brussel Sprouts are one of those vegetables that really can pack a punch.
Not only do they look like baby cabbages (seriously, they do) but they also are great about taking on the seasonings and flavors of the other dishes you cook them with. If you’ve found that you’re in a bit of a “brussels sprouts rut”, don’t let it get you down. There are tons of different ways to cook brussel sprouts, here are 19 ideas and recipes to help get you started!
19 Ways to Cook Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel sprouts on the grill – Great when you’re using a barbecue for dinner anyway.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Chickpea Salad – Who says that you can’t combine your sprouts with some other fun ingredients? This recipe proves that you can have your Brussel sprouts and eat them any way that you want.
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Chorizo – Talk about a hearty and delicious recipe that will have you coming back for me. There’s just something about the taste of cheese and chorizo that make this dish dynamite.
- Bacon and Brussel Sprout Soup – Yep, bacon and Brussel sprouts do belong in a soup. And after you have one bite, you’ll agree!
- Our Instant Pot brussel sprouts – They are just amazing!! NOW you can use this Instant Pot air fryer lid to crisp them up too. 1 of our favorite Instant Pot recipes.
You can do a lot with these little green vegetables. Shaved or sliced brussels sprouts in their raw form add great texture and flavor to any salad. You can prepare them so the recipe is gluten free or keto friendly too. We love lots of butter and bacon but if you just season with salt and pepper with a squeeze of lemon juice is great too. Low fat side dishes with lots of flavor are the best.
The key is making them tender and beyond that use your imagination for toppings and add ins.
- Shaved Brussell Sprout Salad with Apricots – If you’ve never thinly sliced sprouts in a salad, this is the one for you. Light and refreshing and so good!
- Pressure Cooker Brussel Sprouts Alfredo – Who says that you need noodles to get that Alfredo taste? The Instant Pot is a game changer for this recipe!
- Brown Sugar Brussel Sprouts – Because, well, why not? Adding a taste of sweetness can’t be a bad thing!
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Basalmic – The tang of the balsamic is what sets this sprout recipe apart! So good!
- Keto Brussel Sprouts with Bacon – Everything is just better with bacon. Everything. And this keto friendly recipe proves that!
- Air Fryer Roasted Brussel Sprouts – Looking for a bit of “crunch” with your veggies? This Air Fryer recipe has you covered!
This way is one of our favorites because it is quick and you get a bit of crunch on the top.
See how simple cooking Brussel sprouts can be? You don’t have to find recipes that make it overly complicated because honestly? The taste of Brussel sprouts is actually really, really good on their own.
- Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts with Caramelized Onions – Cooking the sprouts right on the stovetop is a great recipe as well! And when you carmelize them with onions? The flavor is out of this world.
- Cranberry Pecan Brussel Sprouts Salad – This salad is one that you can eat and enjoy all year long! Perfect flavor and taste!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pineapple and Pecans – Adding in some fruit and nuts really makes the flavor of the sprouts pop!
- Oven Roasted Frozen Brussel Spouts – Yes, you can even cook them while they are frozen! What an awesome and simple recipe!
- Creamy Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower – Honestly, one can never have enough recipes with a few veggies mixed together. Have fun with this recipe and doctor it up to make it your own! All you need is a baking sheet and preheat oven to make.
Some of these recipes can stand on their own as a meal while others make a really great side addition to most entrees.
When and how you want to cook them is totally up to you. However, one thing is for certain! You can’t go wrong with any of these delicious Brussel sprout recipes! (Plus, they hold their flavor and taste so leftovers are great, too!)
- The MAIN keys to converting from a hater to a lover of brussels is making sure they get nice and tender.
- Use an oven, pressure cooker, barbecue or air fryer for this.
- Olive oil is great to crisp the outsides no matter what cooking method you use.
- Add your favorite topping(s) tossing to coat so all outer leaves get tons of flavor.
- Adding a bit of Kosher salt is great at the end after they’re done.
All of these recipes should take less than 30 minutes and may convince you to love this questionable veggie. I didn’t start loving them until I was an adult either!