Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is a healthy way to make vegetable pasta or just serve as a delicious side dish. Tender and flavorful every time.
If you haven’t tried air fryer spaghetti squash yet you’re missing out! It is one of the best air fryer recipes we have on our site. Healthy, cheap and delicious with every bite. (affiliate links present)
We first made Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash pizza and that was amazing. I will share a picture of that below. If you don’t have a Ninja Foodi though I wanted to share how to make it in another brand.
This is a how to cook spaghetti squash fast AND with a bit of yummy crisp on the edges too. The best of both worlds I tell you and only takes like 5 minutes to prep this baby. That is my kinda’ dish (but you knew that already).
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Typically you can fit one cut in half lengthwise at once. That is typically enough for 2 people depending on whether it is an easy side dish or a main meal.
I mean you can stuff these babies with all sorts of things. You can make a low carb version of cheesy spaghetti this way. Instead of noodles you use a fork to scrape the stringy pieces out and it tastes amazingly similar.
How do you cook spaghetti squash seriously?
There are several ways but this is best if you ask us. We’ve done it in a Instant Pot and oven but making it in our Cosori air fryer topped the list.
Spaghetti Squash in Air Fryer
As for the seasonings you could add what you like, and love on it normally. The only thing that is necessary is the olive oil spray. You will need to spray that generously on the cut end in order to maintain it’s moisture.
If not that side will dry out and won’t be as tender as you’d like it to be. Salt and pepper is a given but garlic salt is a nice addition. Sprinkle shredded parmesan on near the end and it can really become a vegetarian dinner.
Can you eat the entire spaghetti squash?
You don’t want to eat the skin. I mean that side is like a pumpkin and you wouldn’t eat that part either. Cooked correctly you can scrape quite a bit out of the inside and it’s quite tasty.
There is a printable recipe with ingredient amounts listed at the bottom of this post. Here is a quick step by step though:
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds only inside the center of each half.
Preheat air fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes, then put both halves inside with air fryer basket with open cut sides facing up.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired, and any other seasonings you may desire. Spray liberally with olive oil spray on edges and inside the center so it’s nice and moist.
Close basket and air fry for 25-30 minutes or until the insides are nice and fork tender.
2 minutes before done you rotate 360 degrees and sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Allow to melt. Use a fork to scrape out middle “noodles” and enjoy.
And there you have it friends!
What do I serve with spaghetti squash?
If you want to make it into a hearty meal, think of the inside like noodles. What would you add to those, there are many things but here are a few suggestions:
We did this the other night. I put out a bunch of our favorite pizza toppings on the island. Cooked this, scraped the noodles so they were right on the top and everyone added what they wanted. Put it back in just for 2 minutes to melt the cheese and enjoyed!!
- We added things like spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese (melt) to make it into spaghetti squash pizza.
You could keep this vegetarian without any meat at all really, or create a meat lovers “bowl” for yourself.
- You can just toss your squash pasta with sauce and some cooked ground beef too to add some protein.
- Melt cheeses of all kinds on top with some butter underneath.
Want something out of the box delish? Scrape the squash out and toss it with some pad thai peanut sauce.
Air Fryer Squash
Summer squash could be cooked similarly except it would probably take less time. With those the skins are more tender. I would set for 20 minutes instead and check. Still season with salt and pepper after spraying with oil.
All of them are great gluten free dishes you’ll love. If you want to just slice zucchini and yellow squash, try our air fryer vegetables recipe here.
We make both of these A LOT. I mean they are always at the store and really inexpensive. You can amp them up with spices or leave them simple and plain. Any way you cut it they are fresh and fantastic additions to your air fryer dinner.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ninja Foodi Squash
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Slice squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds only inside the center of each half.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes, then put both halves inside with open side facing up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Spray with olive oil spray on top and inside center so it's nice and moist.
- Close basket and cook for 25-30 minutes or until it is fork tender. 2 minutes before done you can sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese and allow to melt.
- Use a fork to scrape out middle "noodles" and enjoy.