Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is a healthy way to make vegetable spaghetti squash pasta to toss with sauce for dinner or just serve as a delicious side dish. Tender and flavorful every time with a crisp on the edges you will love.
If you haven’t tried air fryer spaghetti squash pasta yet you’re missing out! It is one of the best air fryer recipes we have on our site. Healthy, cheap and delicious with every bite. The insides come out fork tender with crisp on the edges. What are you waiting for? (affiliate links present, originally published 3/21)
Ninja Foodi Spaghetti Squash
We first made Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash pizza and that was amazing. I will share a picture of that below. If you don’t have a Ninja Foodi though I wanted to share how to make it in another brand.
This is a how to cook spaghetti squash fast AND with a bit of yummy crisp on the edges too. The best of both worlds I tell you and only takes like 5 minutes to prep this baby. That is my kinda’ dish (but you knew that already).
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
How Long to Air Fry Spaghetti Squash
Typically you can fit one cut in half lengthwise at once. That is typically enough for 2 people depending on whether it is an easy side dish or a main meal.
I mean you can stuff these babies with all sorts of things. You can make a low carb version of cheesy spaghetti this way. Instead of noodles you use a fork to scrape the stringy pieces out and it tastes amazingly similar.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash Parmesan
When it comes to what you add to the top or toss with them after you scrape with your fork is up to you. If serving this on the side shredded parmesan is a great choice with a bit of salt and pepper. You can have it melt right on the top during the last minute or so if you’d like.
How do you cook spaghetti squash seriously?
There are several ways but this is best if you ask us. We’ve done it in a Instant Pot and oven but making it in our Cosori air fryer topped the list.
As for the seasonings you could add what you like, and love on it normally. The only thing that is necessary is the olive oil spray. You will need to spray that generously on the cut end in order to maintain it’s moisture.
If not that side will dry out and won’t be as tender as you’d like it to be. Salt and pepper is a given but garlic salt is a nice addition. Sprinkle shredded parmesan on near the end and it can really become a vegetarian dinner.
Can you eat the entire spaghetti squash?
You don’t want to eat the skin. I mean that side is like a pumpkin and you wouldn’t eat that part either. Cooked correctly you can scrape quite a bit out of the inside and it’s quite tasty. Slicing in half first is ideal and cuts down the timing for sure vs. cooking a whole spaghetti squash this way.
There is a printable recipe with ingredient amounts listed at the bottom of this post. Here is a quick step by step though:
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove insides, save and roast spaghetti squash seeds later.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes, then put both halves inside with air fryer basket with open cut sides facing up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired, and any other seasonings you may desire. Spray liberally with olive oil spray on edges and inside the center so it’s nice and moist.
- Close basket and air fry for 25-30 minutes or until the insides are nice and fork tender.
- 2 minutes before done you rotate 360 degrees and sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Allow to melt. Use a fork to scrape out middle “noodles” and enjoy.
And there you have it friends!
What do I serve with spaghetti squash?
If you want to make it into a hearty meal, think of the inside like noodles. What would you add to those, there are many things but here are a few suggestions:
We did this the other night. I put out a bunch of our favorite pizza toppings on the island. Cooked this, scraped the noodles so they were right on the top and everyone added what they wanted. Put it back in just for 2 minutes to melt the cheese and enjoyed!!
- We added things like spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese (melt) to make it into pizza spaghetti squash.
Air Fryer Squash
You could keep this vegetarian without any meat at all really, or create a meat lovers “bowl” for yourself.
- You can just toss your squash pasta with sauce and some cooked ground beef too to add some protein.
- Melt cheeses of all kinds on top with some butter underneath.
Want something out of the box delish? Scrape the squash in air fryer “noodles” out and toss it with some pad thai peanut sauce for a totally new dish.
Summer squash could be cooked similarly except it would probably take less time. With those the skins are more tender. I would set for 20 minutes instead and check. Still season with salt and pepper after spraying with oil. Our air fryer sweet potato cubes and air fryer butternut squash are amazing.
Ninja Foodi Squash
If you haven’t tried air fryer acorn squash it is another great variety too. All of them are great gluten free dishes you’ll love. If you want to just slice zucchini and yellow squash, try our air fryer vegetables recipe here.
We make both of these A LOT. I mean they are always at the store and really inexpensive. You can amp them up with spices or leave them simple and plain. Any way you cut it they are fresh and fantastic additions to your air fryer dinner.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Slice squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds only inside the center of each half.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes, then put both halves inside with open side facing up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Spray with olive oil spray on top and inside center so it's nice and moist.
- Close basket and cook for 25-30 minutes or until it is fork tender. 2 minutes before done you can sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese and allow to melt.
- Use a fork to scrape out middle "noodles" and enjoy.